When the Mi-24 Hind?

redbat

Hi guys! :thumbup:

I've been searching for a real good Hind simulator and it seems to me the most logical place to have/find one it would be here.

I've read some topics about this subject in this forum and I find quite surprising that a such iconic helicopter hasn´t been yet created to add to this Black Shark simulator.

I found in the Enemy Engaged community a flyable Hind but still is very basic and a primitive version and for those who know it you know all the missing qualities. Also there is one for Microsoft Flight Simulator from LAGO, but still it's just a nice "Sunday ride", you can't do anything with it except looking the landscape!

I also found an Apache Longbow for the Enemy Engaged series and it's quite interesting to fly.

About the A-10 simulator, there is already one in Lock On, and it's not that bad at all, or people can fly it in Wings Over Europe from Thirdwire, as a light simulator, of course.

So, when people think about DCS Black Shark, people think helicopter simulation. Not just a helicopter simulation but The best one! When I want to fly modern combat fixed wings airplanes I go to Lock On or Open Falcon series. I'm quite amazed how a such wanted and symbolic, bad ass gunship helicopter is a such far in the future project!! An A-10 simulator?! Sure it will be a better one than the existing ones, but it will be more of the same already. Sure is interesting to be able to fly A-10 in the same environment as the Black Shark. But isn't that what Flamming Cliffs 2.0 is for?!!

I was truly hoping to find this remarkable Hind helicopter as one of the DGS top priority projects, but very sadly it isn´t.

I've been a fixed wing plane simmer and I just started to fly in Enemy Engaged Comanche some months ago. I wanted to fly the Hind and I found a better addon than the default one. Of course that's a not so complete simulator as Black Shark is and so it was natural to me to have a look in DGS for the real thing. But there isn't and it seems it won't be in a near future.

So, I'm pretty sure Black Shark is a very good simulator, as the big community shows in their enthusiasm in these forums. But for me and surelly for many other simmers, flying the Black Shark helicopter is not enough attractive to make me buy it. I know this simulator for years, but I'm very sure I would have already bought it if there was a such well simulated Mi-24 Hind in it as the Black Shark.

In the simmer community people also want to fly their cult aircraft. People want to live their adventures in airplanes full of history, that took part in many different theaters around the world. That's why there are so many historical user developed missions. People want to try, to know how would they perform flying those awesome machines.

The Mi-24 is one of such machines and it is very natural to be well wished in this simulator.

Cheers :thumbup:

Actualy is on the list for a DCS module, and there are lots others wanting it too if I recall.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Ooops, sorry, forgot the cynicism-tags ;)

Naa, really, the HIND would be a good fit for it's lack of advanced electronics, but then again, the ground- and AI-details are not that detailed for some really believable ground-supporting chopper-action....

basic

for translators ...

[redundant]

Erm, no offense there, but you might want to research how ED pick the simulators they develop.

Until there's a military customer for a Mi-24 sim, i guess you'll have to shine it on until the A/C developer tools become available to the general public. However, it's quite uncertain if a 3rd party will be able to develop an aircraft at the given level of complexity.

Edited by sobek

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

About the A-10 simulator, there is already one in Lock On, and it's not that bad at all, or people can fly it in Wings Over Europe from Thirdwire, as a light simulator, of course.

LO has the A10A, with very simplified avionics and flight dynamics. Thirdwire games are nice and fun, but they're not exactly hardcore simulations - they're fun flight combat games.

DCS:Warthog will have the A10C, fully modeled to DCS standards. You have never seen an A10 like that. ;) (A10 Cuba might be close, but that might also be nostalgia speaking.)

So, when people think about DCS Black Shark, people think helicopter simulation. Not just a helicopter simulation but The best one! When I want to fly modern combat fixed wings airplanes I go to Lock On or Open Falcon series.

When people think "DCS Black Shark" they think helicopter sim, yeah. When they think "DCS Warthog" they'll think fixed wing... ;)

An A-10 simulator?! Sure it will be a better one than the existing ones, but it will be more of the same already. Sure is interesting to be able to fly A-10 in the same environment as the Black Shark. But isn't that what Flamming Cliffs 2.0 is for?!!

It's more of the same in the same sense that DCS:BS is "more of the same" from Novalogics old Comanche vs Werewolf series. ;)

Flaming Cliffs 2 is an update to Flaming Cliffs and LockOn, and just like FC1.12 it has the A10A at medium fidelity. DCS:Warthog is based on the A10C DTS that was produced for the US ANG as a procedure and conversion trainer - it's literally "military grade" whereas FC2 is a survey simulator, "consumer grade". The difference there is massive.

In the simmer community people also want to fly their cult aircraft.

Cult aircraft like the A10 and Ka-50 Black Shark. Yes, the Ka-50 Black Shark is a cult aircraft. It's just more famous in this strange place called "Russia" than it is in the west. Russia and the CIS countries is just as big a sim market as the west is.

The Mi-24 is one of such machines and it is very natural to be well wished in this simulator.

Yes, and it is planned - it just hasn't been given a timeframe yet. (Dig around a bit and you can find some work-in-progress screens of the Mi-24 cockpit.) But it won't be for a while since military contracts take priority, and synergies between those military contracts and the consumer market take second priority. And after the A10C you can bet that the fighter jocks will want a fastmover. Or maybe "that's what FC2 is for"? :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I've read some topics about this subject in this forum and I find quite surprising that a such iconic helicopter hasn´t been yet created to add to this Black Shark simulator.

