diecastbg

Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List  

4719 members have voted

1. 1. Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DCS C-17 Globemaster? Can I get an AMEN!!!

Boeing_C-17-Globemaster-III.jpg

With logistics now modelled.. All we need are crate-able units for logistics, things that include;

1- Vikhr boxes

2- Rockets (S-type Russian, and M151 (or whatever) for US)

3- Mk-80's series

4- Maverick racks or boxes

5- Tanks (Combined arms + C-17 drop would be a huge jawbreaker for any of us!!!)

6- GAU-8 munition drums or 2K12 for the shark and the hog, as well as .50 cal magazine boxes for P-51 and the like for UH-1H.

or on a more (general) view: Loading up the master with trucks of munition, fuel, and ammo, as well as command trucks.

With that in mind, lets talk about the interior design of compartments, the release interface (obviously rail or , the loading interface (such as missile carts or armament loaders, stackers and trailers), the capacity and fuel management interface, and the crew stations interface. Am I missing something?

2-abrams-loading.jpg

You can fit anything inside a C-17... I MEAN ANYTHING!!!!

39893_1297839582.jpg

It doesn't have to be 100% authentic, but I'm sure flight dynamics come into play. I look at it as something of monstrosity, grandeur, and pride. We can practically drop zillions of bombs (perhaps carpet bomb) enemy strongholds or even influence combined arms in someway by logistic and strategic unloading of units.

fVck the bombs.. We can use those paratroopers AK and RPG as parachute-able units. Afterall, they are paratroopers, right?

Oh, and something to inspire:

Problem is, the takeoff speed may require altering or even elongating the runway distances for default fields, something worth mentioning.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Problem is, the takeoff speed may require altering or even elongating the runway distances for default fields, something worth mentioning.

What are you going to use to fly in the crew and equipment to lengthen the runways? ;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

The airbase where I work has c-17s and they can be seen practicing combat patterns, landings and drops. Sometimes I think that just because the c-17 has a stick instead of a yoke they like to pretend its a fighter Haha.

Not sure of the validity of this story but I heard when we proposed the c-17 to the Canadians we told them it was good to go for unpaved runways... While it is possible to operate in those conditions the repeated beating from gravel and rocks can tear up the composite doors. I work in the structure shop and we have a great advanced composite facility and being the good neibors that we are, we let the Canadians use are facilities to repaire their doors that look like Swiss cheese.

What are you going to use to fly in the crew and equipment to lengthen the runways? ;)

strap-on rocketsssssss :D

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

2-abrams-loading.jpg

You can fit anything inside a C-17... I MEAN ANYTHING!!!!

Think this is a C-5. I was a crew chief on 17s for six years and if my memory serves me correct, only one M1 can be transported at a time on a 17.

I would love to play DCS C-17, but if you want to make it realistic, Eagle Dynamics is going to have to create a bar in the game where all the heavy crews can get blacked out drunk.

I would love to play DCS C-17, but if you want to make it realistic, Eagle Dynamics is going to have to create a bar in the game where all the heavy crews can get blacked out drunk.

Now that would be taking things to a new level... the future is bright indeed for DCS ;)

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

That at the moment it is a bit uneven and the Americans certainly need something a bit more modern than the F-15C. Something that can keep up with the Russian aircraft, so my suggestion to help the poor Americans is......

EUROFIGHTER :)

What do you mean keep up with Russian ones already the F15c is dominate in the multiplayer with so many over kill vs Su27s and the Su33. With that ED is updating Western Hardware and Russian's that need to be updated. It is almost 20 years with the flanker series then lock on and now DCS: Wolrd but they didn't upgrade any flyable Flanker with the modern one. So my friend with F15c with its capable radar and fire and forgot 120c versus the STONE AGE Russian fighters you don't need to worry about keeping up with Russians. Its ED jobs to put at least 4++ generation fighters in DCS world to keep up with the Americans ones !.

:gun_smilie::punk::punk::gun_rifle::gun_rifle:

ac130spectre.thumb.jpg.1e1b18878ca52956d9c9cf916c44f547.jpg

AC-130.thumb.jpg.434079ff792388ae3d02aa3e9864ea0f.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

“Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

We need an F-14 badly so that people can finally start using the Top Gun soundtrack to make hilarious DCS videos.

F-14's have been decommissioned for 18 years.

Dell XPS 8500 Modified

700 Watt PSU

Windows 8 Pro MCE

Intel I7 3770 3.8 GHZ TR (stock)

16GB DDR 3 PC12800

Gigabyte 760 OC 2.0GB

2x 2TB HD

Hahahaha...lolz :megalol:

I just can't wait for DCS F35 Vs DCS F18 super hornet.:pilotfly:

Check this video out:

Bump!

Dell XPS 8500 Modified

700 Watt PSU

Windows 8 Pro MCE

16GB DDR 3 PC12800

Gigabyte 760 OC 2.0GB

2x 2TB HD

The last F-14s were decommissioned in 2006. So unless my math is wrong it's only been 7 years...

http://www.navy.mil/navydata/fact_display.asp?cid=1100&tid=1100&ct=1

I stand corrected Sept 22nd 2006. Must have been D/E/F. That thing was a beast.

Dell XPS 8500 Modified

700 Watt PSU

Windows 8 Pro MCE

16GB DDR 3 PC12800

Gigabyte 760 OC 2.0GB

2x 2TB HD

I stand corrected Sept 22nd 2006. Must have been D/E/F. That thing was a beast.

They only went up to D. There are E and F Hornets though.

My Specs

Asus Maximus Hero IX Z270

i7 7700k @ 4.7GHz

32GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3700MHz DDR4

EVGA RTX 2080Ti

Samsung 960 Evo 1TB M.2 NVME SSD

EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2

Acer XB270HU 144Hz @ 1440p (IPS)

Valve Index

OOOOhhh, I wish I had the Alpha of a Hornet!

Please, please - as a fully-clickable cockpit!!

< http://www.nmusafvirtualtour.com/media/062/B-36J%20Engineer.html >

:) :) :)

:lol:

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p