Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

diecastbg

Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List  

4719 members have voted

1. 1. Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

I've always loved the F-15, but a part of me really wants to try out carrier ops in a DCS sim, so I'd be ok with an F/A-18 or even an F-14. (Honestly, since it's DCS, I'd probably be happy with DCS: C-2).

It would be especially nice if TM happened to make a HOTAS product for the new aircraft.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still have my money on the F-18 because of the Twitter post from March 18th. Honeyless bees = hornets if you ask me.

Spoiler

W10-x64 | Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra | Core i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15

Corsair 32Gb 3200 | MSI RTX 3080ti Gaming X

Asus Xonar AE | TM Hotas Warthog

MFG Crosswind pedals | Valve Index

i can tell the next DCS module will be F16C

First,F16 is by no means the most advanced fighter aircraft , you can find it through out the world. so detailed information is easy to come by.

Second , from a commercial point of viwe , i think most of us like to drive a fighter, especially a multi- role fighter rather than striker or helicoper . F16 is of course a multi- role fighter , so it can meet the demands of a great number of people like me.

some people say the next DCS module will be F18C , although F18 is voted most likely to be the next DCS aircraft i don't feel that way .just imagine , if ED wants to keep developing the DCS series , how can they put out F18C the most functional aircraft first.

Edited by jp203000

Your veneer of certainty hides only the same type of speculations we've already heard many many times. ;)

There is already a thread on this topic, in Chit-Chat. Closed.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

For those new to this game, the polls on this forum only gauge what the users who took part in it want, not what ED are considering to make.;)

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

For those new to this game, the polls on this forum only gauge what the users who took part in it want, not what ED are considering to make.;)

Exactly!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CM HAF-X | Corsair HX1000i | ASUS P8P67Pro | Intel Core i7 2600 @ 4.0GHz | Corsair CWCH70 | G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1600MHz | ASUS GeForce GTX 970 4GB | Plextor M5Pro 256GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB * 2 RAID 0 | WD Caviar Green 2TB | Windows 10 Professional X64 | TM HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedal

You could try talking to the one who originally start this thread then...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CM HAF-X | Corsair HX1000i | ASUS P8P67Pro | Intel Core i7 2600 @ 4.0GHz | Corsair CWCH70 | G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1600MHz | ASUS GeForce GTX 970 4GB | Plextor M5Pro 256GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB * 2 RAID 0 | WD Caviar Green 2TB | Windows 10 Professional X64 | TM HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedal

I hate the F/A 18 super hornet. Its such a bland aircraft with nothing special about it. It is a jack of all trades but a master of none.

YES!

Welcome to the hate-club!

You can check back the last 10 pages or so for my posts, to see all kinds of exciting reasons to hate it :)

Or just this post.

Edited by Frostiken

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It seems to me that a lot of the talk regarding the next DCS module is about playing favourites and anomaly hunting (looking for updated models, website registrations, whatever.).

Has anyone with relevant industry/military knowledge about US fighters actually weighed in on this issue? To elaborate, we have a precedent regarding how DCS modules are 'selected' for development: Military contracts. A-10As were slated to be upgraded with the Precision Engagement modification, and thus pilots required familiarisation with the new avionics and HOTAS system. Enter ED.

So, couldn't we infer something similar regarding the next module? (Maybe not?) Is anything interesting happening with the major fixed-wing fighter programs that might require or benefit from a desktop simulation for pilot training? I admittedly know little about the inner-workings of the US military, but from my naive perspective this might be a better way of approaching the 'problem' of the next DCS module, as opposed to favouritism and wish-fulfilment.

Anyone more knowledgeable than myself care to step in suggest some possibilities based on real-world upgrades and pilot training needs? :)

Caveat: I've only read the last 30 or so pages, so forgive me if this has already been bought up.

I hate the F/A 18 super hornet. Its such a bland aircraft with nothing special about it. It is a jack of all trades but a master of none.

It is a pilot, who is a master. The more "inferior" tool at his disposal, the greater the challenge and glory ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Originally Posted by Death-17

Any yahoo can fly fixed, it takes skill to fly rotor.

Has anyone with relevant industry/military knowledge about US fighters actually weighed in on this issue? To elaborate, we have a precedent regarding how DCS modules are 'selected' for development: Military contracts. A-10As were slated to be upgraded with the Precision Engagement modification, and thus pilots required familiarisation with the new avionics and HOTAS system. Enter ED.

