diecastbg

Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List  

4719 members have voted

1. 1. Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well what plane do you need in the Straits of Hormuz?

Well...

Since in theory you can model conflicts from 1965 through present... Every Aircraft made since the End of WWII...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

F-4E Phantom II

Goes fast ☑

Fighter ☑

Attack ☑

SEAD ☑

Carrier Operations ☑

Radar ☑

American ☑

Modern ☐

Out on DCS ☐

DCS: F-4E really needs to be a thing!!!!!!

Aircraft: A-10C, Ka-50, UH-1H, MiG-21, F-15C, Su-27, MiG-29, A-10A, Su-25, Su-25T, TF-51

• 2 weeks later...

AV-8B Harrier

Hi guys,

I simply would like to suggest that at some stage we get to fly the AV-8B Harrier with a fully interactive cockpit. That would be awesome! If you guys think the same then you might want to say a word or two to support this quest.

Cheers

Huge DCS fan!

Alpenwolf

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

RAZBAM are in the making of doing the AV-8B and the GR7/9...

RAZBAM?! Never heard of 'em. Are they connected to DCS? If not, flying the Harrier in a separate simulator would kinda make players limited to only flying it.

Thanks for replying.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

An X-Wing Fighter or a Colonial Viper would be nice... :megalol:

Honestly, the biggest issue with modern military Aircraft is the secrecy about specs and systems... Indeed it would be nice to have a brand new year 2010 jet, modeled to DCS standards.

Yet just the performance details and specs for just the flight model are usually secret and not publicly available.

When it comes to avionics and weapon systems it gets worse.

So an F-35 may be "looking" like an F-35 in Sim, but it is highly unlikely it performs or handles like in real life or that the systems can be modeled to DCS standards...

We may get a FC3 level SFM with a mockup weapons/systems model, but at least for myself, it won't be tempting me unless it gets at least an AFM/EFM to at least handle like a realistic F-35.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Good point and you're never going to get a super accurate sim of a jet fighter which is currently in service, they are always going to be approximations. Only the real pilots and engineers/designers know how the planes actually perform in real life. So F/A-18E or F-35 just make a good sim to play I say. They both have highly classified systems and it's never going to be 100% accurate.

Ed

Good point and you're never going to get a super accurate sim of a jet fighter which is currently in service, they are always going to be approximations. Only the real pilots and engineers/designers know how the planes actually perform in real life. So F/A-18E or F-35 just make a good sim to play I say. They both have highly classified systems and it's never going to be 100% accurate.

we also have to realise this is a game/sim thats developed in Russia (I understand). I doubt the USAF or McDonnell/Douglas would happily hand over current specs to anyone, much less someone ringing from Moscow and with a russian accent! :megalol:

Besides, how are we to know whether something is exact or not? 99% of us (I'm guessing) will never step foot in an FA/18 cockpit much less go through fast jet training on it to be able to say 'hey Mr Dev, you're wrong in this point'. :thumbup:

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super

F-35 Lightning II for DCS could be something new which would spark more interest in the series, no one has done this aircraft before, unlike the F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-22 which have all been done before.

Why would you want a jet in a game that we know nothing about how it's systems work? No one knows how it will do in actual combat or it's combat loadout's/what can it carry? At least with the other jets you mentioned, we know a little bit about them. F-16 and F-18 should be added before the F-22 or -35.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

DCS always was about "accurate" simulation. The 90% plus approach.

What an F-35 could offer is a 50% approach, if even that.

Even most of the glass screens displays would be pure speculation...

So why not speculate about the performance of an X-Wing and make that as well?

There was this guy who wanted to do a "F-35" for DCS as 3rd party. He asked on the forums what the people think... though I disliked the overall attitude and insulting tone of the feedback, it made something pretty clear: very few people would have wanted a wild guess of a plane to pseudo DCS standards.

I'm sure even the A-10C is not 100% but it goes a long way to make an "as accurate as possible" approach...

That is what most people expect from DCS.

If somebody wants to do an F-35, go ahead, get a license, get clearance from the USAF and Pentagon, go for a third party contract and see how many people finally buy it. See it as an adventure...

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Prepar3D has both the F-22 and the F-35, and all I can say is 'meh'. Arcadish comes to mind.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

F-35 Lightning II for DCS could be something new which would spark more interest in the series, no one has done this aircraft before, unlike the F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-22 which have all been done before.

Actually, Dino Cattaneo has made an excellent rendition of all three F-35 variants for FSX Acceleration and PREPAR3D. It can be viewed and downloaded at http://indiafoxtecho.blogspot.com/.

Motherboard ASUSTek TUF Z390-PLUS GAMING (WI-FI)

Processor Intel i5 9400

Memory VENGENCE PRO RGB 32GB

Video Card # 1 GIGABYTE NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX1660 6GB GDDR6

Power Supply Thermaltake GOLD 850 RGB

Sound Card NVIDIA HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO

Monitor 1. Vizio 32" 2. Samsung 32" 3. Samsung 32"

Operating System Windows 10 64 Bit build 19035.1

I'm not saying one can't make a F-35, just I doubt it would be to DCS standard other than the external 3D model...?

Even the A-10C we have in DCS is a considerable old block version, with old LightningII TGP, no HMD etc.

Now consider the F-35 is still in development what Block version could make it into a DCS level Sim?

Have a look at: http://wiki.scramble.nl/index.php/Lockheed_Martin_F-35_Lightning_II#Software_blocks

Shagrat

I'm not saying one can't make a F-35, just I doubt it would be to DCS standard other than the external 3D model...?

Even the A-10C we have in DCS is a considerable old block version, with old LightningII TGP, no HMD etc.

Now consider the F-35 is still in development what Block version could make it into a DCS level Sim?

Have a look at: http://wiki.scramble.nl/index.php/Lockheed_Martin_F-35_Lightning_II#Software_blocks

True it's probably better as a Flaming Cliffs type plane, but FC3 is part of DCS. I wouldn't mind something like Flaming Cliffs 4 with some more modern planes, F-35 is a bit out there for now just an idea, but Super Hornet, Typhoon, Rafale, Su-35 would be great to have in the game. And would add a new dimension IMO. I like the A-10C type sim but I also like a more relaxed fun type sim, but still with good flight models and realistic weapons. My 2c.

Ed

VEAO is currently working on a Typhoon (Eurofighter)... Seems they will be able to do a early block version... With some tweaks to the flight model.

I'm very curious how they handle things like PIRATE, DASS, etc.

High hopes, as they are working close with the UK air force, still many things highly classified sure won't make it into the Sim I fear...

But a plane that have got its first operational Block version last year? I wonder if that's possible...

Shagrat

• 2 weeks later...

Not listed,but someday would love to see an F-8 Crusader created for DCS,oh boy dream on,I know :music_whistling:

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home