Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List  

4719 members have voted

1. 1. Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The F-16C Fighting Falcon...:

I can't be waiting for this babe, to ever show up in DCS!

Mistakes, obviously, show us what needs improving. Without mistakes, how would we know what we had to work on!

Making DCS a better place for realism.

Let it be, ED!

The F-16C Fighting Falcon...:

I can't be waiting for this babe, to ever show up in DCS!

I honestly think that it is a little weird that the F-16 has so little votes in this poll considering on how often I see it mentioned/requested in these forums.

My Specs

Asus Maximus Hero IX Z270

i7 7700k @ 4.7GHz

32GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3700MHz DDR4

EVGA RTX 2080Ti

Samsung 960 Evo 1TB M.2 NVME SSD

EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2

Acer XB270HU 144Hz @ 1440p (IPS)

Valve Index

OOOOhhh, I wish I had the Alpha of a Hornet!

I honestly think that it is a little weird that the F-16 has so little votes in this poll considering on how often I see it mentioned/requested in these forums.

I believe cause the F-18E can now offer Carrier Ops..there are alot here looking forward to that..introduction of the Simulation here...

Edited by Double_D

[/Table]

Recruiting for Aerobatic Team/Fighter Group...

What Double_D said, with the addition that after Falcon 4 lasting for so long, some people may want to see something different come out first. I myself would like to see the F-16 make it into DCS (especially with HMS), but I have other aircraft I'd like to see first.

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;
To bottomless perdition, there to dwell; In adamantine chains and penal fire"

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

What Double_D said, with the addition that after Falcon 4 lasting for so long, some people may want to see something different come out first. I myself would like to see the F-16 make it into DCS (especially with HMS), but I have other aircraft I'd like to see first.

Oh I am definitley in the Hornet/Rhino group. Just thought more would want the F-16. Either way I want all of these aircraft [in the poll] in the game. The more the merrier!

My Specs

i7 7700k @ 4.7GHz

EVGA RTX 2080Ti

EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2

Valve Index

Oh I am definitley in the Hornet/Rhino group. Just thought more would want the F-16. Either way I want all of these aircraft [in the poll] in the game. The more the merrier!

Me to, every single one of these aircraft would be sitting in my virtual hanger. Hopefully as ED programs each fighter, they can reuse things to help make the releases go quicker. I imagine many of these fighters have similar radar screens, MFD pages and targeting pods. That has to count for something in shaving off time on development.

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

64716_696403260376852_489756741_n_zps85add77f.jpg

Seems legit:detective:

+1. I am for the Rhino in the F version because just in case no one has or will notice, I am an Aussie and Australian has the F/A-18F and I wish to fly as my country. I would also love the rest of the aircraft but the F/A-18F is my number one even though it is not on the list. (F/A-18E would still be cool but I would love the F model).

I have not read very many of the posts in other threads but I seem to be the only Aussie here asking for Australia.

P.s. Who is the best person to ask about getting Australian Incorporated into DCS?

I like Pi. :pilotfly:

Go the RAAF!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

+1. I am for the Rhino in the F version because just in case no one has or will notice, I am an Aussie and Australian has the F/A-18F and I wish to fly as my country. I would also love the rest of the aircraft but the F/A-18F is my number one even though it is not on the list. (F/A-18E would still be cool but I would love the F model).

I have not read very many of the posts in other threads but I seem to be the only Aussie here asking for Australia.

P.s. Who is the best person to ask about getting Australian Incorporated into DCS?

I would love the F or even D. I think they are sexier :)

Maybe someone could make a skin for you when the Hornet releases based on the current Aussie Rhino scheme. Or ask cortex designs?

My Specs

i7 7700k @ 4.7GHz

EVGA RTX 2080Ti

EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2

Valve Index

I'd love the F-104 Starfighter, mach 2.6 hellz yeah

ET60-00056.jpg

My youtube channel Remember: the fun is in the fight, not the kill, so say NO! to the AIM-120.

System specs:ROG Maximus XI Hero, Intel I9 9900K, 32GB 3200MHz ram, EVGA 1080ti FTW3, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVME, 27" Samsung SA350 1080p, 27" BenQ GW2765HT 1440p, ASUS ROG PG278Q 1440p G-SYNC

Controls: Saitekt rudder pedals,Virpil MongoosT50 throttle, warBRD base, CM2 stick, TrackIR 5+pro clip, WMR VR headset.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What do you mean?

