1:500000 printable DCS/FC2.0 Tactical Chart (WIP)

igormk

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

File mirrored:

LINK

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

hi!

..although i won't be able to buy it from you (even if i want to support you) thank you so much for this..

Just one question..large scale printing is not that expensive here in the Philippines because there's so many of them here..In What dimension should I tell the printer guy for this? Im not sure if you have posted it though.

thanks!

• ED Team
hi!

..although i won't be able to buy it from you (even if i want to support you) thank you so much for this..

Just one question..large scale printing is not that expensive here in the Philippines because there's so many of them here..In What dimension should I tell the printer guy for this? Im not sure if you have posted it though.

thanks!

The total size is 1050mm x 1400mm

Having problems? Visit http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Main_Page

Dell Laptop M1730 -Vista- Intel Core 2 Duo T7500@2.2GHz, 4GB, Nvidia 8700MGT 767MB

Intel i7 975 Extreme 3.2GHZ CPU, NVidia GTX 570 1.28Gb Pcie Graphics.

hi!

thanks!

in inches>>>>>>> 41.34 X 55.11 inches

AMD 965BE at 3.8 Ghz

Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P

Crossfire XFX 5870XXX

8 gigs of Crucial DDR3

Corsair 850HX

Windows 7

Wouldn't it be better to tell them the output resolution?

If you print it at 300 dpi then you get the exact right dimensions.

Core i5-760 @ 3.6Ghz, 4GB DDR3, Geforce GTX470, Samsung SATA HDD, Dell UH2311H 1920x1080, Saitek X52 Pro., FreeTrack homemade cap w/ LifeCam VX-1000, Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1.

FreeTrack in DCS A10C (64bit): samttheeagle's headtracker.dll

The first post is updated with the most important links, so you don’t have to look around if you need to find something.

Once again I want to thank you all for supporting this project, respect to the TFC/ED for standing behind it, and special thanks to JimMack because he is the man responsible for the availability of the printed version of the map.

S!

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks a bunch :thumbup:

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.

I get a "permission denied" screen for the download?

[url=http://www.aef-hq.com.au/aef4/forumdisplay.php?262-Digital-Combat-Simulator][SIGPIC]http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/2500/a10161sqnsignitureedite.png[/SIGPIC][/url]

Look at this beauty ;)

Thanks Igormk :thumbup:

map.jpg

Edited by TheMoose

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • ED Team

A lot of you have now bought this map.

Please give advice if you have laminated.

Was my advice adequate or have you discovered a better technique?

For multiplayer communities this map is a must have!

Dell Laptop M1730 -Vista- Intel Core 2 Duo T7500@2.2GHz, 4GB, Nvidia 8700MGT 767MB

I' like to see how does it look laminated... I see it looks nice on wall ^^

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

I will post pics once my project is done, but my plan is to cut the map into squares along the current folds. Then have each "tile" laminated and mounted into a three-ring binder. The tiles could then be navigated "Mapsco" style (ie. pg 1-4 is a quadrant, and so on). OR, ideally, I will store the tiles as a library and then just pull the tiles I need for a specific mission, eg. Moonshield on 104th.

That way I can use the laminated tiles as in-flight charts.

So I might order a second map for the wall, just because it looks so beautiful as a whole. But I might wait to see if this project is updated post- DCS:A10. :D

For now, I've exported the PNG to PDF (huge file) and loaded that into my iPad. I use my iPad as an ultra-high-tech kneepad at the moment. If data were passed to the ipad for centering and flight-following that would be neat. But as it stands the iPad and a high detail pdf make for a beautiful tactical aid.

Really, excellent work on this map. I love being able to navigate by roads and powerlines and tracks now. You guys really improved the immersion with this one!

This can be done if you can write an app for the iPad ;)

Network connection via LUA to your iPad and you get a moving map.

For now, I've exported the PNG to PDF (huge file) and loaded that into my iPad. I use my iPad as an ultra-high-tech kneepad at the moment. If data were passed to the ipad for centering and flight-following that would be neat. But as it stands the iPad and a high detail pdf make for a beautiful tactical aid.

Really, excellent work on this map. I love being able to navigate by roads and powerlines and tracks now. You guys really improved the immersion with this one!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

• 1 month later...
  • ED Team

I would be interested on any feedback from those who have bought the Tactical Map, and how you were able to apply a lamination.

I would be interested on any feedback from those who have bought the Tactical Map, and how you were able to apply a lamination.

I took a trip to my local "Fedex/Kinko's" and was able to have the map laminated at a fair price. I have another map on order (don't know if I will laminate this one).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

• ED Team
I took a trip to my local "Fedex/Kinko's" and was able to have the map laminated at a fair price. I have another map on order (don't know if I will laminate this one).

That is useful to know. Do you mind letting us know how much you were charged for laminating?

I laminated mine myself (http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=936955&postcount=62), but a friend took his to graphic material store (which also sells self adhesive transparent foils), and they laminated it for 10,5Euro.

Nice work with the DIY project!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

• 1 month later...

Are there plans to extend the Tactical Map/Card for the DCS:A-10 caucasus map include Tiflis and environment like an "DCS TC-2" or DCS TC-1.5"?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

360th TFW Falconeers

last video ->

ASUS P6X58D Premium, Intel Core i7 920, 6GB DDR3, SAPPHIRE TOXIC HD 5850, Win7 64 Bit. X52, Track IR 4, Momo Racing.

ArmA1+2+3, DCS: World, K-50, A-10C, CA, P-51D, UH-1H, Mi-8FC1+2+3, FalconAF, FC1+FC2, IL2'46, rFactor.