Flaming Cliffs 2 Flight Model

I have not had much time to really evaluate Flaming Cliffs 2, plus I have the Russian version which makes it more difficult. One thing that I noticed right away is how much more accurate the flight model seems. Where you will realize it the most is in formation flying. I cannot believe how well you can fly formation in FC2. It's almost like real life , yes its that good. I tucked right into fingertip, trail no problem, formation landings no problem. I have just started evaluating FC2 and I'm sure people will find problems, but so far I think this is the best PC flight sim ever produced.

Burner

I have not had much time to really evaluate Flaming Cliffs 2, plus I have the Russian version which makes it more difficult. One thing that I noticed right away is how much more accurate the flight model seems. Where you will realize it the most is in formation flying. I cannot believe how well you can fly formation in FC2. It's almost like real life , yes its that good. I tucked right into fingertip, trail no problem, formation landings no problem. I have just started evaluating FC2 and I'm sure people will find problems, but so far I think this is the best PC flight sim ever produced.

Burner

Which plane are you flying? I would be interested to know how the SFM aircraft differ from FC1.

Thanks

Aero

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

:thumbup: sounds promising! :megalol:

How about some nice screenshots?

How is the sound?

sorry to much questions.....:smartass:

|AMD 7800x3D | 64GB DDR5-3600| GTX 4090 | Virpil Stick, Collectiv, WW MIP, WW Throttle, MFG Crosswind V2 | Windows 11 64-bit | SSD Samsung | 4K LG Oled 48 | Oculus Q3 | Simlab based Cockpit

The formation flying was with the SU27. The problem I'm having is getting the manual trim working which you really need to be in trim for good formation work. There may be some sort of auto trim going on , I'm not sure. I don't like auto trim but thats my problem. I think the

Eagle has auto trim in RL. Again I have only used the Sim for a couple of hours.

Even without manual trim the formation flying was fantastic you can really sense there is a lot more precision in the flight model calculations in formation. Another thing I noticed was the sensation of speed on the deck is much more realistic. PC flight sims have always seemed slower on the deck than it should be, you just don't get the sensation of things rushing up at you. In that respect FC2 has done a better job of translating the low level speed sensation. Overall sounds are a lot better. The balistics seem better too. I ripped the wing off my wingman with guns, he was screeming "I'm hit I'm hit" as he spiraled down. heheh. The formation flying is fantastic!

I've spent some time now flying the SU27 and F15, flight model is definitely improved!!! Its been a while since I flew but slow flight in the SU seems noticeably more controllable. I love the changes so far!!!

Im starting to get used to the "natural head movement" too.... LOL

• 3 weeks later...

I don't want to open another thread for it, so if you don't mind, I'd mention FM issues here.

Flying the MiG-29 in Fc2 is a great experience, as its turn and climb rates are more realistic than it was before. Only one thing we (59th VAB) are not sure about - that the MiG should have such potence in sustaining travel speed with 65% RPM (minimal thrust). I pull back the throttle, and practically nothing happens at about 500kph or less. Landing is quite a challange, not to touch down in the next airfield...

According to pilots, this should not be correct - "when you pull back the throttle it feels like you will knock the instruments out of the plane"

In an RSBN glidepath, with flaps/gear down, (~50%fuel)and sliding in with 330, 65-67% RPM and NO deceleration... In FC1, it was much closer to realistic. Glide in with 30-320, touchdown 260-270. Now with 240kph I can glide with zero vertical velocity to the middle of a 3km long airfield.

I know, MiG is a rocket, but not at 65RPM. This should be corrected somehow...

[sIGPIC]http://www.forum.lockon.ru/signaturepics/sigpic5279_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

I could shot down a Kitchen :smartass:

I second Lefty, this was one of the first things I noticed. On my first FC2 landing in the mig, I was doing everything that I was doing in FC1, a plain visual landing. I was on close final when I noticed that my engines were on idle, and the speed was still 350+... while it should have been 300 max.

One other thing, I used to climb to angels 7 and from then on cruise at 88-90% rpm. That was okey, I could do turns with up to 35/40 degrees of bank, without losing too much airspeed. Now though, the mig seems to be losing more speed, and I have to throttle up a bit to sustain controlled flight...

Flaps drag is broken in fc2 and will be fixed. Its a known bug.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Flaps drag is broken in fc2 and will be fixed. Its a known bug.

Does this bug affect any of the other planes or only on the MiG-29?

So far I've focused on the Warthog (where flaps "seems" to add drag - it sure add lift - but I'm not an expert) and pondering what plane to train on next...

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

There are indeed a few issues with some other planes, though I don't know all details. For example the low-speed characteristics of the Eagle. I think I read something about a flaps issue as well in a thread somewhere around this section, but I don't have the details. It will be fixed, though, as far as I know.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Does this bug affect any of the other planes or only on the MiG-29?

So far I've focused on the Warthog (where flaps "seems" to add drag - it sure add lift - but I'm not an expert) and pondering what plane to train on next...

/KC

Flaps will add drag, that's normal. They do give you more lift, allowing you to fly slower. You will find that your power settings to land are actually quite high, you are flying slow (thanks to flaps giving you more lift) but you need a lot of power to offset the drag of gear and flaps.

3Sqn - Largest distributor of Flanker, Fulcrum and Frogfoot parts in the Black Sea Region