Win7 64, MS FF2 force settings?

I have migrated to Win7 64 Ultimate from XP Pro because I upgraded my PC. Now I have some troubles with my MS FF2 when flying Black Shark.

I was very happy with how it performed in XP.

Win 7 will not let me install the FF2 drivers from CD. It recognises the stick, but in BS the force is at maximum and the helicopter is impossible to fly smoothly as it was before.

I know there are some FF settings to adjust in the setup area, but I`m not sure how to use them. I would be very happy if someone that uses MS FF2 could chime in and share how they fix this in Win7 64.

Thanks.

Viking

Have you tried downloading the latest drivers from microsoft, instead of installing the drivers from the CD, which are most probably ancient.

That would be my best bet.

Hope this helps :)

No I haven`t.

I thought I read somewhere that they were not available,especially not for Win7. I`ll do a new search anyway.

I hope someone from ED can point me to the right drivers as I believe many uses this stick in BS.

Thanks DarkEagle.:thumbup:

No I haven`t.

I thought I read somewhere that they were not available,especially not for Win7.

I don't believe it's possible to get the Sidewinder drivers to work for anything after XP, and there are no updated ones that I've come across. Even after XP SP2 the drivers have to be installed/configured in safe mode.

However, the controller setup in BS is very good, can map hatswitches as keystrokes etc, and the FFB level can be set under axis config area.