Formation Demo on Youtube

Burnerski

This is a real quick and dirty formation demo I recorded. It's not much plus I'm real rusty, but I think you can see the precision of the flight model. It's much better than FC1.12. I'd like to do a better one but I just don't have the time right now .The flight model is good enough that if the networking is smooth, I think you will see a Blue Angels type Demo with four pilots . Air refueling will be a piece of cake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvyPWUD1jL4

• Like 1

I think FC 1.12 was already very good for formation flying (

). I'm curious what the differences will be. Through the trained eye (looking at your video) there doesn't seem to be that much difference. Can't wait to try it myself though. Thanks for making this little movie (and damn you got a nice setup there :D).

Forum | Videos | DCS:BS Demo1 / Demo2 | YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Even if you are real good, in RL I would never let you fly that close to my wing :lol::lol::lol::lol:

:thumbup:

Nice Video!

McDan out

|AMD 7800x3D | 64GB DDR5-3600| GTX 4090 | Virpil Stick, Collectiv, WW MIP, WW Throttle, MFG Crosswind V2 | Windows 11 64-bit | SSD Samsung | 4K LG Oled 48 | Oculus Q3 | Simlab based Cockpit

Agreed FC 1.12 has been very good for what we do! :D

P.S. There's been a Virtual Blue Angels around since 2004. ;)

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

Formation is a lot easier with FC2.0 compared to FC1.12. Your gonna really like FC2.0.

We shall see. :smilewink:

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

• 2 weeks later...
The flight model is good enough that if the networking is smooth, I think you will see a Blue Angels type Demo with four pilots.

I somehow missed this topic at first, but that quote made me laugh a little!:megalol:

The VBA did just fine in 1.12 with 6 jets, so I don't think they'll downgrade to 4 jets in FC2. :smilewink:

Nice screen setup though.

[sigpic]http://www.virtualthunderbirds.com/Signatures/sig_LD.jpg[/sigpic]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |

I somehow missed this topic at first, but that quote made me laugh a little!:megalol:

The VBA did just fine in 1.12 with 6 jets, so I don't think they'll downgrade to 4 jets in FC2. :smilewink:

Nice screen setup though.

Go TB Go..

Love what you guys had taught me..in formation flying..great stuff soon to be back with you guys!!!!!

:pilotfly::joystick::thumbup:

Formation is a lot easier with FC2.0 compared to FC1.12. Your gonna really like FC2.0.

I'd love to try this as I have the hardware, (see sig) but just put off trying to sort out the config in the .lua. Read people having trouble getting setup.

Can you give me more of an idea of the setup required.

Both really good videos by the way.

i9 9900x at 5.1 Ghz // ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula EK Bloc // 64Gb Corsair Vengence 3600Mhz DDR4 Ram // Gigabyte Aorus 3090 Watercooled block//Samsung SM951 M2 x4 SSD // Windows 10 64 Bit //48inch LG48 @ 3840x2160 120Hz//Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ 3440 x 14440 144Hz // TM Warthog HOTAS (Ser. No. 00836) //MFG Crosswind Pedals // TrackIR 5 //Varjo Aero

An old pilot is one who remembers when flying was dangerous and sex was safe.