Asus Maximus Hero IX Z270

i7 7700k @ 4.7GHz

32GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3700MHz DDR4

EVGA RTX 2080Ti

Samsung 960 Evo 1TB M.2 NVME SSD

EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2

Acer XB270HU 144Hz @ 1440p (IPS)

Valve Index

OOOOhhh, I wish I had the Alpha of a Hornet!

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ONLY f-18 is acceptable. Other aircraft waste my time only ! like shitty mustang !

Same for me, but with a russian plane.

But while russian plane doesnt come, F18 or similar first, others, as you said, it´s a waste of my limited time for PC

Greetings

The next DCS aircraft is not a Hornet, it is not a Super Hornet, it is not a Falcon, and it definitely is not a Phantom. Just stop.

What about "It is not an (Strike)Eagle"?

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

To those who think the superhornet is NOT a possibility...why the hell not.....

....ALE-55 Towed Decoy self explanitory and can be looked up on wiki for christs sake

Nuff Said..

Man, that was truly funny. You should be a stand-up comedian :-)

"It's not the years, honey. It's the mileage..."

...that an EXTREMELY ACCURATE (to our perception) simulation cannot be achieved..

And there's where you go wrong. We don't want MSFS. We want virtual instruments simulated to REALITY. Not some guess at what they might be. Thats the reason I stick with DCS.

If I wanted a GUESS, I could just download the F-35 mod for MSFS or whatever cheap sim. There's already a cheap SuperBug sim out for MSFS if I recall anyway.

"Isn't this fun!?" - Inglorious Bastards

"I rode a tank, held a general's rank / When the Blitzkrieg raged, and the bodies stank!" - Stones.

... but an armchair general *and you know you are out there* will spout some crap he learned on defense net telling him no way thats not right...

Or on wikipedia? :music_whistling::lol:

"Isn't this fun!?" - Inglorious Bastards

"I rode a tank, held a general's rank / When the Blitzkrieg raged, and the bodies stank!" - Stones.

. There's already a cheap SuperBug sim out for MSFS if I recall anyway.

I wouldn't base the f-35 that's out for FSX with the Rhino that is. The VRS Rhino is based off of the NATOPS flight manual and Flight data. Pretty much the same stuff DCS would use to make their model off of. Especially since any currently in use fighter aircraft will have classified information. Regardless of how old it is, oh and that is including the A-10C we have.

My Specs

Asus Maximus Hero IX Z270

i7 7700k @ 4.7GHz

32GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3700MHz DDR4

EVGA RTX 2080Ti

Samsung 960 Evo 1TB M.2 NVME SSD

EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2

Acer XB270HU 144Hz @ 1440p (IPS)

Valve Index

OOOOhhh, I wish I had the Alpha of a Hornet!

You still don't know anything. May as well, stake the claim on an F-18C on account on the website ... about as reliable a piece of info.

I don't need to say exactly what but I will say that I know for a fact of (unnamed person) receiving a certain something for a certain aircraft back in 2010.

Yes, I do know.:smartass:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

It wouldn't matter even if you were, it would just be serendipity. You still don't get it ... your visibility into the next DCS jet is zero. A certain person receiving certain documentation doesn't mean DCS module, especially since such documentation is available for other aircraft, and ED has a bunch of those.

Yeah, okay.:laugh:

We'll see who is right when the time comes.:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

your visibility into the next DCS jet is zero.

I didn't say that I know what the next jet is, nor have I previously (because I don't). I just have a good idea of what to expect given from what I have learned through word of mouth of background sources. I admit, I could be wrong and there is no way of knowing till the official title is released by ED, but I suspect a 99% probability that I am correct.

Edited by Viper101

your visibility into the next DCS jet is zero.

My curiosity is what the visibility OUT of the next DCS jet is, canopy rail in front of pilot, rear of pilot, in front and rear of pilot??

Come on, you can tell us.

104th Money

Intel i9-13900k, Asus Z790-E Gaming Wifi II mobo, 64gb Corsair DDR5-6400 RGB ram 2x32gb XMP2 profile, 2TB Crucial T700 PCIE 5.0 SSD internal, 2TB Samsung 980 Pro PCIE 4.0 SSD internal, Asus Tuf Gaming overclocked Nvidia RTX 4090, Corsair 7000X Case with 5 x 120mm intake fans and 4 x 140mm exhaust fans, side mounted Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm liquid cooler w/Elite LCD with 6 x 120mm fans in push-pull intake configuration 2 x 32" Asus 2560x1440 displays, TrackIR5 w/pro clip, Thrustmaster Warthog stick and throttle, CH Fighterstick Pro and Pebble Beach Velocity pedals.