I really have no idea how the developers are mapping out the Apache, Hind & other multi-seat cockpits for their planned simulators. One would hope that they set it up to where it's multi-player per airframe to keep with the realism (something they're obviously getting known for). My wife isn't big on flying, but she loves watching stuff being blown up. I can't think of a better "front seater" than her & have no doubt she would join in.

As far as BS is concerned, it being a single-seat makes it a great "starter" for their DCS series. Falcon is a tough sim to top, but the market didn't have a helicopter "equivalent".

It was the best aircraft to release at the best time.

Whether or not that was their strategy remains to be seen, but it worked out damn well for them.

Edited by Booger

I think a Hind simulator would be more suited to ARMA2 rather than the DCS series. The AI in DCS is mostly static, so attacking it with a HIND would probably get old fast. I also noted when flying ARNEH's excellant HIND pit in EECH that its pretty much a sitting duck, ill equipt to deal with SAM defenses. EECH though offers a greater variety of mission types more suited to the HIND.

My thoughts anyhow :)

ps- Dont get me wrong though, as i would like to see a DCS HIND, as well as an ApacheD, Kiowa, KA52, Blackhawk, and Chinook, plus a dynamic campaign engine to fuel mutliplay :)

I would much prefer some heli's with troop carrying ability and other kinds of missions.Gunships have really burnt me out over the years and so have the fast jets.Lets get back to the longbow 2 days flying the UH-60 and OH-58.:)

Edited by Akwar

Well, you obviously missed Digital Integration's Mi-24 HIND!

yeah those were the days... very nostalgic:cry:. Digital Integration's F-16 Fighting Falcon (+the Afghanistan campaign), AH-64D Apache and the Mi-24 HIND. I really missed them, the HIND had some pretty cool missions and campaigns.

P.S. Sorry for hijacking the thread:P

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

I will love to see a Mi-24 simulator, the hability to carry troops to or from the battle will add a lot to the mission planning.

While this feature was already available in DI's HIND, the low level of AI for the ground-troops would just become even more obvious.

Maybe one can come up with one or two sane scenarios (e.g. picking up Special Forces), but simulating a "realistic" battle down to the level of infantry seems not to be one of the strong points of TFCSE.

At the moment, ARMA II would be more promising for that (which in turn is way too simple when it comes to airplanes and has a way more limited viewing distance) :(

... old song: combining the best from two or more (sim-)worlds is impossible to achieve ;)

basic

for translators ...

I have and played DI Hind until burnt my eyes lol specially the Afghanistan campaign and that missions are without a doubt the best ones. Now about the BS series, don't really know, it shouldn't be hard, after all you reac the LZ, drop/recover your guys and get out of there, AI only need to run as hell from or to the helicopter.

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

• 2 years later...

The Mi-24 will be the best Heli for enjoy in Simulator war games. This Heli is unique and have a great power fire and could transport troops. But I really dont know how is possible nobody decide do this bird when a lot of olds pilots can help and nobody need contact with Mil company to model this Heli. The apache is great and modern but do not transport. Of course ED first have the improve the infantery soldiers ( actually they are mummies )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Hind is my all-time favourite chopper, but as much as I'd love to see it in this sim I really don't think it'll happen anytime soon, because no military customers equals no ED development. :cry:

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

This guy could do the voice over for the tutorials :smartass:

:pilotfly:Wolfpack Production:pilotfly:

-=<[WiN 10, I7 3770K @ 4,5 Ghz, Corsair H100i, Sabertooth Z77, 16 GB Dominator, Sapphire 7970 VaporX 6GB, C70 Vengance, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro rudder, Track IR, Beyerdynamics MMX 300 ]>=-

DCS/FC2/FC3/Arma videos on my channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/WolfpackproductionDK

"Fortes Furtuna Juvat"

Well, you obviously missed Digital Integration's Mi-24 HIND!

But otherwise, congrats at being the very absolute first on the forum to suggest the HIND as a worthy helicopter for DCS. :thumbup:

I'm +1 for HIND. He is first, because he is not afraid to say that :smilewink:

But I must admit, that Apache would have more warm welcomes for most of us :music_whistling:

Anyway, if ED will start making Apache from the scatch at this moment, at the TIME of it's release I will have gray hair and long beard :cry:

Anyway, if ED will start making Apache from the scatch at this moment, at the TIME of it's release I will have gray hair and long beard :cry:

Guess it will be a flying legend :unsure:

:pilotfly:Wolfpack Production:pilotfly:

-=<[WiN 10, I7 3770K @ 4,5 Ghz, Corsair H100i, Sabertooth Z77, 16 GB Dominator, Sapphire 7970 VaporX 6GB, C70 Vengance, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro rudder, Track IR, Beyerdynamics MMX 300 ]>=-

DCS/FC2/FC3/Arma videos on my channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/WolfpackproductionDK

"Fortes Furtuna Juvat"

Guess it will be a flying legend :unsure:

Doesn't matter...

All fixed wing tubes are boring for me, all of them are almost the same... I want some whirly bird badly :cry_2:

Mil-Mi-24 Hind, yeahhhhhh, it's my dream for simulator but untill now i d'idnt find a simulator hardcore like BS for this helicopter...

What we can hope?

Answer : Beczl please do for us the most knowed military combat helicopter after the release of your wonderfull MIG-21 !!:music_whistling:

There is already a Hind addon to Take On Helicoters and with the editor and availability of mods, you can go combat flying just like that.

Sorry but for me the simulation quality of BS2 from ED is ten step higher compared to the Hind addon for Take on !!!

I have seen only the Cold start on a video from youtube and it's say enough...