Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

diecastbg

Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List  

4719 members have voted

1. 1. Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

how about an A6 Intruder? Just confirmed with Razbam on their Facebook site. My comment was: "Would be great if you could get an A6 into DCS the more vietnam era a/c we have, the better"

Response from Razbam: "will happen, already scheduled"

Absolutely love Vietnam era a/c. All we need is a North Vietnam map to go with it.

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didnt you get the news that newer radar systems detect the so called "stealth" aircraft easily? :music_whistling:

Article on Pupular Mechanics:

"Asked if the new seekers could track and destroy an F-35, Shalaev grins and says, "Well, we're going to try.""

:D

I don't we all fully comprehend just how vastly more capable the F22 is compared to fighters in the F15 and Su27 generation. Think F16 vs Mig15 and you might be close. Perhaps watching the F14 A6M battles in The Final Countdown would be an exaggeration, but you get the idea.

Maybe he didn't read the papers where air forces are actually quite worried about their missiles being almost completely ineffective against F-22's.

After all, those seekers don't use magic - if you've got 1/8th the range on a fighter radar, you've got about 1/8th on the seeker as well, and that's a rather bad situation.

Yeah, and the ability to use stealth and engage without an enemy even realizing it is huge.

I would like to see the F22 modeled as AI in dcs.

I think this could be done well. Certainly, they would be a great option for mission creators to add color and variety, but I don't think they belong as a DCS module controlled by players.

how about an A6 Intruder? Just confirmed with Razbam on their Facebook site. My comment was: "Would be great if you could get an A6 into DCS the more vietnam era a/c we have, the better"

Absolutely love Vietnam era a/c. All we need is a North Vietnam map to go with it.

A6 is a great idea. I think we will end up seeing more stuff from this era as it is suited to what DCS does really well: getting an accurate representation of a real aircraft and modeling it in high fidelity.

6700K@4.6 48Gb - 1080Ti Hybrid - Warthog - RIFT

That is Great news...More Carrier OPs!!!!

The Map should include all of Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia minimum

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

I'm good with this. For some reason I am not very excited for anything after dessert storm era. I am not sure if its because the real bread and butter of the systems is most likely classified and fudged or i am just intimidated with all the switchology..

A6 is a great idea. I think we will end up seeing more stuff from this era as it is suited to what DCS does really well: getting an accurate representation of a real aircraft and modeling it in high fidelity.

I've posted on this before...DCSW would be WELL suited for a Vietnam era module or campaign or something. Think about it:

1. Map of SEA or modelling North Vietnam with maybe the northern parts of South Vietnam;

2. Modelling the main a/c of that era (F105, F4, A6, A4, F100, A-1 Skyraider, Mig 17, 19, AH1). We already have the Mig 21 and A7 II, which are Vietnam era a/c, under construction and the Huey done. Whilst it would be great to have all those a/c, even if we had say the F105 (main fighter/bomber), F4 and Mig 21...thats a great start.

3. Modelling of the SAM, AAA threat during that time (which we could employ using CA).

4. Modelling carrier ops (A6, F4, A-1, A4, A7)

Now THATs what I'm waiting for.

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super

Doesn't this game already have more Migs than US aircraft. As it stands you have a choice of the A-10 or F-15. I would like to see the F-18e, F-22, and F-35. Bring the game up to date with modern US planes. DCS seems to be the most advanced combat flight sim so its sad to see it missing US planes that Janes EA and Novalogic had back years ago.

Edited by QGEMjzkYIekAjwKyo92S

I wouldn't say the A-6 is just Vietnam era. The A-6E (which absolutely should be the subject version) served from 1971 to 1997. 26 years of pickles in the barrel.

I'm happy for either version, however I understand (from an update a few months ago) that ED are looking at specific wars or eras or something eg. Vietnam, Korea, etc so I'm assuming they'd have to have a/c, etc from that era so you could jump into a server running a Vietnam campaign for example and know you won't be facing an F15 or Mig29.

I would LOVE to see a Vietnam themed release of aircraft. The A1 Skyraider is one of my all time faves. Couple that with the Huey and you have some CSAR goodness going on. A Jolly Green would be cool too. And a Skyhawk, and an Intruder, and..... lol

Would definitely need a new "world" to fly in though.

Love the idea and a lot of those a/c could be used for the 60s/70s middle eastern conflicts too.

Doesn't this game already have more Migs than US aircraft. As it stands you have a choice of the A-10 or F-15. I would like to see the F-18e, F-22, and F-35. Bring the game up to date with modern US planes. DCS seems to be the most advanced combat flight sim so its sad to see it missing US planes that Janes EA and Novalogic had back years ago.

The point of DCS is that the team uses de-classified data to model their aircraft. Therefore, you'll never see newer aircraft anytime soon. Not to mention that I think the -22 and -35 are terrible subjects for a DCS module.

I only respond to that little mechanical voice that says "Terrain! Terrain! Pull Up! Pull Up!"

