FPS Tweaks/MODs

A.S

Hi,

Nice tweak! Indeed it gives a realistic ditstant feel. I think it is more a mod than a tweak is it? It gives more atmosphere but the gain in fps is minimal right? Although I seem to gain a few frames (more testing later on).

However, still the Lomac series continues to confuse and frustrate me regarding tweaking.

Just to add a oneliner to make clear what I want. 'Lowering the amount of buildings/trees without affecting it's visibility'. Then, afterwards, makes those few buildings/trees seen from far out.

I Also read the black shark tweak guide. But there are still things that just don't seem right about it. I did post the following at another topic I created http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=51725. I thought this could be better place here, so...

... Frazers tweak guide for KA-50 says that with structures the first number is for popup for small buildings, while te second is for popup for larger buildings. When I put one or the other at zero, there is no building at all. So there seems to be a relationship between them what makes it hard to understand.

It also says that dynamic means factories, cranes...etc. Well, I put both numbers at zero and I still get to see them. So the cranes, factories are included with the structures(I put mirage at zero as well, so that must be the conclusion).

The same for mirage. While it says that it is for civilian activity. When putting both numbers at zero. I still get to see them. So this also is included in the structures (I put dynamic at zero as well, so that must be the conclusion).

Maybe at has changed with FC2 in comparison with Blakshark? But I remember FC1 and Lomac to be just as vague to me.

I get rather demotivated because it seems that there just isn't an easy and clear way to tweak Lomac (FC2).

I don't want much scenery. But I just want those damn trees and I want a few buildings. And I want both of them seen from far out, no popups. It is frustrating that I just can't shoose what I want to see. For instance, a few main buildings, few trees, seen from 15 km. I would like to thin out the scenery files and step up the visibility.

A clear and expanded preference screen for visuals would be just the thing FC2 need. There would be no guessing with obscure numbers at the graphic.cfg or the lua files. And anybody with any system could play FC2 at an enjoyable level. Maybe an idea?

However, if someone knows how to achieve all the above, please tell me! Thanks.

Wiwa

I relate ........

Btw, Modman used to control everything graphics wise, from what i recall.... if one decided to experiment with the settings to find the best combination for their system and personal preference i would be better to dedicate that time through that modman tool. Or try various profiles made by others to speed up things . Dont know if theres a modman release that does the same for FC2 ....

i7 880 | HD 7870 | 8 Gb DDR3 1600 | ECS P55H-A | OCZ Vertex 2 180 | Intel 330 180 | WD 500 AAKS | 2x WD 2T Green | Enermax Liberty 620 | CH Combatstick & Throttle | TrackIR 3 | HP ZR24W | Windows 7 x64

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the text quoted above from graphics.cfg shows 3 times, where do I put it? LOW, MED or HIGH?

ANd how come the game looks better with lower numbers?

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

the text quoted above from graphics.cfg shows 3 times, where do I put it? LOW, MED or HIGH?

ANd how come the game looks better with lower numbers?

I have the same dilemma lol.

Not sure what to do with that first set of changes, low, med, high, all of em?

???

thanks.

Dont let the smell get to ya...............

Put it on whatever you chose in the options. Or you can find out what your choice in the graphic.cfg. If you chose Medium in the options, it should say:

Camera

{

current = "Medium";

So make the change to Medium.

i guess mayb they apply to the scene setting you have choosen from the game graphics panel, it sould probably say something like "current=medium" or "current=high" a line before the groups of "low", "medium", "high"

i7 880 | HD 7870 | 8 Gb DDR3 1600 | ECS P55H-A | OCZ Vertex 2 180 | Intel 330 180 | WD 500 AAKS | 2x WD 2T Green | Enermax Liberty 620 | CH Combatstick & Throttle | TrackIR 3 | HP ZR24W | Windows 7 x64

Put it on whatever you chose in the options. Or you can find out what your choice in the graphic.cfg. If you chose Medium in the options, it should say:

Camera

{

current = "Medium";

So make the change to Medium.

Thank You, that makes sense. :)

Dont let the smell get to ya...............

Onb Win 7 / vista the settings are not stored in the Graphics.cfg. Some settings in there are used (like the values for trees ext). however the actual used setting (ie current = "Medium";) is stored unser My Documents\User\................... (can't remember the full path)

Change a setting in game options. Then do a search for modified files for todays date to find the path / file

---------

System: i7-8700k @ 4.9GHz; Nvidia RTX 2080ti; 32GB (2 x 16) DDR4 @ 3333Mz Ram; ASUS ROG Strix z370-E; SSD Drive; Oculus Rift-S; Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog

strange thing is, i initially without knowing i added the tweaked lines to the "high" scene section , i didn't notice there were three such sections, while though i am always on Medium in FC2 options panel, and still the tweaks were applied in game ...... can confirm that ?

Are you tried which of the modes from Lockon-FC 1.12b can be installed in FC2?

for example:

3D-Model+U.S.S.+Theodore+Roosevelt

all_afterburn_enhancements

B-8M1_V2.0_for_all

Canopy without Scratches

Cockpit Lines PACK for the A-10A_F-15C_Su-27_Su-33_MiG-29A&G

Cockpit_URSS_Blue_Suit_and_Maps_V3

DirtyDecksV1-1

F15_Smooth_Canopy_Frame_2.0

F15-ConformalFuelTanks

FEB 2405 F15 Cockpit Mod ARCHER

High-Contrast Canopy Lift Lines

JAN1010 Ricardo HDcockpits

MiG29 MFD upgrade v1.5

MiG-29C Deep Camouflage 2

New MiG-29 Su-27 Su-33 Cockpit patch

PC-Amliore-V2.1-Bleu-Orange

SEP 2907 MK82 bombSNAKE EYE MODEL MJ

SmokeWinder.rar

SorbtsiyaECMpod

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Everything is possible ...

for example:

B-8M1_V2.0_for_all

Canopy without Scratches

DirtyDecksV1-1

F15-ConformalFuelTanks

MiG29 MFD upgrade v1.5

SmokeWinder.rar

SorbtsiyaECMpod

all_afterburn_enhancements <----- Doubt this will work as the RVE Gas burner Blue afterburner doesn't

B-8M1_V2.0_for_all

Canopy without Scratches

Cockpit_URSS_Blue_Suit_and_Maps_V3 <---- This may work as Ricardo's does. (His also has much nicer legs.

