diecastbg

Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List  

4719 members have voted

1. 1. Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eurofighter is too secret. Dunno what Japan would be doing in the Black sea but that's just my opinion. Personally I don't want a Saab. Tornado is the only one of the bunch that I would like and might actually happen. It almost certainly won't but never mind. Eurofighter would be cool in some way's but I don't really like it. Dunno why.

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

Right, one of the world's most advanced jet fighters. No not that secret. We'll give out the plans to anyone we meet in the street. DCS do a lot of detail in their sims. Some of it will be classified.

I'm sure someone said this in the 265 page thread but a f/a-18 sim with mutiple versions would be great. It would reintroduce carrier ops to a better potential. I don't understand why the f-35, f-22 are in the poll, its way to late but they should have put f-16, Mirage, Su-27, Su-25 or just some planes that are still in operation and ED would be allowed to make a good detailed sim from it. My top 2 choices would be a f/a-18 sim with mutiple variants and a f-16 sim with mutiple variants. If its a fighter Ill buy it. Espicially a multirole.

Edited by KillarZ

I'm sure someone said this in the 265 page thread but a f/a-18 sim with mutiple versions would be great. It would reintroduce carrier ops to a better potential. I don't understand why the f-35, f-22 are in the poll, its way to late but they should have put f-16, Mirage, Su-27, Su-25 or just some planes that are still in operation and ED would be allowed to make a good detailed sim from it. My top 2 choices would be a f/a-18 sim with mutiple variants and a f-16 sim with mutiple variants. If its a fighter Ill buy it. Espicially a multirole.

angree:D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

Well we've all pretty much reached a consensus that it won't and would be incredibly stupid for ED to do an F-16 sim since you can go play Falcon 4 if you want that. Why waste their time doing another one?

I consider it a vastly overrated airframe, don't know why it's painted as such a Hollywood superstar by the sim world...

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well we've all pretty much reached a consensus that it won't and would be incredibly stupid for ED to do an F-16 sim since you can go play Falcon 4 if you want that. Why waste their time doing another one?

I consider it a vastly overrated airframe, don't know why it's painted as such a Hollywood superstar by the sim world...

While Falcon 4 (in its "current version" Allied Force) is a nice sim, you really can't compare the graphical quality (I'm judging from Youtube videos -- I don't own any DCS module).

Nevertheless, the campaign in Falcon 4 is top notch. If ED do make a Falcon module I'll be very interested in seeing how the battle F4 (dated graphics, great campaign) vs. DCS (quality graphics, "static" campaign) fares among the sim enthusiasts.

Oh, and as mentioned here multiple times, the next plane is not determined by whether us (gamers) are interested in it, it's determined by which plane they are making military simulators for. If it were for gamers you wouldn't have Black Shark but rather Apache, Super Cobra or something of the sort (Comanche? :lol:).

I do own Falcon 4 and compared to DCS it's awful. (the graphics) I never flew for long because of a glitch after almost no time. The advantage was a lot more AI units but the campaign is the best bit. Shame the game didn't work. I think a DCS version of an F-16 would beat Falcon easily. Despite this the F-16 has been done before. I think a new airframe that hasn't been done before would be good. UK or european eg. Tornado Gr4

Once upon a Time there was a Game called Eurofighter 2000.

It was for me one of the greatest combat flight simulations. Nice grafic, nice Location and even pressable buttons in the cockpit.

I would like to see a remake of this game or Plane and useable with LOFC2 and BS.

I do own Falcon 4 and compared to DCS it's awful. (the graphics) I never flew for long because of a glitch after almost no time. The advantage was a lot more AI units but the campaign is the best bit. Shame the game didn't work. I think a DCS version of an F-16 would beat Falcon easily. Despite this the F-16 has been done before. I think a new airframe that hasn't been done before would be good. UK or european eg. Tornado Gr4

Yeah, F4 was quite buggy (or so I'm told). Still, I bought Allied Force and have found no bugs or glitches so far. I play it sparingly (1-2 hours per week), but it's been working well in Windows 7 64 bit so far. You might want to give it a try.

DISCLAIMER: I'm not counting the crashes due to ALT+TAB. Those did happen, but once I stopped trying to ALT+TAB everything worked fine.

I've got windows 7 64 bit. I think . Tried reinstalling it. Don't work but never mind. DCS is so much better.

Yeah, I've heard that it's "picky". No hate from me, to each their own. To me the campaign is essential, but the avid followers here show that many others have different tastes :D

Once upon a Time there was a Game called Eurofighter 2000.

It was for me one of the greatest combat flight simulations. Nice grafic, nice Location and even pressable buttons in the cockpit.

I'll second that!

Intel i5-2500k @ 4.4GHz w/ H70 liquid cooler, ASRock PRO3-M Z68 Mobo, 32G 1600Mhz Mushkin RAM, EVGA GTX970 4GB , OCZ Agility 3 128g SSD, SanDisk 240g SSD, Win7 64-bit

--Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/livingfood --

Funny. I only just noticed this thread. And I WILL CALMING ASK THIS: WHY ISN'T THE F-15 ON THERE?!

You've been here since march 2010, so if you haven't heard about the F-15C in all of the LockOn games, then you must've been under a pretty large rock.:lol:

Anyway I think the f-22 would be sick. Not simply because "Ooh wow dude the F22 is like UBER AWESOME" but because I would thoroughly enjoy a sim putting you in the cockpit of the best fighter in the world. I also really want to fly the PAK FA, but we'll have to wait on that one.

I *highly* doubt it will be any kind of aircraft with an extremely limited (F-22) or non-existent (F-15C) ground attack role, simply because so much effort has been put into the ground warfare aspect of the game that it would be, well, really boring to just fly circles in a CAP sortie waiting for a blip on radar.

Air interdiction can be accomplished by other fighters that also have ground attack capabilities. That's why the bets are generally around F/A-18, F-15E, F-16. And I'd like F-35 but that won't happen for obvious reasons.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah, I didn't notice the A-10 in LockOn either.

You've been here since march 2010, so if you haven't heard about the F-15C in all of the LockOn games, then you must've been under a pretty large rock.:lol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

This poll should be by aircraft types first and then after someone win, choose the aircraft of this type.

Anti_Submarine aircraft, Fighter-bomber, Ground-attack aircraft, Attack helicopter, Stealth helicopter, Strike fighter, AWACS aircraft, Heavy bomber, Maritime patrol aircraft, Medium bomber, Strategic bomber, Tactical bomber, Bomber destroyer, Emergency fighter, scort fighter, Light fighter, Strike fighter, Military tanker aircraft, Patrol aircraft, Reconnaissance aircraft, Scout plane, Scout plane, Cargo aircraft[...]

Because if the winner of the poll got their way, we'd all rightly be playing: DCS: MQ-1.

You don't fly the drone, you fly this thing:

mq-1_predator_controls_2007-08-07lite.jpg

:D

PS: lol drone pilots in flight suits, gtfo.

Roger we have missile lock on the milk float....:joystick:

Intel i5 3.2 ghz

8 GB crucial ram

gtx 660 superclocked 2gb

500watt corsair psu

win7 64bit

extreme pro

track ir5

Turtle beach x12