ATI Radeon 5870 causes flickering only on the Hills in Backround, Settings on Maximum

I have strong flickering in the A-10 Quick mission ( didnt test any other mission/scene yet ) whenever i look towards the huge hills in the backround.

I can see a lot of vertical lines on the hills which are flickering at high frequency. ( It is disturbing the awsome scenery ) :helpsmilie:

Everything else is very smooth and no flickering or abnormal graphics.

FC2.0 is running with 40-50 fps on deep strike and 70-80 fps in higher altitudes.

I am using ATI Catalyst 10.3, Windows 7 - Ultimate 64 Bit

1280 X 960 Resolution (4:3),

FC 2.0 Graphics Detail settings are on High !

Temperatures of my CPU and GPU are o.k. , no overheating !

My Catalyst Driver Settings are :

Anti Aliasing 8x (maximum)

AA Mode : Quality

Anisotropic Filter : 16x (maximum)

AI : Advanced

Mipmap : Quality

Anyone else has the same problem ?

Is this just an ATI Problem or also caused by Nvidia Graphics Cards ?

Thanks for Replies !

best regards,

GSG_9_LIGHTNING

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

its the shadows from the clouds to ground effect, don't worry about it, its been there since the begining of Lock on.. you can turn shadows off and that will get rid of it.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Same card, Vista 64. Try turning off Catalyst AI and Triple buffering if you have it on. I also have the Multi-Sample AA turned all the way down. Getting similar framerates or slightly higher than your observations. No graphic anomalies or artifacts to report. Looking sweet.

Same setup with Windows 64, I'll try this and see if it works for me.

Same card, Vista 64. Try turning off Catalyst AI and Triple buffering if you have it on. I also have the Multi-Sample AA turned all the way down. Getting similar framerates or slightly higher than your observations. No graphic anomalies or artifacts to report. Looking sweet.

I've got the same issue with an ATI 5850, really taking my initial enjoyment out of the game. What driver version you running?

I've got the same issue with an ATI 5850, really taking my initial enjoyment out of the game. What driver version you running?

Running the lastest driver from ATI (Catalyst 10.3). You can turn your shadows down from in game options/system/graphics/shadows menu (Full, All Planar, Active Planar), but you can't turn them off from there.

Looks like you can remove shadows from within your graphics.cfg file (~line 145), or tweek the density (~line 400). I haven't had the need to adjust those myself though, so I can't comment on what your results may be.

Same problem with ATI HD 4770. And it was in LockOn 1...

Gigabyte Z490 Gaming X | i5 10600K@4700 | 32 Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | Gigabyte Aorus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G |

MONITOR IIYAMA 24,5" LED LCD @ 1920 x 1080 | Windows 11

| Saitek X-55 Rhino | TrackIR 5 Pro