making slow progress.... plz comment on track

Unicorn0578

I'm making progress slowly.

Would appreciate any comments on this track and being honest this is my best flight so far and felt happy until I got shot down :megalol:

I know I put the gear up late and my height was a little high maybe.

Thanks

If your really bored you can see me try that flight again with same result :joystick: :D (See good flight - shot down again.trk)

good flight - shot down.trk

good flight - shot down again.trk

Edited by Unicorn0578

The first spontaneous comment would be that you should practice on maintaining altitude and airspeed. You had a lot of variation in both, and did a lot of flying very slowly - when transiting it's better to have a good bit of airspeed (200km/h or more) to ensure that you are as difficult a target as possible for any surprise AAA guns, MANPADs and so on.

It seems your main issue is in cyclic-collective coordination - that is, when you pull back to slow down, you don't reduce collective to ensure that you stay on the same altitude, and the reverse.

When it comes to the combat area, you are flying dangerously high and not utilizing any terrain cover - meaning that when you finally found the tanks your were within their range, and at that range the only things that will save you from a tank shell is high speed, maneuver and quickly getting into cover.

I'll fly that once and see if I can give you an example of how to do it and use the mouse pointer to indicate things that you want to keep an eye on.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Here's me flying the mission - though apologies for the horrible rudder handling (my pedals came loose from their mount so half the time I tried to give pedal I moved the whole set instead of a pedal...).

soso.trk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

@EtherealN

Thanks for your comments. I will practice maintaining speed / altitude. At the moment my height is more a matter of luck than judgement :cry:

Thanks for flying the mission. I will look at it later.

It was fun though being shot down :megalol:

@zdXu

Here is a link to the mission thread:

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2626185/STICKY_Tutorial_How_to_take_of.html#Post2626185

And here is a link to the mission file:

http://freenet-homepage.de/parabellum/tutorial01.miz

Which mission is it?

I wasn't sure - I just loaded the track file and immediately pressed ESC and took control. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Just watched your track and it was great watching how you went about the mission. Nice variety of attack and has given me something to aim for if you pardon the pun :lol:

You sure swoop in low, thought you was gonna catch some grass in your wheels at one point ! :smilewink:

Thanks again for your time :D