DirtyDecksV1-1

F15_Smooth_Canopy_Frame_2.0 <----- I Believe this works. Ask 104th_Crunch

F15-ConformalFuelTanks <---- This Works

JAN1010 Ricardo HDcockpits <---- Confirmed Works

MiG29 MFD upgrade v1.5 <-----Should work as Ricardos Works.

PC-Amliore-V2.1-Bleu-Orange <-----Afterburners...? Again, Doubt it

SmokeWinder.rar <---- Excuse Me.....?

SorbtsiyaECMpod

I'm sorry, I have trouble with FPS, I tried all, overcloked the gpu, enhanced the ram bus width, tweaked the lua files as described in thi post...

maybe the problem is tha my GeForce 8400M GS (upgraded to GeForce 8600M GS) has got 128 MB of dedicated RAM, 1GB turbocache. When I purchased FC2 i thought that turbocache was ok, but maybe it's the problem.

How can i tweak the quality settings files to achieve a good fps performance, even with 128MB?

thanks

I'm sorry, I have trouble with FPS, I tried all, overcloked the gpu, enhanced the ram bus width, tweaked the lua files as described in thi post...

maybe the problem is tha my GeForce 8400M GS (upgraded to GeForce 8600M GS) has got 128 MB of dedicated RAM, 1GB turbocache. When I purchased FC2 i thought that turbocache was ok, but maybe it's the problem.

How can i tweak the quality settings files to achieve a good fps performance, even with 128MB?

thanks

Dude, http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=52105

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

• 2 weeks later...
I changed the settings you posted Yoda, very nice and playeble now.

I also noticed, with the unconfiguered file's, the in cockpit view was stuttering. If i looked sideway trough the cockpit window the terrain was also stuttering. I always use Vsync wich must be forced trough the NVCP.

When i was changeing the parameters i noticed the min fps was at 0. Changeing it to 60 solved the stuttering.

You mean maybe maxFPS ? is there a minFPS setting?

for example:

B-8M1_V2.0_for_all

Canopy without Scratches

DirtyDecksV1-1

F15-ConformalFuelTanks

MiG29 MFD upgrade v1.5

SmokeWinder.rar

SorbtsiyaECMpod

theres is a list like that which is being updated at lockonfiles.com

Guys, can someone put up the default ED Bazar/ModelLOD.txt file? I'm using 104_route's file and I think it may be causing some skin problems.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus G72GX | CPU: Core 2 Duo Overclocked @ 2.9Ghz | Memory 6GB DDR2 | Graphics Card: nVidia GTX 260m 1GB | OS: Windows 7 Home Premium | Monitor: Samsung 32" LCD

LOMAC 1.0 to FC 1.12 System RIP (2003-2010) | AMD Athlon 64 3000+ overclocked to 2565MHz | NVidia Geforce 7800 GS AGP 256 MB | 1GB Kingston PC2700 DDR DRAM | Windows 2000 with SP4

Hi people,

Perhaps some of you may have heard about D3D Overrider, a little tool that comes with RivaTuner. It is capable of activating triple buffering for DX games (nvidia and ATI panels only do this for OpenGL games).

Well, for me, this little gem is responsible for 10~15 fps gain!!

Right now, I'm running a Q6600 @ 3Ghz on an old D975XBX "badaxe", WinXp 3Gb RAM, 9800GTX+ 512Mb, driver 197.13, everything on high (except shadows that I keep at all planar), blur on, traffic on, vsync on, forcing 4xS combined AA and 16xAF thru nHancer, and I'm having 40+ ~ 50+ fps 90% of the time, and during hot combat over cities dropping around 30+ fps. The mission that I use for benchmark is the "visit to port".

I was about to purchase a new card (5850 1Gb), but now I'm happy! :)

Hope this helps someone else. :pilotfly:

Cheers

JoKeR

Edited by joker68

Hi people,

Perhaps some of you may have heard about D3D Overrider, a little tool that comes with RivaTuner. It is capable of activating triple buffering for DX games (nvidia and ATI panels only do this for OpenGL games).

Well, for me, this little gem is responsible for 10~15 fps gain!!

such bull... :music_whistling:

All D3DOverrider does is force V-sync when for example it can't work in Vista and Windows7... there is absolutely no performance gain :book:

No longer active in DCS...

Just tested that for myself. Setup a benchmark track and used fraps to compile a 105 second avg.

No D3D Override: 37.076 fps

With D3D Override: 36.952 fps

Since trying that out though, I wonder if anyone has a good benchmark track to use? -- Something that stresses a number of areas in one go, something we can all use as a de-facto standard, so our numbers are objective.

Yes, it does force vsync (if you want to), but it also allows the triple buffering for DX (the main reason why I used it). For my old card, I've gained that much (I always use vsync, because I don't like tearing). Didn't tried without vsync, but I guess it would be better in terms of FPS.

Before D3D, inside cockpit, going to port, I had 30 fps, now I have 45 in the same track. Maybe it doesn't make such a difference for more powerful cards? I don't remember changing anything else on nHancer or into the game.

Also, I'm just using the "Global" profile. Trying to create a profile for simulator.exe resulted in micro stutter for me.