Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List  

4719 members have voted

1. 1. Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me thinks that it will be the Fa/18....

Here's why, I cannot find it again, there was a news article from a Marine Officer stating thatthey were using new Flight Sim technology to train their pilots. There's more to the story, but it reminded me of DCS series when I read it.

They are improving their ship models....

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3401570/test.html

Now why would time be spent on such a thing if we were mainly getting land based AC in the next installment?

Hmmmm........

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

Revelation, you forget the fact that even if they're working on a military simulator of the 18, this does not necessarily mean that the next DCS will be based on that. The military customer in question would have to give a green light to using their stuff as the backbone for a commercial product. Being able to secure such permission is the reason why we have DCS:A-10C instead of the previously planned DCS:A-10A.

Basically: it can be anything, and since there's a lot of things going on you should not try to guess based solely on models here and there or announcements made on military markets. (Remember that stuff about Predator operator simulation and IR station simulation for AC130's? Could be one of those too! :P )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Awwe... I got all excited to see Wags post here...

LG 34UC97 34" 3440x1440 monitor | 2x GTX-980 G1 Gaming

I7-5820k @ 3.3GHz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 2133Mhz

Samsung 840 EVO 120GB & 1TB SSDs | Seagate 3TB HDD

TM Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals

Wait... JP... Are you telling Matt what the next product is? :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Wait... JP... Are you telling Matt what the next product is? :D

Yes and I was after A10C was released? ;) Now I need Nevada map.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

If you get Nevada, can I get DCS:AT-802U? :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Me thinks that it will be the Fa/18....

Here's why, I cannot find it again, there was a news article from a Marine Officer stating thatthey were using new Flight Sim technology to train their pilots. There's more to the story, but it reminded me of DCS series when I read it.

They are improving their ship models....

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3401570/test.html

Now why would time be spent on such a thing if we were mainly getting land based AC in the next installment?

Hmmmm........

2+2=5. You assume ED can only be working on one aircraft at a time, and that such improvements are done for any other reason than they need doing.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

So your telling the next module its going to be F-16+Su27?? :)

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Well i certainly don t know why Eagle dinamyc have secures right over F18, asked for as much as the comunity could provide hi res pictures of CVN 70.

Please people tell me :)

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

Don't judge plans by owning domains. Else the vJaBoG32 would feature Fighter Ops. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

Errr, it is. Huge numbers of A-10s were lost in Desert Storm because battlefield commanders had no idea how it would fare against semi-competent air defenses. They got completely shredded. Generally you try to avoid losing expensive aircraft you don't have replacements for. When the A-10 was made in the Cold War, money was practically infinite and it was okay to lose planes and even pilots - the F-16 was built to be a cheap, lightweight disposable fighter - the infantry of the sky. This is why a billion of the stupid things were made.

Huge numbers ??? tell me how much? cause i could barely find a dozen, and the ratio $ loss inflicted VS $ loss received is awesomely excelent.

Without counting the rate of missions and etc. 1 plane up per 7 minutes

Especially considering none of the more modern planes couldn t have done the job, where ready to or whatever and would have costed tons of fuel more than the a10 did...

Considering you can loose 3 A10a for the cost of 2 F16 c/d

or you can loose 3 A10a for the cost of 1 F15E, which BTW wouldn t have done the job due to smoke and clouds.

One could safely say that the a10 outperformed any expectation, in such a right they where pulled off garbage bin and now will stay alive for much more time.

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

Don't judge plans by owning domains. Else the vJaBoG32 would feature Fighter Ops. :D

I don t judge things by one point only, but by a sum of them that may indicate a direction. Beside the 2 point i showed there s 2 others in my sleeve. They are only indications of course, so they may be misleading too. But so far i would bet in the F18.

Next plane should be either F14 or Harrier. Flight sims are all starting to look the same. Im tired of F16, F18, F15 or A10. Lets try something new.:)

IMO All of the sims to these aircraft arn't that good. Nobody has stepped up and made a good high quality sims other than Eagle Dynamics. Matter of fact I really don't like any other sims other than the ones Eagle Dynamics makes because of graphics and online seems a little bit smoother all of the rest seem out dated and fsx, well I never got deep into this sim Ill be honest, but from what I can see it doesnt look like it has good flight dynamics with fighter jets and you have to pay for a lot of add ons.

I hope that in the next DCS is a fighter(f-18 or f-16) and the jet noise is emphsized a little more.

And I really wish Egale Dynamics had more fans to this so they could work faster and get more $$$ because at the rate this is going it will take like 10 to 20 years just to match the number of aircraft on FC2. I dont mean to rush because I know it takes time on these things but man that is a long time. Even if they made 1 per year it would take like 7 years. That might be off a bit but you get the idea

Next plane should be either F14 or Harrier. Flight sims are all starting to look the same. Im tired of F16, F18, F15 or A10. Lets try something new.:)

The thing is buddy, I'm not sure about any sim that has done F18 or F15 to the fidelity that A10/Ka-50 has been done. Although I would like a F-14.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes, CRAZY talk!!!!!

Let's see, the last...

F16 sim: Falcon 4 Release date 1999 (all other variations are based on this)

F18 sim: Janes F18 Release date 1999

F15 sim: Janes F15 Release date 1998

12 years since the last non survey sim for these 3 aircrafts. 12 years since any of us have had a full combat simulator of a fast jet. That is a freaking long time in the computer world. FC does not count as it is a survey sim. I can not agree that these jets have been done to death lol.

I tell ya, the frustration I have of not having a fast jet on the same level of DCS since 1999 is killing me. I love FC, but I want something using modern PC tech and is a hi-fi sim of a fast jet. When I think about it, it is almost unbelievable that we have NONE.

Edited by Crunch

Not fair to say that there isn't an F-16 sim, since the Falcon 4 / BMS / OpenFalcon / FreeFalcon / whatever the hell malarky is going on with that has kept the sim alive and (somewhat) up-to-date more than the F-15 and F/A-18. Making a DCS F-16 commercial product would be a waste.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I hate the need to spread rep!

Agree Frostiken! But in the end we'll take what we get, won't we?! ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5