y2kiah's A-10C cockpit build

y2kiah

check out here, post 473 on this page for a close up pic of the area

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=51362&page=48

Not sure, I dont have the pit here to measure but I think I went 12mm.

Thanks metal, looks like 12,, will be in the ballpark, and if its not it will have to be adjusted!!

Fingers crossed we cut tomorrow...

Real world pilot, budding virtual world hog driver...

My Build Thread

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1855253#post1855253

• 5 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Question about left console

The lines in the CAD drawings are where components are cut. There is an extra line in the left-side console in two of the pieces. If you cut both those lines you'd just end up with the smaller piece.

Can anyone explain these "extra" lines?

question.thumb.jpg.52b5c35a83ae0d288b482a77b67d7282.jpg

It's not a cut line but a rabbet (at least that's the way it worked for me).

It holds the board that your throttle attaches to. I'll post a pick when I get a chance.

Here is a rabbet joint for those less woodworking inclined:

rabbet.jpg

Here is how it looks on my pit. It's rock solid and works great!

attachment.php?attachmentid=100144&stc=1&d=1403461968

20140622_142326.thumb.jpg.6deecc12128145d901205706af1b0410.jpg

Edited by Sabre-TLA

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

The lines in the CAD drawings are where components are cut. There is an extra line in the left-side console in two of the pieces. If you cut both those lines you'd just end up with the smaller piece.

Can anyone explain these "extra" lines?

Maybe post 550 (above) and the subsequent posts will be the answer?

Regards,

Milli

EDIT - Sabre-TLA sniped me to it, but with a better answer.

Hi guys, sorry I've been an absentee for a while, but I still stalk every now and then. I'm intending to post my front console files and get some of the minor issues with the current files fixed up. It motivates me to get them done knowing that somebody is waiting. I'll check back in soon to post the front module.

Anything you post is going to be greatly appreciated. With all the pit builder here im still amazed there isnt a complete set of drawings for panels. The frame and seat seems to be done to death but panel drawings are sparse. Major kudos to those who do post them.

y2kiah

I CNC'd the right console from your plans about 18 months ago - then I put the A10 on hold to build an F16. I do plan to get back to the A10 this Fall - I'll wait for your CAD updates. Thanks for getting back to these great designs.

Anything you post is going to be greatly appreciated. With all the pit builder here im still amazed there isnt a complete set of drawings for panels. The frame and seat seems to be done to death but panel drawings are sparse. Major kudos to those who do post them.

DC,

I don't think its to surprising. While some might use the panels as is i don't see too many using standard DZUS rail. So modifications of some sort are required mostly. my set of CAD drawings for example will be useless for almost anyone, for my needs y2kiah's set was only usable as general reffeence . same with framework, I will need to roll my own to fit my limitations

as far as seat plans I'm not aware of any other set then Flim's and those are not public domain (not that I have problems paying money for things like that)

Y2kiah, welcome back :thumbup:

Anton.

My pit build thread .

Simple and cheap UFC project

y2kiah

I CNC'd the right console from your plans about 18 months ago - then I put the A10 on hold to build an F16. I do plan to get back to the A10 this Fall - I'll wait for your CAD updates. Thanks for getting back to these great designs.

Good to see you around too, sir. Maybe we will be able to collaborate on some projects this fall, hopefully I'm fully situated and done with mandatory house project prerequisites by then. :)

Anton.

My pit build thread .

Simple and cheap UFC project

DC,

I don't think its to surprising. While some might use the panels as is i don't see too many using standard DZUS rail. So modifications of some sort are required mostly. my set of CAD drawings for example will be useless for almost anyone, for my needs y2kiah's set was only usable as general reffeence . same with framework, I will need to roll my own to fit my limitations

as far as seat plans I'm not aware of any other set then Flim's and those are not public domain (not that I have problems paying money for things like that)

Y2kiah, welcome back :thumbup:

Good point, however even the basic measurements of the panel I.e. Width and height would save most people a lot of pain.

• 3 weeks later...

y2kiah has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

tried to send you a PM can you drop me a line before the week end? thanks

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/a-10c-warthog-supplies

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/133818-deadmans-cockpit-base-plans/#comment-133824

CNCs and Laser engravers are great but they can't do squat with out a precise set of plans.

I cleared out some messages so my PM box should be able to accept some now.

IIRC my rails.7z file, released along with the plywood plans, includes the dimensions of each panel on the left and right as a simple wireframe outline. I'm 99.9% sure that all of the panel dimensions are accurate, because I did a lot of crosschecking with real A-10 photos and not necessarily the sim itself. I also have several real panels for reference including a AN/ARC-186, which is the most commonly "oversized" panel that I see others design, because ED did not get the height dimension right, so screenshots will throw you off.

Anyway, thought I would mention that since it might help someone.

• 1 month later...

Can't wait to see the center console plans. Almost ready to start my build. :) Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful work with us, y2kiah. :)

If you disapprove of this post, please feel free to give me negative rep. If you approve of this post, please feel free to give me negative rep.

I cleared out some messages so my PM box should be able to accept some now.

IIRC my rails.7z file, released along with the plywood plans, includes the dimensions of each panel on the left and right as a simple wireframe outline. I'm 99.9% sure that all of the panel dimensions are accurate, because I did a lot of crosschecking with real A-10 photos and not necessarily the sim itself. I also have several real panels for reference including a AN/ARC-186, which is the most commonly "oversized" panel that I see others design, because ED did not get the height dimension right, so screenshots will throw you off.

Anyway, thought I would mention that since it might help someone.

Yup, sure will. At the very least knowing to search for rails.7z took me straight to the post.

Many thanks for sharing your hard work!:thumbup:

DC

• 4 months later...

Just coming back into the fold after a long hiatus and been doing a lot of looking across the forum at all the great work thats been done by folks. Seems like y2kaih's pit is the pit of choice for a number of you.....found the post where the files could be downloaded but seems like the links are working. Can anyone tell me if those files are still available?

Yeah sorry about that I switched web hosting providers and lost all of my screenshots in the process, thinking I have them stashed somewhere else though. I still have the dxf files from the released plans of course and will upload them to my new server. I'll try to get the rest of the screenshots back if possible to get my thread back in shape.