im getting 60 fps updated NVIDIA drivers 196.75

lockon.jpg

lockonfc2.jpg

GlobalNVIDIA19562pg1.jpg

GlobalNVIDIA19562pg2.jpg

http://downloads.guru3d.com/

• Like 1

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

What card do you have? I have a 8800GT

Read his signature. ;)

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

GF, do you know what you were getting before the update?

BTW, I find it cool you live in El Centro. You probably haven't heard anyone envying you living there though. ;-)

lol yea 120 degrees durring the summer...

I was steady at 30 35 in mp now it's 40 fps in, sp im rock solid 60fps.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

lol yea 120 degrees durring the summer...

I was steady at 30 35 in mp now it's 40 fps in, sp im rock solid 60fps.

"lol yea 120 F degrees durring the summer..."

There, fixed that for you (this is an international forum after all :)).

Do you still notice the same speed-up over the big cities? If so then the driver is definitely worth getting (I have some Nvidia-equipped machines but am quite slack at updating since I usually get sucky speeds over cities no matter what the driver).

• Like 1

i tried this driver and i likes it .

i likes it ,, alot . :thumbup:

i did find ,,over cities , the sim ran ,, smoother . :smilewink:

i have my fps capped at 30 , so i cant really tell by numbers .

but i can tell ,, by gameplay .

this is the smoothest driver ive ever used .

its worth a try .

cheers again mastif ,, for the heads up .

S!

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

from the read me txt release NVIDIA

Is SLI Split enabled again?

because others are not .. big disappointment if it doesn't..

New in Version 196.75

* Adds support for Next Generation ION.

* Adds support for GeForce GT 320, GeForce GT 330, and GeForce GT 340.

* Upgrades PhysX System Software to version 9.10.0129.

* Upgrades HD Audio driver to version 1.0.9.1 (for supported GPUs).

* Increases performance in several PC games from v196.21 WHQL. The following are examples of measured improvements. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration:

o Up to 13% performance increase in Crysis: Warhead with a single GPU

o Up to 30% performance increase in Crysis: Warhead with SLI technology

o Up to 13% performance increase in H.A.W.X with single GPU

o Up to 15% performance increase in H.A.W.X with SLI technology

o Up to 30% performance increase in Left 4 Dead with single GPU

o Up to 28% performance increase in Left 4 Dead with SLI technology

* Adds SLI and multi-GPU support for top new gaming titles including Assassin Creed II, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Command and Conquer 4: Tiberium Twilight, Grand Theft Auto IV: Episodes from Liberty City, Mass Effect 2, Napoleon: Total War, and Zombie Driver.

* Enhanced SLI support for World of Warcraft and Unigine.

* Adds override anti-aliasing support for Mass Effect 2.

* Includes numerous bug fixes.

If you’ve downloaded Nvidia’s 196.75 WHQL drivers you need to heed a warning from Nvidia themselves who have now officially stated that you should install their 196.21 drivers instead for now as they investigate widespread reports that their 196.75 WHQL drivers are causing graphics cards to overheat and, in some instances, fail.

Nvidia has confirmed that the issue is of enough concern to act to pull their 196.75 WHQL drivers and have offered the following statement:

We are aware that some customers have reported fan speed issues with the latest 196.75 WHQL drivers on NVIDIA.com. Until we can verify and root cause this issue, we recommend that customers stay with, or return to 196.21 WHQL drivers. Release 196.75 drivers have been temporarily removed from our Web site in the meantime.

If you’ve downloaded Nvidia’s 196.75 WHQL drivers you need to heed a warning from Nvidia themselves who have now officially stated that you should install their 196.21 drivers instead for now as they investigate widespread reports that their 196.75 WHQL drivers are causing graphics cards to overheat and, in some instances, fail.

Nvidia has confirmed that the issue is of enough concern to act to pull their 196.75 WHQL drivers and have offered the following statement:

We are aware that some customers have reported fan speed issues with the latest 196.75 WHQL drivers on NVIDIA.com. Until we can verify and root cause this issue, we recommend that customers stay with, or return to 196.21 WHQL drivers. Release 196.75 drivers have been temporarily removed from our Web site in the meantime.

mostly the people OC'ing there video cards. I myself not experiencing a problem at all.. I don't Overclock my stuff last longer that way.:joystick:

No, that has nothing to do with overclock. With 196.75, under certain conditions, the hotter the gpu goes, the slower the fan spin, until it stops. Basically the fan duty cycle is reversed.

If the fan stops and the gpu is still under heavy work load, the risk of burning it is pretty high. If you're using 196.75 the best thing you can do is revert back to an earlier driver set and wait for a fix to come out.

Nvidia wouldn't have bothered removing the drivers and making an official statement about the problem if it wasn't that bad.

No, that has nothing to do with overclock. With 196.75, under certain conditions, the hotter the gpu goes, the slower the fan spin, until it stops. Basically the fan duty cycle is reversed.

If the fan stops and the gpu is still under heavy work load, the risk of burning it is pretty high. If you're using 196.75 the best thing you can do is revert back to an earlier driver set and wait for a fix to come out.

Nvidia wouldn't have bothered removing the drivers and making an official statement about the problem if it wasn't that bad.

well maybe for you but not for me... and others...

how about using fixed fan speed other than the automatic fan speed control?

RTX 3070

I've spent some time reading forums about this problem.

1st, it doesn't happen with all 3d apps. So Lock On may be ok, but others may lead to a dangerous situation...

2nd, if you use an hardware method (ex. rehobus) to control the fan speed you should be ok. People using rivatuner or EVGA precision tool have reported some probles (fan stopped and not spinning up at all) after resuming from sleep state.

Mastiff, you are free to use 196.75 if you like them. Just consider that you may run unawared in some situation were the fan behave abnormally, and if that happens, the risk of putting the vga in the trash can is high. Problems have been quite widespread, even nVidia is recommending to downgrade drivers. In a week or so they should put out an hotfix anyway.

I'm just suggesting you to take care, i think nobody likes to ruin a card worth hundred of bucks. :)

OK guys it took me a weak and yes these drivers are bunked get rid of then.. I did a check and yes the drivers for some reason turn off the fan..

I was running with no fan for a week and couldn't tell because the tool I was using was showing it working. I started having issues yesterday; I rolled back to the (whql) 196.21 and now I went from 43c to 0c...

Good luck and hope you didn't burn your card up..:thumbup:

make sure you down load your version this link is for the vista 64bit win7 64bit

http://downloads.guru3d.com/Videocards---NVIDIA-GeForce--Vista-%7C-7_c32.html

this link is for you XP 32 bit

http://downloads.guru3d.com/Videocards---NVIDIA-GeForce-(XP-32-bit)_c10.html

this link is for XP 64 bit

http://downloads.guru3d.com/Videocards---NVIDIA-GeForce-(XP-64-bit)_c28.html

on a side note for some reason those drivers stuck my fan at 40%. I had to go to EVGA and down load their tool for controling the fan. Now at 100% and running at 38c to 60c..

Is that right for this card? I can not find any information on the heat specs for this...

answered my own question

heres the answer guys just for FYI.

Moderate heat production (idles at 37-39c, and load is 60-68c)

Your still using the new drivers and your fan is running at 100%? Do you run at 100% all the time? I have mine set at 70% when I'm not gaming.

No I rolled back to 196.34..

I think there was a world wide warning for these drivers to be removed from your system for the bug that made cards overheat (and eventualy die out).

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P