I'm guessing (without any insider knowledge, i know about as much as you do ATM) that the reason why ED don't tell us right now is because they are still negotiating whether they will be able to produce a civil spinoff, or maybe the ins and outs of this agreement.

If this is the case, expect none of the persons involved, be it military or civil, to be at liberty to carry any knowledge of this into the public domain.

Edited by sobek

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

It seems to me that a lot of the talk regarding the next DCS module is about playing favourites and anomaly hunting (looking for updated models, website registrations, whatever.).

So, couldn't we infer something similar regarding the next module? (Maybe not?) Is anything interesting happening with the major fixed-wing fighter programs that might require or benefit from a desktop simulation for pilot training? I admittedly know little about the inner-workings of the US military, but from my naive perspective this might be a better way of approaching the 'problem' of the next DCS module, as opposed to favouritism and wish-fulfilment.

Anyone more knowledgeable than myself care to step in suggest some possibilities based on real-world upgrades and pilot training needs? :)

Caveat: I've only read the last 30 or so pages, so forgive me if this has already been bought up.

I mentioned it one of my posts. I can consider myself an SME as far as this goes:

The F-15E's undergone, in the last five years, two major revisions and upgrades - Suite 5 and Suite 6. Suite 6 notably had the larger impact as it introduced JHMCS to the front cockpit (Suite 7 will introduce it to the back) and allowed capability of Small Diameter Bombs (wheee!) and the AN/ASQ-236 radar mapping pod. There's oodles of other features that both suites introduced, such as the replacement of the 8mm VTRS for a DVR (the 8mm player itself is being deprecated in Suite 7 IIRC), as well as the obligatory secret squirrel kind of stuff.

Regardless, the point is the pilots need to learn this stuff. I've used the simulator that Boeing offered as a 'trainer' and it's really not the most impressive thing I've seen.

Now the argument could be that Boeing's offering is good enough, but given how lackluster that thing was (it basically focused only on the core features of the new upgrade, with zero integration with older avionics) I definitely see a fat juicy contract for the F-15E in the future, especially if AETC was pleased with ED's offering for the A-10C. I've thought about this before and while I don't know what's going on in the F/A-18 world, I do know that the F-35 is supposed to replace them, so I'm skeptical that the F/A-18Cs (the legacy Hornet, not even the Superhornet) would have any interest for the US military, which would tell me that if a 'military' trainer for the F/A-18C is in the works, it would be for a country such as Canada, Finland, or maybe even Kuwait.

That said, the F-15E is getting a batrilljion dollars invested into it to make it even better and, well, someone has to learn this stuff at some point.

So on the 'which has more contract potential' we have:

A) Clunky old useless pile of crap that's already been rendered obsolete by two different airframes...

or

B) A state-of-the-art fighter getting new upgrades on a regular basis that has zero replacement and is forecast to be in use for the next 15 years.

Edited by Frostiken
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Actually, the larger the likelyhood of capture or death, and real pilots don't like that.

It is a pilot, who is a master. The more "inferior" tool at his disposal, the greater the challenge and glory ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I have always been very interested in human-machine interaction and it's one of the reasons I like flight sims. Hence, f35 was the obvious choice for me due to it's futuristic cockpit design.

The lack of analog switches and cauges all over the cockpit could also make the simulation exprience more comfortable. With just one large extra screen your simpit would feel like the real F35 cockpit. :D

I'm guessing (without any insider knowledge, i know about as much as you do ATM) that the reason why ED don't tell us right now is because they are still negotiating whether they will be able to produce a civil spinoff, or maybe the ins and outs of this agreement.

If this is the case, expect none of the persons involved, be it military or civil, to be at liberty to carry any knowledge of this into the public domain.

Is it possible they haven't decided what the next DCS aircraft is? if so , i will upgrade my PC one year and a half later.:cry:

That means they are working on F-16C

i7 880 | HD 7870 | 8 Gb DDR3 1600 | ECS P55H-A | OCZ Vertex 2 180 | Intel 330 180 | WD 500 AAKS | 2x WD 2T Green | Enermax Liberty 620 | CH Combatstick & Throttle | TrackIR 3 | HP ZR24W | Windows 7 x64

b0a1623a3b0453a6217123a.jpeg

F8U-3.jpg

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..