y2kiah's A-10C cockpit build

y2kiah

• 1 month later...

Your scale reference would be standard panel width of 5.75" and standard DZUS pitch of 0.375"

Although I personaly didnt work with these templates so i'm not 100% sure they conform to the mil standard . others will chime in.

And BTW. now that my laser is all setup I can assist with laser cutting services as well. I also found a somewhat local place that I can order laser cut aluminum parts from .

Anton.

My pit build thread .

Simple and cheap UFC project

• 3 weeks later...

I too need the Front extension cut layout 4x8 file as it is corrupt.

Rig: MSI Mag X570 Tomahawk| AMD 5600 | 32 GB DDR3 | M2 NVME Gen4 1TB SSD | Samsung EVo 850 2TB, 500 & 256 GB SSD | Gigabyte AORUS GTX 1080Ti | Samsung 24" (1920x1200) |

2 x Iiyama 22" T2250MTS touch screen (1920x1080) | 2 x 6.4" LCD | Cougar MFDs | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Pro Pedals | Windows 10

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
A-10C_Pit_34.pngA-10C_Pit_35.png

• Left side cut layout 4x8
    **Update** this module is fixed using .703" thickness for birch plywood, and .005" spacing

Left Side Module release.jpg

• Front sides cut layout 4x8
    contains both left and right modules on one 4x8 sheet
    **Update** this module is fixed using .703" thickness for birch plywood, and .005" spacing

Front Side Module release.jpg

• Right side cut layout 4x8

Right_Side_Module_release.jpg

• rails.7z
    Sketchup model of dzus rails

• Center floor cut layout 4x8
  • Center floor cut layout v.2 4x8
    I've included center points for all drill holes in the .dxf, could be helpful for CAM, and you can delete the circles if they are not needed.
    The first file has a lowered floor section under the seat, version 2 has a level floor all the way back.

Center%20Floor%20Module%20release%201.jpgCenter%20Floor%20Module%20release%202.jpg

Center%20Floor%20Module%20v2%20release%201.jpgCenter%20Floor%20Module%20v2%20release%202.jpg

• Front extension cut layout 4x8

Front Extension Module release 1.jpgFront Extension Module release 2.jpg

All module cut layouts are designed for a 4'x8' sheet of 3/4" nominal plywood (.703 actual). I recommend using a 1/8" bit for drilling, and up to 1/4" bit for cutting. Joinery can be done with glue, drilling directly into the material, bolting through, metal corner brackets and tie plates, cross dowels, or a combination of those methods. Pilot holes are pre-positioned for all of those methods.

**TERMS OF USE** By downloading any of these files, you agree to the following terms and conditions:

88x31.png

y2kiah's A-10C Cockpit Plans is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

Excuse me first. The file are in .txt and need to me converted to .dfx. Please enlighten me.:helpsmilie:

twin

They are dxf files, it is the way you are viewing them m8.

What default programme are you trying to open them in?

Windows 7 64 Home Premium, i5 3570K (3.4 @ 4.4GHz), Asus P8Z77-V LX, 16GB dual channel 1600 ram, EVGA Nvidia GTX980ti, 240 GB OCZ SSD, 3 TB Raptor, Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas and Throttle, Saitek Pro Combat Rudder pedals.

I right click, save as and the dxf downloads as txt. document. Name of file ends with .dfx. What am I doing wrong. Mach3 licensed is on another computer and when attempting to run it an error occurs with 0 not valid.

Edited by twin383

I'm away from home today so no computer, but I will try it when I get back tonight unless someone else responds to you first.

Windows 7 64 Home Premium, i5 3570K (3.4 @ 4.4GHz), Asus P8Z77-V LX, 16GB dual channel 1600 ram, EVGA Nvidia GTX980ti, 240 GB OCZ SSD, 3 TB Raptor, Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas and Throttle, Saitek Pro Combat Rudder pedals.

Maybe what you need to do is tell us what you thought these dxf files will let you accomplish. Do you have any CAD or CNC background? It is difficult to provide assistance with out this information.

DXF files are in fact text files. They are used as a vehicle to move drawing data from one CAD program to another in a very basic, stripped down, text format. The DXF file extension is short for Drawing eXchange Format

• Like 1

Regards

John W

aka WarHog.

My Cockpit Build Pictures...

John Wall

My Arduino Sketches ... https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-Dc0Wd9C5l3uY-cPj1iQD3iAEHY6EuHg?usp=sharing

WIN 10 Pro, i8-8700k @ 5.0ghz, ASUS Maximus x Code, 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Ram,

AIO Water Cooler, M.2 512GB NVMe,

500gb SSD, EVGA GTX 1080 ti (11gb), Sony 65” 4K Display

VPC MongoosT-50, TM Warthog Throttle, TRK IR 5.0, Slaw Viper Pedals

I am a novice with CNC. Building anything is my strength when equipped with knowledge. The DXF files here is the cockpit that will sit on the 6 DOF motion platform being built. Actually 3 simulators are being built for by boys and self. We look forward to joining the community of flying. Thank you for knowledge for dummies and your assistance will be much appreciated.

Twin, What John says ^^^^^^. I have these open perfectly in autocad, got them all here opened. Do you have autocad or a dxf viewer. PM me can probably help you m8