Game freezes in one specific instance...

zangler

the game has always run very well on my computer, and i can fly for hours without any crashes or other problems (other than the occasional micro-freeze during battle).

however, i was playing the Georgian Oil War campaign, the first phase (it is the second option on my campaigns list under 'deployment'). i was trying to start the third mission, and right after i hit the pause key to start the mission, it runs for about 2 seconds then freezes. i can still hear sound and everything, but nothing responds and i have to force windows to kill the game.

i tried any number of other missions and flights with no freezing problems of any sort. it is just that mission in the campaign. any ideas? i would like to continue if possible...just strange it is so isolated.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Which version of DCS:BS do you have?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I think what you might be experiencing is an issue with the cone formation for ground troops, though I'm not entirely sure which missions that this affected. (I've never had it on my own machines, sadly.)

You could open the mission file for that mission in the Mission Editor and change formations on ground units and see if that changes anything. I'll try to replicate it on my own and if I succeed I'll see if I can give you a replacement miz file.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester