Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

diecastbg

Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List  

4719 members have voted

1. 1. Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

However, even with those advances, the underlying code is still decades old and a DCS F-16 would make BMS Falcon show its true age, especially in the flight model category.

Not to degrade this thread any further, but to be fair, their flight model is quite good, at least for the alpha and beta values that the NASA data they use covers, which encompasses the whole range encountered during controlled flight (and more, IIRC high negative alpha is the one thing that was truly missing while i flew it). They completely replaced the original F4 flight model.

Edited by sobek

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What better party to release the DCS: F-16 than BMS themselves!

Lockheed? Lol

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I dont mind weighing in on this, I have always tried to maintain a clear and honest relationship with you guys and this is the same when it comes to things like the F-16

As Sith quoted said earlier BMS is not a single knockout blow to us as a dev looking to make a Viper, We wouldnt shy away from an aircraft because it is being done in another sim.

However it would be a lie to say that it isnt a concern, when selecting aircraft for development we have to weigh in EVERYTHING.

Regarding the F-16 specifically, Yes I did look at it and I made the decision that VEAO will not be doing one.

Some of the reasons as follows

• Access to Aircraft
  • Access to Aircrew
  • Locality of resources
  • Interest within the development team**
  • VEAO Mantra
  • Classification Issues
  • BMS
  • Complexity of Aircraft

** I always plays a very very high importance on this, We do not develop aircraft that we are not personally passionate about. People have to enjoy their work and I stand by this on any project.

To list just a few of the issues that have to be considered for something like this to even get to the modular planning stage.

So yes BMS is an issue, but there are so many other issues that weigh in.

As Sobek also said, the other point is why do an F-16 when we can do something that isnt as well simulated? Like the Typhoon, Gripen and Rafale.

Also we have to bear in mind that we have Military contracts and connections we have to bear in mind, what potential is there for us to use any F-16 in a military contract? Sadly the answer is almost none.

This isnt meant to be an exhaustive list of reasons but some insight into some of the things that I have to consider before something makes it onto the roadmap.

Pman

• Like 1

• ED Team

• Interest within the development team**

** I always plays a very very high importance on this, We do not develop aircraft that we are not personally passionate about. People have to enjoy their work and I stand by this on any project.

Not many people think about this, but I bet its pretty huge, why work on something you wouldnt enjoy, makes total sense...

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Why on earth would you ever consider doing an F-16 when there is soooo many other awesome aircraft that would far better benefit this sim, like a Cessna 172 for example. That would add soooo much more immersion rather than some stupid viper that might actually be able to accomplish some sort of SEAD capability on the blue side. Your logic astounded me sir....

Why on earth would you ever consider doing an F-16 when there is soooo many other awesome aircraft that would far better benefit this sim, like a Cessna 172 for example. That would add soooo much more immersion rather than some stupid viper that might actually be able to accomplish some sort of SEAD capability on the blue side. Your logic astounded me sir....

Glad to see you approve of our reasoning :)

Pman

Seems the logic is lost on you, the only alternative to an F-16 is a Cessna, I think you must be living in a smaller bubble than the Falcon 4.0 DC.

As for 'blue' capability I'm sure the upcoming F/A-18 can do anything an F-16 can.

Edited by Frostie

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

Seems the logic is lost on you, the only alternative to an F-16 is a Cessna, I think you must be living in a smaller bubble than the Falcon 4.0 DC.

As for 'blue' capability I'm sure the upcoming F/A-18 can do anything an F-16 can.

More! Carrier starts and landings for example!

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I'll add this...why the F-16? Because it's what the customer wants and what will sell! I'm thinking that's not a strange concept. I assume that still matters in the business world and I'm sure developers are pretty interested in producing a product that sells and creates an interest in DCS World as a whole. 461 or 11.36% of the voters would love to see the F-16 and believe that it will take DCS to a new level, just as it did for BMS and just as the A-10C did for DCS. Not to mention 90% of all the voters will more than probably...no, correction...WILL for sure purchase the module. So you can produce the F11F-1 Tiger or the Cessna 172 because you enjoy the work but I'm pretty sure you're not going to get a lot of attention with it and it's not going to do much for your bottom line.

By the way I'm a big supporter of the Eurofighter and Rafale as well and think they would be extremely popular but if you think it's hard to get info or talk to personnel associated with the F-16... The F1 Mirage or the GR9/AV-8 Harrier would be nice additions. How do you guys feel about either of them? :)

DCS needs two aircraft ASAP:

1. FA/18 - multi role fighter ie. air superiority, attack, SAM suppression (Growler I think) - its got it all

2. AH64 or AH1 - we need a proper western attack helicopter.

Everything else can wait. :)

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super

Or Typhoon? Multirole plus better missiles (Meteor), HMD and, well, I love it.

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I'll add this...why the F-16? Because it's what the customer wants and what will sell! I'm thinking that's not a strange concept. I assume that still matters in the business world and I'm sure developers are pretty interested in producing a product that sells and creates an interest in DCS World as a whole. 461 or 11.36% of the voters would love to see the F-16 and believe that it will take DCS to a new level, just as it did for BMS and just as the A-10C did for DCS. Not to mention 90% of all the voters will more than probably...no, correction...WILL for sure purchase the module. So you can produce the F11F-1 Tiger or the Cessna 172 because you enjoy the work but I'm pretty sure you're not going to get a lot of attention with it and it's not going to do much for your bottom line.

By the way I'm a big supporter of the Eurofighter and Rafale as well and think they would be extremely popular but if you think it's hard to get info or talk to personnel associated with the F-16... The F1 Mirage or the GR9/AV-8 Harrier would be nice additions. How do you guys feel about either of them? :)

I can only speak for VEAO and the decision that we make regarding the modules that we invest in and proceed to develop.

We are not interested in the Mirage F1, its not within our field of expertise or interest. I gave some reasons about the F16 in my post above, This isnt a decision that we will be revisiting without a military contract pushing for it, Really is as simple as that. Although commercial viability of course has to be considered it is not the principle aspect for us.

Perhaps another of the 3rd parties may be interested in doing it, I really have no idea, but I dont expect so.

As for Harrier, we are looking at the SeaHarrier as it fits in with other things we are doing, like the Falklands map

There are numerous other aircraft that may make a better financial investment but as I said before we will only undertake projects that are we are passionate about. Thats our bottom line

Pman

I can only speak for VEAO and the decision that we make regarding the modules that we invest in and proceed to develop.

We are not interested in the Mirage F1, its not within our field of expertise or interest.

What possible alternatives could you offer I wonder.. *Cough*Buccaneer*Jag*Cough* ;)

The good news for us all is this, ED are no longer alone. We now have several third party companies that have already proven they can offer aircraft of the same standard and so we will see new aircraft more frequently. As the DCS customer base slowly builds I am sure we'll only see that list of developers grow. We'd all love an F-16, but what is the rush really? We have an F-18c and a Eurofighter Typhoon coming in the not so distant future, I mean come on, how Awesome is that!!

DCS World is getting better and better all the time, what we require is a little patience. Eventually the right team will be in the right place to develop the F-16, if they aren't already behind the scenes. Until that time, lets try and enjoy the other offerings coming our way. I'm overjoyed by almost everything in development... I can't wait to fly the Tucano for instance, and that is the real joy of DCS World, soon enough there will be something for everybody.

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

The Jag and the Bucc would be awesome but........ Wil it blen.......... sell and make a profit to justify it??

Edited by joey45

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Wow!! that sonic boom literally made me jump out the chair!

My rig specs:

Intel Core i7 4770 @3.4Ghz // Corsair 16GB DDR3 // MoBo Asus Z87K // HDD 1TB 7200RPM // eVGA Nvidia GTX 760GT 2GB DDR5 // LG 3D 47" 1920x1080 // Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS // Saitek Combat Pro Pedals // Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack // PS3 Eye + FTNOIR

Huh? What's this F/A-18 thing you speak of Frostie? Enlighten me as I've only heard rumors of its existence, akin to Bigfoot and the lochness monster....

Edited by hollywoodvillain

Search for EDGE on the official updates forum and go through the most recent pictures... ;)

Shagrat

Huh? What's this F/A-18 thing you speak of Frostie? Enlighten me as I've only heard rumors of its existence, akin to Bigfoot and the lochness monster....

She prefers the name Loch Ness monster and she's doing fine thanks. ;)

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=129630

DCS: F/A-18C Hornet Update

Perhaps the most eagerly awaited DCS module, the Hornet, is indeed in progress... it really does exist! More so than any other of our past and current projects though, the Hornet requires a massive amount of work, not just the creating of the art assets and programming of the cockpit functions, but also a great deal of research, design documentation, building of supersonic aircraft flight dynamics (F-15C with BST and Su-27 have been helping to create this technology), acquiring source data, and creating several new technologies like air-to-surface radar.

In addition to the actual aircraft, there are other elements that need to be created such as an improved Nimitz-class aircraft carrier, much better carrier operations, and a new combat theater map tailored to this aircraft.

We hear you and realize that many of you are very anxious and looking forward to hearing more about this project. As we get closer to an early beta, we will be discussing this more.

Here are some very early images of the cockpit.

Hornet-1.jpg

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

nah mate, I still stick with my two:

1. FA/18 Super Hornet

2. AH64 Apache (or AH1 Cobra)

We can't forget the attack helicopter scene. Lots of folks (me included) love being down in the weeds.

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super