had an interesting idea/concept...would like some opinions

zangler

this might belong in the tracks/missions/campaigns forum...but it is just a concept at the moment and not really any of those things...

anyway...i was thinking that it might be fun if we did some sort of DCS: Blackshark rodeo or skills competition. basically create a mission file for different events, all in the spirit of fun, and then share the tracks and compare, crowning a winner in each 'event'.

some examples of what i am talking about is having a set number of trucks in a field and a fixed load out of say 40 rockets. each pilot will take off and have say 3min or until the end of their armament to kill as many trucks as they can, then land again within the time frame. winner would be determined by who got the most kills with the 40 rockets and landed their bird safely within the specified amount of time.

a non combat, pilot type competition would be landing on the back of a moving frigate within a time frame...winner determined who can do it the quickest without damaging the chopper.

a shuttle run: leave from one airfield, land at a FARP, change load-out, land at another FARP, change load-out again, land back at airfield...again, maximum time allotment and quickest undamaged ka-50 pilot to complete the shuttle run wins.

anyway, this are just a few off the top of my head, and thought it could be good for laughs as the submissions are posted and timed/judged.

any thoughts/comments/interest? think its stupid? really though...who does not want to take part in a rodeo flown with $20,000,000 horses? lol.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

due to the differences of play times and time zones i was thinking of making it as a mission that could be downloaded and played at your convenience.

if there was indeed some interest we could set a deadline to email me your tracks, and i could record them and upload a video and publish the results.

the events i described are just ideas...if people like them then we could do a sign up thread or something...or if someone has some ideas for other events, this is a good place to bat that around.

ultimately i hope that it is a both a fun and learning experience for everyone since it will be very interesting to see the method that other pilots approach common tasks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In my opinion it will be much more fun to fly all live instead of posting tracks.

With the risk of running ahead of everything, you might also want to consider using Livestream to stream the matches/games/races so that people can watch online (without the need to be ingame, so pilots will have no lags).

Take the Virtual Festival of Aerobatic Teams for example, this started the same way like this thread 5 years ago, and now we have around 10.000+ spectators every year. :D

VFAT First Thread

VFAT Livestream

VFAT Forum

But it is your choise how far you want to go ofcourse ;)

Edited by Frazer

Forum | Videos | DCS:BS Demo1 / Demo2 | YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In my opinion it will be much more fun to fly all live instead of posting tracks.

With the risk of running ahead of everything, you might also want to consider using Livestream to stream the matches/games/races so that people can watch online (without the need to be ingame, so pilots will have no lags).

Take the Virtual Festival of Aerobatic Teams for example, this started the same way like this thread 5 years ago, and now we have around 10.000+ spectators every year. :D

VFAT First Thread

VFAT Livestream

VFAT Forum

But it is your choise how far you want to go ofcourse ;)

i certainly have no problem with doing something live and really making an event of it. i just wanted to be as inclusive as possible, knowing that schedules vary greatly for people.

perhaps submitted tracks open to everyone as the 'qualifiers' and the semi-final or finals broadcast live?

i also think the team/squad event idea is a great one.

i do not know too much about livestream, or even the mission builder and what its full potential is. if anyone is wanting/willing to help me with this project just shoot me a PM.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sounds great, maybe you can try to organize something whit the help from the VFAT team?

i was on their site watching the replays of former shows...and that is a very impressive group! i would love to work with anyone from that team...but i am so new to the community side of sims that i really dont have any contacts or relationships with anyone. so any help is appreciated.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i was on their site watching the replays of former shows...and that is a very impressive group! i would love to work with anyone from that team...but i am so new to the community side of sims that i really dont have any contacts or relationships with anyone. so any help is appreciated.

As VFAT coördinator & organizer I would be happy to advice though I have to hold back on "working together" seen my limited free time.

Forum | Videos | DCS:BS Demo1 / Demo2 | YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sounds awesome! While doing the live thing would definitely be much more cool, submitting tracks would be better imo, just so EVERYONE has the chance to compete (it can take months to get everyone together to perform in a short time frame =P)

It sounds really awesome though. Too bad we can't spawn hoops in the air to fly through. Heh.

Lead Admin/Founder of Kilo-Tango Gaming Community

As VFAT coördinator & organizer I would be happy to advice though I have to hold back on "working together" seen my limited free time.

im sure you are slammed with VFAT stuff all of the time...if i do choose to go the live route, i would appreciate advice since you are surely the expert. thanks!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]