diecastbg

Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List  

4719 members have voted

1. 1. Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I had a penny for every "I want an F-16" post on the ED forums... I'd have a buttload of pennies.

Yeah I can remember at least one other thread dedicated to asking for an F-16. It got merged into the wishlist thread, as I'm sure this one will. :D

As much as I would reeeally love an F-16, I think we would have too many modern US planes and not enough Russian or various International ones.

EDIT: (Although I guess the F-16 is very International is use, but still I think we need a more diverse field of aircraft first)

Edited by Ultra

My ultimate dream jet for DCS would be an F-111

Well maybe you can be the one to make it happen. Australia's old F-111s which were not broken into scrap are now in museums.

Aviation Historical Society of the Northern Territory (Winnellie NT)

Evans Head Memorial Aerodrome Heritage Aviation Association (Evans Head NSW)

Fighter World (Williamtown NSW)

Historical Aircraft Restoration Society (Albion Park Rail NSW)

Queensland Air Museum (Caloundra QLD)

South Australian Aviation Museum (Port Adelaide SA)

Someone would have to take the reference photos and get the 3D model made. That is before anything else can happen.

• Like 1

F-16 would be epic of epicness.

I don't know why ED rejects so much money from F-16 lovers.

Currently there is no good F-16 sim around which would simulate something more than cockpit buttons.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Well, I have experience with FSX planes and sceneries. If no one takes over I'm going to kickstart a project for a DCS F-16.

I wonder if there's any license issues or if Wags is going to allow it

My rig specs:

Intel Core i7 4770 @3.4Ghz // Corsair 16GB DDR3 // MoBo Asus Z87K // HDD 1TB 7200RPM // eVGA Nvidia GTX 760GT 2GB DDR5 // LG 3D 47" 1920x1080 // Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS // Saitek Combat Pro Pedals // Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack // PS3 Eye + FTNOIR

First post, hello world..!

I'd really like to have F-16 in DCS. It might even serve BMS folks actually? Learning BMS Falcon is a huge work, DCS F-16 would serve to teach people how to fly that bird, which could lower the entry barrier for BMS.

And yes, we would indeed need a full sim for Mig-29. At least for me, these two aircrafts are the most iconic crafts around, most likely because I grew up playing Falcon 3.0.

There's an FB-111A near me. These "reference photos" - I'm assuming they are particular angles, subjects and with some form of measuring scheme, right?

I'd be game to working with the museum to get photos if ED or a dev is interested.

Dogs of War Squadron

Call sign "HeadHunter" P-51D /Spitfire Jockey

Gigabyte EP45T-UD3LR /Q9650 3.6Ghz | 16GB DDR3 1600 RipJaws | EVGA GTX-1060 ACX3 FTW | ThrustMaster 16000m & G13 GamePad w/analog rudder stick | TurtleBeach EarForce PX22 | Track IR5 | Vizio 40" 4K TV monitor (stuck temporarily with an Acer 22" :( )

If they just made a DCS F-16 and DCS SU-27SM the world would be a better place and ED would have more money than they would know what to do with. There wouldn't be any need for sales anymore because most people would be always willing to buy them at full price all the time. Just thinking out loud.

First post, hello world..!

I'd really like to have F-16 in DCS. It might even serve BMS folks actually? Learning BMS Falcon is a huge work, DCS F-16 would serve to teach people how to fly that bird, which could lower the entry barrier for BMS.

And yes, we would indeed need a full sim for Mig-29. At least for me, these two aircrafts are the most iconic crafts around, most likely because I grew up playing Falcon 3.0.

Who in the whole world is going to learn to use a F-16 in DCS World to later move to BMS wich the only advantage versus DCS is the dynamic campaign and more scenarios ( there are multiple scenarios coming to DCS in the following months, so the only advantage should be the campaign ) ???

:cry::cry:

From what I have seen, devs get interested when all the stars align and they have in their hands something they can work with. One of those things is going to be a DCS-ready model with many parts and components already rigged.

Realistically you have to take a long view of these things. If you want to see an F-111 any work you undertake now, might be the catalyst for a module appearing in the future. Maybe the F-111 will never be a DCS module because the people who own the copyright say No ... but take a long view ... it seems inevitable that all cool aircraft must be eventually be virtualised. It must happen. So yes photos are required but specifically I refer to Photogrammetry which is the technique that is emerging as a very powerful way to help create 3d assets of very fidelity.

Photogrammetry is when you take photos and process them in a way so that dimensional and color and lighting information can be extracted from them. It requires a technical approach but it can be learned and if you are interested in the subject matter it probably makes a hell of a hobby. Of course the actual 3D model for DCS will still be put together the old fashioned way but having photogrammatic resources will be VERY handy. It becomes possible for artists somewhere else in the world to recreate that object down to the individual scratches on dials and dents in panels just using your reference model and photographic assets.

So yeah photos ...but we are talking about serious amounts of photos.

I'm going to go and have a look at my nearest F-111 too. Not sure if I'm ready to take a thousand+ photos yet :) but maybe I'll be inspired. Or maybe I'll find that someone else is in the process of doing it or has already done it.

It does not have something.

Viper is uber epic, live volcano of epicness. It has soul, history and is most spreaded plane over the world. One of the most produced too, weird it is still not done while we see some exotics around.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

The Bug can do most of the things the Viper can so that should cover us well for SEAD/DEAD etc.

:smartass: But the Viper can do those things better than all...:D That's what the

says anyway. I was running low on my "Dos Gringos" daily reference.

27 countries are or have used it. Over 20 different versions ( I think Mig-21 is one of the few aircraft with more versions) From block 10 to 60. Every country has a different configuration in some way or another. From Air Defense Fighter (ADF) to low altitude long range strike aircraft.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

• ED Team

Thread cleaned.

This thread/forum is about DCS World, as such all topics should focus on DCS, no other sim is relevant when talking about DCS and what modules people would like to see here. Please keep all the other simulator/game discussion out of this thread and forum.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png