F-15C Eagle

Scart

Well I uninstalled FC2 then used modman to instsall the mod but I still have the invisible plane problem.

Well I cant get it to work, oh well. I'll just deal with the normal F15C model.

Sorry, my English is too bad to explain. Something you're doing wrong.

I made the skin out of the Template released for this model. Then i used an existing slot namely the "173th FW ANG Oregon skin"

Ok. There are two ways. The first is to edit a file f-15.skins

and replace the code

value = 0.6; 
                material = ("F15C_1", "standart", "F15C-1-07.bmp"); 
                material = ("F15C_1_met", "standart", "F15C-1-07.bmp"); 
                material = ("F15C_2", "standart", "F15C-2-02.bmp"); 
                material = ("F15C_2_met", "standart", "F15C-2-02.bmp"); 
                material = ("F15C_Numbers", "standart", "F15C-numbers-01.tga"); 
                material = ("F15C_lattice", "standart", "F15C-lattice-01.tga"); 
                material = ("F15C_Logo", "standart", "F15C-Logo-02.tga"); 
                material = ("F15C_Logo2", "standart", "F15C-Logo2-00.tga");

with code

value = 0.6; 
                material = ("F15C_1", "standart", "F15C-1-07.bmp"); 
                material = ("F15C_1_met", "standart", "F15C-1-07.bmp"); 
                material = ("F15C_2", "standart", "F15C-2-02.bmp"); 
                material = ("F15C_2_met", "standart", "F15C-2-02.bmp"); 
                material = ("F15C_Numbers", "standart", "F15C-numbers-01.tga"); 
                material = ("F15C_lattice", "standart", "F15C-lattice-01.tga"); 
                material = ("F15C_Logo", "standart", "F15C-Logo-00.tga"); 
                material = ("F15C_Logo2", "standart", "F15C-Logo2-00.tga");

disappear all the inscriptions and emblems (including the tails)

The second way - this is to edit the alpha channel in the file F15C-Logo-02.tga

all that in the alpha channel is filled with black-becomes invisible

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The second way - this is to edit the alpha channel in the file F15C-Logo-02.tga

all that in the alpha channel is filled with black-becomes invisible

How do i edit the alpha channel? I'm using photoshop cs2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Google will bring up a lot of tutorials, pauldy! :)

Next to the layers panel you should see a tab for "Channels." Once selected, you will see 4 channels already there, RGB, R, G, and B. (These are the different color channels. Largely unimportant for you right now.) If there is an alpha channel already applied to the image, you will see it there. (Probably called Alpha 1.) Also if you click on the "New" icon, you will create an alpha channel. Once created and selected, you literally "draw" on it like a normal image, but in grayscale. Anything white will be entirely visible, black will be invisible. (Transparent.) 50% grey would yield 50% opacity.

When you're done editing your alpha channel, reselect the RGB channel and go back to your layers panel. If you don't reselect the RGB channel you'll be left in Quick Mask mode I believe, and you won't be able to edit your layers. If you want to go back and adjust your alpha channel, just tab back to the Channels tab and select the alpha channel, etc, etc.

Another quick useful feature is the "Save selection as a channel" button next to the Create New Channel button. If you have something selected from your layers, and click this button, it turns that selected shape into an alpha channel of that shape. Try it, and the significance will be immediately obvious. Like layers, channels can have filters applied, etc. Keep in mind you can "invert" a channel with Ctrl-I.

Have fun! Hopefully anything I explained poorly will be obvious in a tutorial you can find on Google.

Regards,

Beaker

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry for the noob question but how do i make the pilot name stencils & squadron emblems transparent?

screenshot012o.th.jpg

Deleting their files would cause the skin to have odd white squares..

:pilotfly::smartass:

Hi there !

How do you one to remove what is on the screen entiourer above?

because I did another complete skin from the psd but on a slot available!

And I would like to remove all nose art n number and another logo on the side of the aircraft!

thank you in advance.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

== http://www.3rd-wing.net ==

Extremmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:pilotfly::smartass:

Hi there !

How do you one to remove what is on the screen entiourer above?

because I did another complete skin from the psd but on a slot available!

And I would like to remove all nose art n number and another logo on the side of the aircraft!

thank you in advance.

This has been answered before:

Edit the alpha channel in the file F15C-Logo-XX.tga where "XX" is the number of the skin you are replacing. For instance if you are replacing skin 2 (Oregon) the file you need to edit is F15C-Logo-02.tga. In the alpha channel the emblems are visible and you should paint them in black to make them invisible. Aaron886 explained how in here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=921377&postcount=403

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Hello to you Matze81 , what kind of skin you search?

Simple, detail or a particular camo? .

http://server.3rd-wing.net/public/Postal2/wip/F15C-1-0710-01.jpg

http://server.3rd-wing.net/public/Postal2/wip/F15C-2-.jpg

Whith cockpit texture , pilot etc ... .

http://server.3rd-wing.net/public/Postal2/wip/extreme.jpg

There is a lot af works but i like this ^^ !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thx for the reply postal!

Basically, I'm looking for authentic USAF skins!

