Corrupt file

mikethemadmonk

Downloaded and installed Black Shark but when I try to start the game I get a box that tells me "application error" file corrupt, then the game closes. Have re downloaded the files but same thing happens. Also burned the files to disc and tried installing from there, no difference. Seems I bought a game that I cannot play. Any suggestions would be gratefully received.:mad:

Do the "Run as admin" shuffle if you have Vista or W7. Not to mention the Starforce driver update. (but I think the error box is a bit more specific if this is the problem)

http://konkussion.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=lomac&action=display&thread=6

Corrupt Files

I have found that I can go online to play but I'm not ready for that yet. The game installed no problem, then after three weeks when I clicked the single player icon, the first screen came up with the music and then,:mad::mad::mad: the application error. Installed three times since but same message each time.

Kons lock on site

Don't see the relevance ,the site has nothing to do with Black Shark and certainly nothing in respect to the problem I am experiencing.

To elucidate, I downloaded the game and it worked perfectly for about three weeks. Didn't use it then for a week or two. Tried to play the game last week and then I got the corrupt file message. Further downloads and installations have all given me the same error message. I think it is because the game was un-installed without de-activication, because I am not getting the logon window when I start the game.

As a last resort, the installer can be executed even though it's corrupted. To bypass the corruption test, pass /NCRC on the command line. To do so, go to Start->Run, type cmd and hit Enter. A black console window should open. Drag the installer into the window, hit Space and type /NCRC. Hit Enter again and the installer should start. This is not recommended!

When all else fails, you will need to contact either the developers of the software you're attempting to download or your personal computer support channels.

To anyone interested,this trick solved my problem. The makers of the game were not interested, once they have sold you the game, job done. This took research of perhaps twenty minutes, why couldn't DCS at least try to solve the problem. Pissed off .