FPS Tweaks/MODs

A.S

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also changing this value to 1000 won't affect anything afaik.

I have mine set at 20000 but don't see any FPS improvements, but I could be wrong.

put 40-50 ground units on the ground . fly away till you think, you shouldnt see them in detail anymore (like 4-6km) ...use 5000m as value...close to them and watch your obj fps counter ...then do same with standart settings.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

2.0 seems to do alot things via lua, meaning, we know there are no new pyhsic engines or flightmodels, but yet lua "manages" to interact and give you the impression that your controls are different. (see x52lua etc) ....basically it works like an "overlay" additional controler.

Now, how much bandwith takes that (usb - mobo ) and i noticed conflicts with saitek profiles (your profiler stops responding, buttons dont work suddenly...in few cases as noticed by some.)

Anyone noticed that too?

If that is true, that would mean to assign keys ingame rather then using keyboardemulations=?

Edited by A.S

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

2.0 seems to do alot things via lua, meaning, we know there are no new pyhsic engines or flightmodels, but yet lua "manages" to interact and give you the impression that your controls are different. (see x52lua etc) ....basically it works like an "overlay" additional controler.

Now, how much bandwith takes that (usb - mobo ) and i noticed conflicts with saitek profiles (your profiler stops responding, buttons dont work suddenly...in few cases as noticed by some.)

Anyone noticed that too?

If that is true, that would mean to assign keys ingame rather then using keyboardemulations=?

I use only keyboard from joystick/throttle.

I havent changed even 1 key ingame

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

the sudden stop of joystick inputs have been reported now in several cases.

except axes..they still do work.

suprisingly running in on not-fullscreen seems to fix it for the most times

ergo: effect>result>reason

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've had happen to me once also where game would still be working and controls (axis) are working but all key commands stopped working... I could not even press ESC and had to alt-tab to get the game shut down through task manager

No longer active in DCS...

I don't use Saitek profiles for BS, same applies for FC2. I strongly recommend it.

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

I've had happen to me once also where game would still be working and controls (axis) are working but all key commands stopped working... I could not even press ESC and had to alt-tab to get the game shut down through task manager

i think this might be related to an old stuck-in-chat bug, but im not sure.

When this happens next time, try:

ENTER

TILDE

ENTER

please let me know if it makes a difference, then I could report it as a bug

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

I don't use Saitek profiles for BS, same applies for FC2. I strongly recommend it.

I remember you saying this long time ago, just yesterday i told fusion that you mentioned that once ..but why?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I changed the settings you posted Yoda, very nice and playeble now.

I also noticed, with the unconfiguered file's, the in cockpit view was stuttering. If i looked sideway trough the cockpit window the terrain was also stuttering. I always use Vsync wich must be forced trough the NVCP.

When i was changeing the parameters i noticed the min fps was at 0. Changeing it to 60 solved the stuttering.

Hey guys.

I had a minor problem with Yoda's ModelLOD.txt tweak:

ScreenShot_001.jpg and

ScreenShot_002.jpg

I had a look at the text file again and noticed that there are 2 sets of values for each object and that with Yoda's figure of 5000 interfered with the lod of some of the vehicles as it changed the second value to either the same value of the first or smaller.

I have changed this and made the first value smaller than the second (1000 and 5000 respectively) and this has solved the issue.

Attached is my the file I edited and you add replace yours with this if you have the same issue's!

Route Out

Hey guys.

I had a minor problem with Yoda's ModelLOD.txt tweak:

I had a look at the text file again and noticed that there are 2 sets of values for each object and that with Yoda's figure of 5000 interfered with the lod of some of the vehicles as it changed the second value to either the same value of the first or smaller.

I have changed this and made the first value smaller than the second (1000 and 5000 respectively) and this has solved the issue.

Attached is my the file I edited and you add replace yours with this if you have the same issue's!

Route Out

Many thanks Route!

But i think you forgto to attach the file hehe,

I would really like to use your fix though!

Graphics.cfg do not work with visibility range ( custom name ) if you don't enable it from the option.lua ( i prefer add a profile than change one ) :)

Edited by theGozr

Fly it like you stole it..

Any tweaks for damn clouds???

In mission without clouds i can fly without problems but if i see only one cloud my fps is down. When i fly near clouds my fps is 1-2, without cluds i have 30-40fps.

Im use training mission "SU33 air to air weapon practice" and without changes. On takeoff i have 32fps, but when i go up and closer to clouds my fps is 1. Im edit map and remove clouds, then im flying without problems with fps 36-40 in clear sky.

All my setings is LOW.

• Like 1

NOUS DEFIONS

Editin' modellod.txt it's possible fps tweak in one case but it's possible cheat in other case.

My opinion what this file must be the same in everyobe in the server.

if stock values is crap we need find out correct value and make this file avalible for all, or tell ED make mini patch (=