Who can say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

-Robert Goddard

"A hybrid. A car for enthusiasts of armpit hair and brown rice." -Jeremy Clarkson

"I swear by my pretty floral bonet, I will end you." -Mal from Firefly

The point of DCS is that the team uses de-classified data to model their aircraft. Therefore, you'll never see newer aircraft anytime soon.

Thats why I think we won't get an Apache or updated Cobra for a while. Having said that...they needed something to model the A10C on. Funny, given they're based in Russia...and the A10C is a modern day US fighter/bomber - how'd they manage that one?

Thats why I think we won't get an Apache or updated Cobra for a while. Having said that...they needed something to model the A10C on. Funny, given they're based in Russia...and the A10C is a modern day US fighter/bomber - how'd they manage that one?

From the manual:

The Fighter Collection / Eagle Dynamics has been developing a high-fidelity Desk Top Simulation (DTS) of the A-10C for the U.S. Air National Guard for the past several years, giving us a tremendous access to A-10C information. We were fortunate enough to work out an agreement with our client to release an entertainment version of this simulation.

i5 4590 @ 3.77GHz | GTX 1060 6GB | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 | 1TB HDD+500GB HDD | Win10 Home X64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Other companies like Janes EA and Novalogic were able to make simulators for the F-18 super hornet, F-16 and F-22. DCS did manage to create the A10 and F15. I think DCS can pull it off.

Navalogic... Simulator... hum... :music_whistling:

Anyway, I didn't follow DCS news for a long time... But it's official the F-18C is the next DCS aircraft ?

HAF X - CM SPG 800W - Asus P8P67 Pro B3 - i7 2600K @ 4,6 - 8GB Corsair Vengeance CAS8 @ 1600 - Gainward Phantom GTX 770 2GO - Samsung 830 128 go (DCS A-10 on it) - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1To

Defence contract.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Well I think once they get the F-18 done they should do the F-22 the can get almost all the info they need from the net and Lockheed. Novalogic was able to create a very accurate F-22 simulator so did DID with Total air war. DCS could really bring this model up to date. F22 Lightning 3 still runs on windows 7 in compatibility mode but it is at low res. Not the nice 1920x1080 resolution. Come on DCS you can do it. You have the best Flight sim going with Flaming cliffs 3 included.

Well I think once they get the F-18 done they should do the F-22 the can get almost all the info they need from the net and Lockheed.

I believe this is an overstatement of the available information. The 3rd Party developing the F18 Super Hornet (Coretex) have already said they will do the "best they can", which implies there will be holes.

Novalogic was able to create a very accurate F-22 simulator so did DID with Total air war. DCS could really bring this model up to date. F22 Lightning 3 still runs on windows 7 in compatibility mode but it is at low res. Not the nice 1920x1080 resolution. Come on DCS you can do it. You have the best Flight sim going with Flaming cliffs 3 included.

Perhaps a better way of stating this is that you enjoyed their simulation a lot and found it to be a good simulation. However (and I could be wrong) I doubt that you have flown an F22 in RL, so I don't think you can really say that the previous simulations of the F22 were "very accurate".

It has been brought up many times and in different threads that they (ED) won't be chasing after the latest gen of aircraft (Gen 5) due to the lack of publicly available data / information / detail and because most of the intricacies of those aircraft are in their very top secret avionics suites.

One other thing that has been pointed out is that an F22 would greatly unbalance the SIM.

Not trying to be a party pooper and I certainly understand your desire. And hey! It is okay to make requests!

"Snipe"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OS => Win7 64-bit Ultimate | MOBO => ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe | RAM => 8GB | VIDEO CARD => XFX ATI 4850 | CONTROLLER => Saitek X52 | DISPLAY => ASUS 25.5" 1600x1280 | HDD => 150GB WD Raptor (10K RPM)

Sooner or later it will happen. The F-16 has the biggest fan base in the combat flight sim community. ED or a 3rd party dev will do it at some point. It's good business to bring F-16s into DCS world. But it will get in line because something even better is around the corner - F/A-18C with carrier ops. :)

Edited by Innerloop

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

something even better is around the corner - F/A-18C with carrier ops. :)
Totally agree! :thumbup:
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CM HAF-X | Corsair HX1000i | ASUS P8P67Pro | Intel Core i7 2600 @ 4.0GHz | Corsair CWCH70 | G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1600MHz | ASUS GeForce GTX 970 4GB | Plextor M5Pro 256GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB * 2 RAID 0 | WD Caviar Green 2TB | Windows 10 Professional X64 | TM HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedal

BMS's Campaign stomps EDs... just sayin'

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

BMS's Campaign stomps EDs... just sayin'

Yeah, DCS series should work on campaign.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CM HAF-X | Corsair HX1000i | ASUS P8P67Pro | Intel Core i7 2600 @ 4.0GHz | Corsair CWCH70 | G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1600MHz | ASUS GeForce GTX 970 4GB | Plextor M5Pro 256GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB * 2 RAID 0 | WD Caviar Green 2TB | Windows 10 Professional X64 | TM HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedal