EF2000

3Sqn_Sven

For anyone interested, I finally got EF2000 to work under XP at a playable rate. Previously it would run about twice as fast as normal. I've been trying to get this to work for about 5 years, so I'm pretty pleased! I'm using Winthrottle. It's the first CPU slowdown program that has worked for me with EF2000.

3Sqn - Largest distributor of Flanker, Fulcrum and Frogfoot parts in the Black Sea Region

For anyone interested, I finally got EF2000 to work under XP at a playable rate. Previously it would run about twice as fast as normal. I've been trying to get this to work for about 5 years, so I'm pretty pleased! I'm using Winthrottle. It's the first CPU slowdown program that has worked for me with EF2000.

Which version? the DOS / 2.0 /Super?

It was and still is my favorite sim of all time....spent WAAAY too much time playing that online with Kali(if anyone remembers that)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

Waaay too much fun had with that one. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

EF2000 was excellent for it's time! Yes Sven, please advise what version of EF you have running.

I'm running Super EF2000 for Windows 95. Have got it running perfectly in XP, all you need is winthrottle. http://www.oldskool.org/pc/throttle

I've got mine throttled to slow down 75%. Having a blast! If anyone wants it I think it's abandonware so I could probably upload it.

Anyone keen for some networked campaign action?

• Like 1

3Sqn - Largest distributor of Flanker, Fulcrum and Frogfoot parts in the Black Sea Region

I remember reading about some mod to allow you to use the 3dfx accelerated DOS version with newer generation of nvidia hardware. SEF2k I was disapointed with there was no 3d acceleration for the windows version :/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

Actually, I've seen it in bargain bins not long ago, so it's not abandoned yet. Just need a bit of searching and you should be able to find someone who still sells it. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester