Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List  

4719 members have voted

1. 1. Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

isn't it a bit.... OP ?!:music_whistling::huh:

Not really, submarines are hard to nail from the air, but with one of those puppies you don't need quite as good a fix to nail it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Although I would personally enjoy a simulator built around something other than a fighter aircraft or attack helicopter (both of which I feel like have been done to death), I don't feel like market for such a product is very large. I think it needs to be something that's very "maneuvery", and probably it needs to be able to pew-pew. This rules out things like the SR-71 (challenging, but not very "maneuvery" flying) or SAR helicopters (not pew-pewy), which would be great fun for some of us, but not many others.

With that in mind, I'd like to humbly suggest the B-1B might make an excellent subject for the next DCS entry. Challenging, high-speed, nap-of-the-earth flying coupled with an awful lot of destructive potential. It'd also be a pretty unique sim experience.

Although I would personally enjoy a simulator built around something other than a fighter aircraft or attack helicopter (both of which I feel like have been done to death), I don't feel like market for such a product is very large. I think it needs to be something that's very "maneuvery", and probably it needs to be able to pew-pew. This rules out things like the SR-71 (challenging, but not very "maneuvery" flying) or SAR helicopters (not pew-pewy), which would be great fun for some of us, but not many others.

With that in mind, I'd like to humbly suggest the B-1B might make an excellent subject for the next DCS entry. Challenging, high-speed, nap-of-the-earth flying coupled with an awful lot of destructive potential. It'd also be a pretty unique sim experience.

http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimulatorx/

http://www.microsoft.com/games/flight/

i7 880 | HD 7870 | 8 Gb DDR3 1600 | ECS P55H-A | OCZ Vertex 2 180 | Intel 330 180 | WD 500 AAKS | 2x WD 2T Green | Enermax Liberty 620 | CH Combatstick & Throttle | TrackIR 3 | HP ZR24W | Windows 7 x64

The problem with that is that (from what I understand) the guys at DCS are not interested in modeling aircraft that need more than one crewmember. A lot of people want the Apache, but there aren't any one-seat versions around. I'd imagine the pilot workload for a single dude sitting in a B-1 would be massive.

-SnakeShit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Peace through Superior Firepower

EVERYTHING YOU'LL EVER NEED FOR LOMAC:

http://flankertraining.com/ironhand/news.html

The problem with that is that (from what I understand) the guys at DCS are not interested in modeling aircraft that need more than one crewmember. A lot of people want the Apache, but there aren't any one-seat versions around. I'd imagine the pilot workload for a single dude sitting in a B-1 would be massive.
Rather than not interested, they just still don't know how to best achieve it or maybe some technical issue.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CM HAF-X | Corsair HX1000i | ASUS P8P67Pro | Intel Core i7 2600 @ 4.0GHz | Corsair CWCH70 | G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1600MHz | ASUS GeForce GTX 970 4GB | Plextor M5Pro 256GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB * 2 RAID 0 | WD Caviar Green 2TB | Windows 10 Professional X64 | TM HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedal

The problem with that is that (from what I understand) the guys at DCS are not interested in modeling aircraft that need more than one crewmember.

Actually, the real problem is that it's a B-1B. It's the queen of the Air Force!

2116_1760_l.jpg

...... hangar queen.

Kidding aside I think a B-1 would actually be a pretty interesting aircraft to fly. Or crash.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think the F/A-18 Super hornet would be cool. You should be able to find all the details and manuals on it that you need. You could even add a interesting twist to multiplayer by having a friend be the backseat guy.

Coder - Oculus Rift Guy - Court Jester

Yes, like I said - we know about NATOPS. I'm still questioning your statement:

You should be able to find all the details and manuals on it that you need.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Poor Wags... PM-Inbox has no Spam-Filter...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

I left wags many personel messages to ask for how long they want to keep it a secret , but I got no response.

Sure you got a response, you just didn't get it. ;)

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Actually, the real problem is that it's a B-1B. It's the queen of the Air Force!

2116_1760_l.jpg

...... hangar queen.

Kidding aside I think a B-1 would actually be a pretty interesting aircraft to fly. Or crash.

Why is the tail higher than the roof? This could end up with one or two technical difficulties. :smilewink:

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing