FPS Tweaks/MODs

A.S

Yah Hannibal, I've heard some folks got a good performance boost from this conversion (can't try it myself since this POS Dell doesn't support BIOS-level AHCI). But others hardly at all so YMMV...

But anyway, here's a good set of instructions for AHCI activation / conversion in WinXP:

http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=444831

Please be careful if you try this out however, because you'll end up with an unbootable system if you make a mistake!

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Using lockon graphics.cfg successully to resolve low fps in fc2

Hi,

on my machine I had lockon run fast enough (> 40fps) but FC2 was miserable (<20) so I copied the relevant portion of lockon graphics.cfg to fc2 graphics.cfg and it brought my fc2 fps to > 40.

Hope this might help a few who might be having similar problems.

• 3 months later...
Hi,

on my machine I had lockon run fast enough (> 40fps) but FC2 was miserable (<20) so I copied the relevant portion of lockon graphics.cfg to fc2 graphics.cfg and it brought my fc2 fps to > 40.

Hope this might help a few who might be having similar problems.

Could you explain us more about it???

• 1 month later...

FYI

In my ASUS bios

I disabled

ACPI 2

(=HPET)

and my load times 1/2ed

windows 7 x64

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi all, I am a newbye to FC2.

I have a high specs computer ( i5@3.8ghz + 8gm dd3 1600mhz + 2 ati radeon hd5850) but sometimes I encounter fps dropps from 60 to 20 fps).

I've tried to modify the graphics.cfg as explined in the alpha BS tweeks but after the modificiation I'ìve made the game didn't start anymore poping up a message with errors (several reboots were useless) so I had to reinstall everything : is that normal???

Thanks for your help!! :)

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

• 4 weeks later...

OK, here's something that keeps me puzzled. Upon installing FC2 I applied these graphics.cfg settings and yes my FPS increased and general in game graphics seemed much realistic than default.

I used default Su-27 quick start mission with landing and taxi to parking area to benchmark FPS with FRAPS and my average was 37.

Lately I noticed that my mission loading times increased, time from hitting the FLY button and transition to cockpit takes more than usual.

My graphics.cfg settings are exact as in the link above and my in game graphics settings in options are set to scenery=high, textures=high but when I open Graphics.cfg there this:

Camera

{

current = "Medium";

Low

{

near_clip = 0.2;

middle_clip = 5;

far_clip = 140000;

structures = {30, 2000};

trees = {1000, 3000};

dynamic = {300, 20000};

objects = {3000, 80000};

mirage = {3000, 20000};

surface = {10000, 50000};

lights = {50, 10000};

lodMult = 1;

lodAdd = 100;

}

Medium

{

near_clip = 0.2;

middle_clip = 5;

far_clip = 140000;

structures = {40, 4000};

trees = {1000, 6000};

dynamic = {300, 20000};

objects = {3000, 80000};

mirage = {3000, 20000};

surface = {14000, 80000};

lights = {100, 30000};

lodMult = 1.5;

lodAdd = 0;

}

High

{

near_clip = 0.2;

middle_clip = 3;

far_clip = 60000;

structures = {30, 3000};

trees = {1000, 6000};

dynamic = {300, 20000};

objects = {3000, 80000};

mirage = {3000, 20000};

surface = {5000, 15000};

lights = {100, 30000};

lodMult = 0.85;

lodAdd = 0;

}

}

ShadowLevel = 1;

LightsLevel = 0;

MirrorsLevel = 0;

TextureLevel = 2;

WaterQuality = 0;

FogQuality = 1;

SceneFile = "medium";

TextureCollections

Shouldn't the lines Current="medium" and SceneFile="medium" (that I wrote in red letters) both read "High" in order to use high settings (lines in green) I've edited?

I've set scenery to high in game options-graphics menu but SceneFile in graphics.cfg still reads Medium?

Edited by Vekkinho

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As you can see, servergraphichs.cfg contains far less configuration lines as graphics.cfg (both files are in config folder). Like the word says, servergraphics.cfg is used by servers and forces the client to use the same.

graphics_bs.cfg also has this name for a reason.....it is used by BlackShark.

So, use graphics.cfg and options.lua to tweak FC2. If you find similar settings in Options.lua and graphics.lua, the options.lua will be used.

I would like to bring some light here. I have been reading the tweak guide. After reading, I tried to change the parameters described... no results. After looking around, I realiced that FC2, at least mine, was not useing those files: it wasn't useing the described .lua or graphics files described... not the ones located at the usual paths in the programs files folders. Instead of that, my FC2 installation, done under an username with administrative rights under win7 64 bits, is useing the config files located under C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Eagle Dynamics

It seems the installation created this directory.

The program uses the config files under PROGRAM FILES directory ONLY if you specifically run FC2 as administrator (right click menu)

Hope this help some people.

Can anyone comment on my previous post please? I had no time to fiddle with it so far with FC2 installed on my home computer and me being away for two more weeks.

I think it is related exacty with my previous post about paths. May be you are looking at the files located in /programs files, but the files being used are in the path I previously described

• 2 months later...

Can I get a relevance check -- do the tweaks herein improve DCS World, or has the engine been changed so much that it doesn't really work anymore?

Thanks.

Win10 x64 | SSDs | i5 2500K @ 4.4 GHz | 16 GB RAM | GTX 970 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pedals | TIR5

• 1 month later...
Can I get a relevance check -- do the tweaks herein improve DCS World, or has the engine been changed so much that it doesn't really work anymore?

Thanks.

it still works....

Intel i5 11700F + H80 | 4x4GB 3200mhz RAM | AORUS ELITE B560M | Samsung 850 PRO SSD 256gb| KINGSTON SA400 480GB SSD | WD 500GB | Gigabyte GTX 1070 8GB | Antec 1200 PSU | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and homemade panels and rudder pedals | 24" Samsung T24C550 @60Hz 2ms | Opentrack 3 led clip

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Diveplane, I installed your options.lua file and it increased my graphis settings from what I already had them set too.

Are the visible options the only thing you changed, or are there hidden .ini tweaks in there as well?

Also, I'm not sure what to do with this thread as a new DCS World user in search of DCS. What tweaks are standard for low end PCs and which work with DCS World?

• 1 month later...
For todays computer, what hardware is the limiting factor for dcs? Cpu speed, number of cores, video card speed or memory?

Where should one spend more to get a performance boost?

CPU it still the major contributing factor for DCS, for some reason I guess it's to hard to move a lot of the graphics to GPU.. so get a i7/970 or higher, and a good GTX580 will run this just fine.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||