They are making the F/A-18E. Maybe ask them for skinning of RAAF birds whenever they release that

My Specs

i7 7700k @ 4.7GHz

EVGA RTX 2080Ti

EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2

Valve Index

Lightning II. I'm starting to like this new kid on the block.

On Monday I had the pleasure of meeting and joining a RNLAF major on a civilian flight, who is flight test engineer for the JSF.

For Falcon, there's already the great Falcon BMS 4.32 community.

Super Hornet and Strike Eagle are already in the making for DCS: World.

Tomcat would be my 2nd choice because of it's iconic variable sweep-wing design and interesting flight characteristics. IRIS may be doing it I hope ... they did a good job for FSX.

Edited by Hans-Joachim Marseille

The F-18E is a shoe in. There has NEVER been a good sim with carrier ops properly modeled. DCS could be the guy that gets it right.

However, my vote was for the F-15E. It's still a very relevant aircraft, and the WSO element would add a unique feature to multiplayer gaming. It would be really cool to fly as a pair.

i7 - 9700k | EVGA 1080Ti | 32 DDR4 RAM | 750w PS | TM Warthog HOTAS/X-55 | Track IR 5 |

The first four aircraft were created with the original thread, the second four were added much much later, hence the reason so few people have voted for them in comparison.

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

What ever it is, it shouldn't be the F35 or an aircraft about which little information is publicly available. If we want high fidelity it's going to have to be legacy.

I think an F4 Phantom and A6E Intruder, or F-105 would be AWESOME in a Vietnam mod. Especially now that we have the Huey.

i7 - 9700k | EVGA 1080Ti | 32 DDR4 RAM | 750w PS | TM Warthog HOTAS/X-55 | Track IR 5 |

I think an F4 Phantom and A6E Intruder, or F-105 would be AWESOME in a Vietnam mod. Especially now that we have the Huey.

The A-6 would be awesome, just like the F-4 (especially with the newly announced engine smoke trails). The soon-to-be-released MiG-21Bis would be a worthy opponent for the F-4. The Vietnam jungle may prove to be a framerate killer though.

The A-6 would be awesome, just like the F-4 (especially with the newly announced engine smoke trails). The soon-to-be-released MiG-21Bis would be a worthy opponent for the F-4.

Definitely would like an F-4. A "G" because you have the SEAD option but she still has everything the "E" has (just with upgraded radar/avionics and HARMs for the SEAD role). Granted the "G" wasn't in Vietnam, but neither was the Bis and I think the "G" model would be a better opponent for the Bis.

In addition to Vietnam scenarios, when ED puts out the Nevada map mission designers can do Arab-Israeli conflict scenarios (obviously using one's imagination of Nevada being the middle east). Granted we need a real ME map, but I can make do with Nevada until that happens.

The Vietnam jungle may prove to be a framerate killer though.

Might there be a work around for that? Maybe with the really thick jungle have them modeled as a large single object over the terrain that just looks like a mass of trees from the top and sides?

Can't land a helicopter or move vehicles through the really thick stuff anyway, just have infantry go through it and make it to where ordinance can still hit them inside the tree object (with decreased damage and dispersion to simulate terrain and trees getting in the way). Chopper landings and vehicles could be done on roads, clearing and paddies.

This is of course coming from someone who has only taken a few Java and C# classes, I'm probably completely off on this approach doing any good.

In addition to Vietnam scenarios, when ED puts out the Nevada map mission designers can do Arab-Israeli conflict scenarios (obviously using one's imagination of Nevada being the middle east).

I think that's indeed more likely to happen than a Vietnam scenario. Not really sure how Orbx models Vietnam in FSX/Prepar3d, but as far as realistic simulated scenery they would act as my benchmark. Photorealistic scenery (aerial photographs transposed onto mesh) looks nice from above, but hideous at (chopper) ground level. FTX Papua-New Guinea may act as reference for map possibilities, but missing the Vietnam-typical rice paddies; http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/60953-ftx-global-papua-new-guinea/.

Edited by Hans-Joachim Marseille