Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

diecastbg

Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List  

4719 members have voted

1. 1. Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

^^ most of them was old airframes and was cheaper to scrap them then reforbish them.. Similer to the Jag.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem with stuff like the MV-22 and F-35/22 is they're are too secret for DCS to model. Also for UK helicopters u forgot the Merlin. Best helo ever. The harrier and Jaguar are going out of service or already have.

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

Because to downgrade the F-22 enough so they could have sold it without compromise would have essentially forced them to develop a new airframe.

The real joke there is that the current F-22 *is* the downgraded foreign one :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The real joke there is that the current F-22 *is* the downgraded foreign one :D

It still kicks anythings ass that you might want to throw at it, so where's the point? :)

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

The problem with stuff like the MV-22 and F-35/22 is they're are too secret for DCS to model.
Too secret to be flyables, but not so secret that they cant be AI controlled.

Id love to have a U-2 in the sim as well.

^^ most of them was old airframes and was cheaper to scrap them then reforbish them.. Similer to the Jag.

Harrier airframes are relatively new and they have only just been modded up to GR9 with two more modifications bought and paid for, its costing the government 7 times as much to keep the Tornado's flying compared to Harrier, so no not really cheaper to scrap them.

so no not really cheaper to scrap them

it is cheaper if you intend to remove the planes, their pilots, their support crew & all costs associated with upkeep, and not replace them or their capability with anything...

Cheers.

it is cheaper if you intend to remove the planes, their pilots, their support crew & all costs associated with upkeep, and not replace them or their capability with anything...[/QU

It would have been 6 billion cheaper to remove Tornado

Well I add newer planes like Mig-29M/SMT/M2/K and Su-30MK,MKI in the end all the family of newer planes of Russia thought they don't make it playable.

La guerra, asi como es madrastra de los cobardes, es madre de los valientes.

Cervantes.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If it's a fixed wing aircraft, then my vote is for the F-15E.

If it's to be a rotary wing aircraft, then I'd like to see an Apache.

Somehow, I feel that I'll like what ever they choose to go with though.

If it's a fixed wing aircraft, then I vote for the F-15E.

If it's a rotary wing aircraft, I'd like an Apache.

Then again, maybe they could do some older aircraft from either the Korean war or the Vietnam war. Back before they stuck all the super radar n weapons and you could get into a gun fight.

F 86 vs MiG 15?

F 4 vs MiG 21?

It could be fun.

I think a good DCS Platform would be the F-111C , because:

-Its Unique

-The isn't any other simulators for it (that i know of)

-Its fast!

-Its not brand new or really old so it shouldn't be that hard to get info on.

-It has a 2 person cockpit where the pilots sit next to each other so it won't be too hard to make

-Its versatile

-Its interesting

but at the end of the day I would be really happy with the super hornet as well :)

If the F16 was so great the indians would have taken the deal the US was giving them on them. No, they wanted something better. Euro fighter is getting the nod over the inferior F16. not sure why the US could not have sold the F22 with downgraded avionics and engines or something. Who needs 11 billion dollars to stimulate the economy though.

The US doesn't sell any weapon or platform it can't defend against or counter effectively. If we sold 22s then it would mean we can beat it. Right now its the the US air dominace trump card.

"It's amazing, even at the Formula 1 level how many drivers still think the brakes are for slowing the car down."

VF-2 Bounty Hunters

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group 1 | Discord

The US doesn't sell any weapon or platform it can't defend against or counter effectively. If we sold 22s then it would mean we can beat it. Right now its the the US air dominace trump card.

Thats why I said downgraded. Like a Chinese F22 basically. Hell sell it with no radar or avionics and leave it up to the indians to throw in some of their own from some other current plane. Cant be that hard to equip an F22 with other parts. :music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aaron

i7 2600k@4.4ghz, GTX1060-6gb, 16gb DDR3, T16000m, Track IR5

BS2-A10C-UH1-FC3-M2000-F18C-A4E-F14B-BF109

F-16

[sigpic]http://www.virtualthunderbirds.com/Signatures/sig_LD.jpg[/sigpic]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |