Flaming Cliff activation

Fabrix7777

I recently bought the Flaming Cliffs expansion through amazon, brand new with plastic around, but i cannot find the serial number to activate it with the stupid starforce protections. What do i have to do to activate it? I'm starting to think I wasted my money. Please give me some ideas.

Yeah you are right, i'm on windows 7 but i had installed that starforce patch already.

Still when i try to launch the game starforce protection kicks in asking for a serial number.

Same here friend, that is why I'm dual booting into XP untill I can sort it out.

You may find this thread of some use: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=50846

Good luck.

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

Same here friend, that is why I'm dual booting into XP untill I can sort it out.

You may find this thread of some use: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=50846

Good luck.

Well, i tried everything that is written in the other thread that you kindly linked me to. No joy. I guess i will have to dual boot too. What a pain in the ass though. Thanks for helping me out anyway.

I think I had one of the borked CD's and could not get it to work in Vista64. The LOMAC v1.0 worked fine but FC would not. So I switched to the download version (download here http://lockon.co.uk/index.php?lang=en for $15.00) and no problems since (fingers crossed).

It might be an alternative if nothing else works.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

try taking the cd out of the computer and then trying to run the game by clicking on the desktop link. I have win 7 64 bit with no problems and so do many others.

I tryed that too but no luck, same activation window pop up.

I think I had one of the borked CD's and could not get it to work in Vista64. The LOMAC v1.0 worked fine but FC would not. So I switched to the download version (download here http://lockon.co.uk/index.php?lang=en for $15.00) and no problems since (fingers crossed).

It might be an alternative if nothing else works.

Yeah that has been the mistake i've done in the first place, not buying it from that site. Cause once you pay they give you that freaking Serial Number you need for activation. But now i already payed for it and i don't want to spend more money to send it back and re-buying it again. I'll try and see if it works on a xp partition i'll make, if it doesn't i will surely to send it back.

Really frustrated now though. This starforce crap is bull. I will adjourn you on any progress or regress.

P.S. When i update the starforce drivers i get the pop up window saying that now they are up to date but if i go inside the folder they are and click on properties(protect.dll) they still show the old version they had b4 i applied the patch , 3.06 or something. Just another weird thing.

P.P.S. From what do i understand if it's the evolve game version or not?

Edited by Fabrix7777

Important question: have you retained proof of purchase? (Receipt etc) As long as that exists I'm sure a solution can be found if there's faulty media or lacking serials.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Important question: have you retained proof of purchase? (Receipt etc) As long as that exists I'm sure a solution can be found if there's faulty media or lacking serials.

Oh yes, as i said i bought it on amazon so i have all the info of my payment. I was checking the store i got it from and they give a 30 day total refund so i guess that if it comes to worse i will only lose the expeditions charges.

Are you sure you downloaded the right patch?

There's 3 different patches for the English version of Flaming Cliffs as you can see here:

Patches.png

If it's Lockon Gold from EVOLVED then you need to pick the third (bottom) one.

Wow! You really opened my eyes. I don't have the gold version, just normal one but because i thought that those downloads where good only for gold except the middle one (which is only good for web downld version) I applied the wrong patch from the 1th time. Now, reading better, I noticed that the 1th is good for gold us version AND cd installed version. Re run the patch without even uninstalling the wrong one, updated starforce check, rebooted and voila', the game started with no problem.

Well what can i say, sorry if i wasted a bit of your time but without your help i don't think i would have been able to solve this. I thought the patch was good so never bother to check it again. How wrong.

Thank you all so much for your help, hope i'll see you in the sky sometimes.

Uhm.. 1 last thing, why my ubi.com doesn't work. It says The client is incompatible with the server. Do you guys have a link to update this? Is still working in the 1th place? I mean when you play on line you do it through ubi.com or something else?

Edited by Fabrix7777

Note that FC is an unofficial addon. It is not an Ubisoft product.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester