Laptop requirements

Hi guys, long time no see, but as you might know I've been busy flying IRL so I tend to forget the exiting virtual world.

Anyway, my 7-yr old desktop has made it to the eternal hunting grounds and I'm looking for a laptop to replace it. This is where I need some help.

I'm NOT looking for a system that will play Lockon (or upcoming A10c) with super FPS at max settings but rather a system that gives me >20FPS with most options in LockOn set to max.

My budget is limited and I'm aiming for something between 500-600 euro's.

Will something like this suffice?

- cpu: Pentium dual T4300 2,1GHz

- graphics: ATI HD4530 or Nvidea G103M (both 512Mb)

- memory: 3Gb

Any info on cpu type/speed and graphics adapter is welcome.

Thanks.

DELL Inspiron 1564 / Intel Core i3 M330 @ 2.13GHz (4GB)___ATI Radeon HD4330(512Mb)___Windows7 Home Premium 64bit

About CPU speed:

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu_lookup.php?cpu=Pentium+Dual-Core+T4300+@+2.10GHz

About GPU speed:

http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-ATI-Mobility-Radeon-HD-4530.13972.0.html

Memory will do for 32bit, but you should look for 4GB with 64bit (just because price won't be big difference)

Edited by jerom1992
Incorrect tags

Should be more than enough.

I have a Dell Vostro 1700 which has a spec which is less than what you mentioned and it has no trouble running Lockon, DCS Blackshark, Call of Duty MW and a few others.

Spec:

C2D 2.0Ghz

3Gb RAM

256Mb Nvidia 8600GT

Win 7 Home Premium

Dave

Edited by Dave_s

Well I've got a HP with Dual Core 2.16 ghz Intel cpu, ATI HD 3430 and 3gigs of ram, and it runs LO somewhat OK, with some high settings but the default LO terrain. Haven't tried DCS on it yet.

With the ATI 4530 though you should be in a better position to run DCS at higher level of details :) I'd even recommend looking for a model with 4650/70 which are much faster! The others said 4gb ram is better, but even 3 will do, on most models you can expand it later. And stick to an Intel dual core CPU, running at least at 2 Ghz...

Edited by Fahhh

Good luck with that, and good choice on using Intel's new architecture. The P series chips may have a bit lower clock for a higher price, but their performance vastly outweighs that of the regular core 2 or T series processors at the same clock. That means they last longer, and heat up less.

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.