Exactly like the one you're working on (Very nice btw!) Are you going to release it on Lockonfiles.com?

The skins that come with Gys' F-15 are really great, but after a while, I always feel like trying out different / additional ones.

A high quality skin from Kadena (Tail Code ZZ) would be nice, for example. Lockonfiles.com features one for Lock On 1.12, which also works in FC 2.0, but I seems to me the colors of that one are a bit off (correct me if I'm wrong).

1410299558_LockOnFilesGysF-15CKadenaSkin.thumb.jpg.07fd63bd005ad751fb171b15124f25ff.jpg

174411242_F-15CKadena01.jpg.0134b61ff100f72a5a8ff53a811a51ba.jpg

2003550203_F-15CKadena02.jpg.a97647b71abb53ef9689d54f241da34f.jpg

Edited by Matze81
  • Like 1

Well thank you for the compliment!

I could actually do benefit the community but without the camo and the badge, because it is one of my squadron in my squadron.

Otherwise yes I métterai version in its release will benefit the entire community of Lo.

Little detail on the screen that show you the colors are too "flash" and the name of the driver has the wrong logo.

Otherwise if you want a "ZZ" I can see if I have enough I will reproduce the picture itself.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

F-15 standart Ghost Color Scheme: FS 36176 & FS36251

Не критикуй! Если можешь, сделай лучше! Главная ошибка любой программы в том, что она вообще была написана.

Благодарю за внимание. "pallmall" Valery

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic3296_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

I could actually do benefit the community but without the camo and the badge, because it is one of my squadron in my squadron.

Otherwise yes I métterai version in its release will benefit the entire community of Lo.

I'm always happy and grateful when talented skinners / modders share what they've created with the whole community!

Little detail on the screen that show you the colors are too "flash" and the name of the driver has the wrong logo.

Otherwise if you want a "ZZ" I can see if I have enough I will reproduce the picture itself.

That would be so cool, if you could come up with an authentic ZZ! If not, don't worry about it. I appreciate you looking into it! Thx bro!

I'm always happy and grateful when talented skinners / modders share what they've created with the whole community!

That would be so cool, if you could come up with an authentic ZZ! If not, don't worry about it. I appreciate you looking into it! Thx bro!

And although the camo ZZ remains to determine what exactly is Squadrons easily found on the net!

Also on base is actually valéry have on your base!

http://www.jpsmodell.de/dc/schemes/f15mod_e.htm

and f15mod.jpg

. Good to rest after the pofiner camo completely but I think it will have do!

If you are not rushed I did it after my current job! .

Thank's for your support .

:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you are not rushed I did it after my current job!

No rush, man! Take your time!

Concerning the colors: To me the FS 36176 and 36251 seem a bit too dark!

I know that it all depends on the lighting conditions, but even in the picture with the cloudy weather (post #412) the colors seem lighter than the FS 36176 / 36251.

Maybe FS 36375 (light compass grey) as base color and either FS 35189 (blue grey), 35164 (intermediate blue) or 35237 (grey blue) for the camo would look more realistic. But that's just me!

I don't know, if the 4th picture below is authentic, but it's obvious, that the guy who made it used much lighter colors to create his Mod Eagle scheme.

672624365_F-15CModEagle.thumb.jpg.9d94b98cd84864e09aae37cc8e3d2cdc.jpg

1418358996_F-15CKadena03.jpg.b87030c608b3eabbfa705e5372105b33.jpg

1346119455_F-15CKadena04.JPG.1459541b2b7338f6b348b8aba49c40f1.JPG

948344489_F-15EGAANGModEagle.thumb.jpg.889c35d6cd812b64ce794a2a13b314f6.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Well I uninstalled FC2 then used modman to instsall the mod but I still have the invisible plane problem.

Well I cant get it to work, oh well. I'll just deal with the normal F15C model.

I don't know if you're still having this problem, but I struggled with it a lot. Yes, you have to install it with ModMan, but make sure you have completely uninstalled FC2, deleted its folder, and reinstalled it. Otherwise the files you originally replaced may not get deleted, or the installer won't replace them with the original files. I had to do a complete wipe of all traces of FC2, then reinstall it, and using ModMan it's now working splendidly for me.

Cheers, and good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I'm loving this model, but I'm confused. In all the screenshots, the variable intakes are, well, variable. But when I fly, my intakes are in the up position 100% of the time and never move as they should, whereas the AI's will vary according to speed/AoA, etc. Did something go wrong with my installation?

very nice, I was thinking of including mine too:

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/3w1_7D3zC2qBdYGytrYTmw?feat=directlink

My System Specs:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit O.S.

Asus P5E Motherboard

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz CPU

Kingston HyperX 1066MHz DDR2 8GB RAM

Sapphire ATI Radeon HD5770 1GB Catalyst Ver:10.6 Video Card

Multi-Monitor setup 1 Acer 22" LCD + 1 Dell 17" LCD

60 second benchmark with Fraps: 24.3fps

Game quality settings all maxed out, runs like a dream! :thumbup:

• 3 months later...