Is it worth it & wud it work?

Okay

I have a strange question to ask but I hope you follow my idea::music_whistling:

I brought a Steering wheel a long time ago from a charity shop for my PS2. Works fine on PS2 for general playing, isnt anything flashy.

gamester-dual-force-steering-wheel-&-pedals.jpg:thumbup:

The Pedals connect to the wheel by a 5 Din socket

DIN.GIF

Well I cant find an adapter for this to USB but think I can convert 5 pin din to mini din :)

din_ps2.jpg

Then mini din to USB :)

USB-AM-to-MINI-DIN-6F-Adapter-18025491399.jpg

Where was I? :huh:

OH yeah. After all this what do you think are the chances I can set up the pedals as rudder input for DCS Black Shark?

I just want to see how foot control feels but without the expense. I know I could get a decent setup but for the cost of a few connectors it might be fun.

What do you think? :pilotfly:

Have you done anything similar? :D

I tried using my racing peddles as rudder. Really does not work well since the peddles are not attached to each other so they do not move together. If you can come up with a simple pivot point and connecting rod setup, it may work. I'm just not willing to hack up my peddle base to do it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Once properly connected yes they could be used in the game.

I would highly recommend not trying to connect those pedals as you've described. You will likely burn out your USB port if you try. The difference between those connector's is MUCH more than just the physical contacts which you are adapting.

There are ways which you could connect those pedals via USB, but probably not worth it. It would cost about half of what a real rudder pedal setup would cost, while still not physically functioning correctly as Prophet4no1 states. In addition given your original plan I'm going to assume that exercise of figuring out the real pin-outs for the connection would be a stretch.

Once properly connected yes they could be used in the game.

I would highly recommend not trying to connect those pedals as you've described. You will likely burn out your USB port if you try. The difference between those connector's is MUCH more than just the physical contacts which you are adapting.

There are ways which you could connect those pedals via USB, but probably not worth it. It would cost about half of what a real rudder pedal setup would cost, while still not physically functioning correctly as Prophet4no1 states. In addition given your original plan I'm going to assume that exercise of figuring out the real pin-outs for the connection would be a stretch.

I meant phyically connect them. As in mechanical connection, not electrical. You should beable to make the peddles work as one axis in the controle pannel. No wiring needed. The only issue with connecting them is that you have to find the midpoint of the movement so when you push one down, the other moves up. Otherwise it will not work.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

why cant you just leave the pedals plugged into the steering wheel and then just stick the wheel out of the way. Plug the wheels USB lead into the computer and just dont assign the wheel axis to do anything. I have done this with my G25 when my Saitek pedals have broken for the 50th time. I actually found the g25 pedals to be pretty good. A bit wierd to begin with, but once you are used to them, it is just as wierd going back to proper flight rudder pedals.

I meant phyically connect them. As in mechanical connection, not electrical. You should beable to make the peddles work as one axis in the controle pannel. No wiring needed. The only issue with connecting them is that you have to find the midpoint of the movement so when you push one down, the other moves up. Otherwise it will not work.

I realize that. My comments where to Unicorn0578 about the string of adapters. He won't see anything in a control panel until he wires the pedals to some electronics which show up as a Direct X controller in windows. The string of plug adapters will not do that.