y2kiah's A-10C cockpit build

y2kiah

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's a home made 5' x 3' machine of mostly my own design, borrowing several techniques from well-known DIY cnc tutorials online. I still need to make the router mount, and smooth out the motors with some calibration. It's capable of jogging at over 4 inches per second (240 ipm), but it remains to be seen what kind of cutting speed can be achieved without stalling the motors.

Hi y2kiah,

i can see you r using EMC2, i have in the configuration part also using EMC2, and i have some Q please:

what are the setting for XYZ configuration - can you advice?

how can i export files to the g-code format? - is it possible ?

any advice for drawing and cutting panels with EMC2 will be appreciated

Thanks

Avlolga

front panel file

Attached is a dxf of my front panel. You could import this into CamBam or other CAM programs to prepare it for CNC machining. It's not exactly like the real panel at the top, but there is plenty of area to attach the dash and cutouts to run wires through, and that part is hidden anyway. Also note that I removed the insets for the MFD 8.4" screens to make the file less confusing. They can be added back in manually. More files to come soon.

front_panel.zip

• 2 weeks later...

If you don't mind me asking, approximately how much have you spent on this build so far?

Achieving World Peace - One 2000lb JDAM at a time.

Intel i7 9700K, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz , ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 TI OC, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S.

~

Proud Member of the 62nd Fighting Falcons

~

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

thios is going to be sooo good when you finish it i would'nt be suprised if you got offers from some pit building company or rich man to build him a pit. this is possibly the best thing i have ever seen around the net mate. I want to cry just looking at it. truly your are an insperation. Me and Dolimo are thinking of bulding a sim pit together. all the best of luck buddy

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Vipers 406

http://www.vipers406.com/

62nd Fighting Falcons

http://www.62ndfightingfalcons.asn.au/

Jesus is coming, Look busy.

thios is going to be sooo good when you finish it i would'nt be suprised if you got offers from some pit building company or rich man to build him a pit. this is possibly the best thing i have ever seen around the net mate. I want to cry just looking at it. truly your are an insperation. Me and Dolimo are thinking of bulding a sim pit together. all the best of luck buddy

Want to cry? I am crying.

Achieving World Peace - One 2000lb JDAM at a time.

Intel i7 9700K, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz , ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 TI OC, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S.

~

Proud Member of the 62nd Fighting Falcons

~

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

y2kiah's cockpit plans released!

A-10C_Pit_34.pngA-10C_Pit_35.png

• Left side cut layout 4x8
    **Update** this module is fixed using .703" thickness for birch plywood, and .005" spacing

Left Side Module release.jpg

• Front sides cut layout 4x8
    contains both left and right modules on one 4x8 sheet
    **Update** this module is fixed using .703" thickness for birch plywood, and .005" spacing

Front Side Module release.jpg

• Right side cut layout 4x8

Right_Side_Module_release.jpg

• rails.7z
    Sketchup model of dzus rails

• Center floor cut layout 4x8
  • Center floor cut layout v.2 4x8
    I've included center points for all drill holes in the .dxf, could be helpful for CAM, and you can delete the circles if they are not needed.
    The first file has a lowered floor section under the seat, version 2 has a level floor all the way back.

Center%20Floor%20Module%20release%201.jpgCenter%20Floor%20Module%20release%202.jpg

Center%20Floor%20Module%20v2%20release%201.jpgCenter%20Floor%20Module%20v2%20release%202.jpg

• Front extension cut layout 4x8

Front Extension Module release 1.jpgFront Extension Module release 2.jpg

All module cut layouts are designed for a 4'x8' sheet of 3/4" nominal plywood (.703 actual). I recommend using a 1/8" bit for drilling, and up to 1/4" bit for cutting. Joinery can be done with glue, drilling directly into the material, bolting through, metal corner brackets and tie plates, cross dowels, or a combination of those methods. Pilot holes are pre-positioned for all of those methods.

**TERMS OF USE** By downloading any of these files, you agree to the following terms and conditions:

88x31.png

y2kiah's A-10C Cockpit Plans is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

Edited by y2kiah
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Outstanding work, as always.

Thanks for all of your hard work!

Cheers,

Pogo

Intel I7 920 Std Clock - 6GB DDR3 RAM - 2 x GTX260 SLI - 10K 130GB Velociraptor Drive - Vista 64Bit - Saitek X52 Pro Hotas - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - TrackIR 5