diecastbg

Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List  

4719 members have voted

1. 1. Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's where having the single-seater would be good... Having both airframes available as flyable would be good for those that want a single seat jet, and those that want a 2 seater. I would definitely fly both, and on MP servers you could have a good mix of both. Sure you'd have to learn the backseat somehow, but I'm also sure that with the ED powers, they could create a good training pack that would allow you to learn the backseat systems without the crappy AI flying the plane. Or, fly it MP with someone in a training map to learn the systems. I bet they could figure something out for it to make everyone happy.

A-10C - FC3 - CA - L-39 - UH1 - P-51 - Hawk - BS2 - F-86 - Gazelle - F-5E - AV8B - F/A-18C

i5-4590 - GTX 1060 - Oculus CV1 - TM:Warthog

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic9979_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

That's where having the single-seater would be good... Having both airframes available as flyable would be good for those that want a single seat jet, and those that want a 2 seater. I would definitely fly both, and on MP servers you could have a good mix of both. Sure you'd have to learn the backseat somehow, but I'm also sure that with the ED powers, they could create a good training pack that would allow you to learn the backseat systems without the crappy AI flying the plane. Or, fly it MP with someone in a training map to learn the systems. I bet they could figure something out for it to make everyone happy.

The backseat systems will be the same as the front-seat one.

The most important thing about a back-seat is you can take someone out for training and evaluation as an ip. Or in RL having the front seat pilot only worry about piloting the jet is a plus.

Knowing ED though, I doubt they will module it, although they can easily.

The backseater in the F-18F, or F-15E isn't an instructor. Those are Navigator/Weapons System Operators. In the case of the F/A-18E, the systems and things it can do as a single seat, in real life, are nowhere near what the F/A-18F can do. The training is completely different, and even what the pilots are allowed to do real life is very different. I don't have the information infront of me, but a friend of mine was a Plane Captain (crew chief) on the Super Hornet and he told me. I'll see if I can get more info from him, but he's with the Blue Angels now.

A-10C - FC3 - CA - L-39 - UH1 - P-51 - Hawk - BS2 - F-86 - Gazelle - F-5E - AV8B - F/A-18C

i5-4590 - GTX 1060 - Oculus CV1 - TM:Warthog

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic9979_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

My fave bird is the F16. But I would vote for the Hornet, just because it NEEDS to come with carrier ops and a new theater. Also I would love to see the AC-130U "Spooky" after that. It would be awesome to fly that beast, shoot ground targets, transport troops, equipment etc. and make the angel flare when you're about to land or takeoff. It's fun to me, and it's a diffferent aircraft from all the previous releases.

Seriously? People are complaining about the ability to model a 2-seater with a WSO. You'd like them to do an accurate simulation of a gunship with a 12-man crew? Even if you took out the "grunt" positions, you have a pilot, copilot, EW officer, fire-control officer, TV operator and FLIR operator that would all need to be modelled. That's... a bit much. Especially for an aircraft with a very limited mission profile and capability for operation in only the most forgiving AA environment.

I want to see aan F-15E Strike Eagle sim

We all do :)

Except for those F/A-18-C heathens who want to play a game with a jet with only half the munitions capability, 30% less speed, half the power, and a fraction of the fuel capacity.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Except for those F/A-18-C heathens who want to play a game with a jet with only half the munitions capability, 30% less speed, half the power, and a fraction of the fuel capacity.

+1 all the way

"It's amazing, even at the Formula 1 level how many drivers still think the brakes are for slowing the car down."

VF-2 Bounty Hunters

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group 1 | Discord

The B52 or the AC-130 Spectre.

More likely though, the Eurofighter please.

+1 eurofighter it has twice the power of an f16, look it up.

Intel i5 3.2 ghz

8 GB crucial ram

gtx 660 superclocked 2gb

500watt corsair psu

win7 64bit

extreme pro

track ir5

Turtle beach x12

Interesting EADS Spainsh C-295 transport aircraft converted to mini-AWACS testbelt P-1 Prototype , the radar disk has a dummy for aerodynamic data, photos on EADS Sevilla (Spain).

24mayo2011058.jpg

24mayo2011074.jpg

24mayo2011090.jpg

very interesting design and improvement for that little battlehorse:

Cargo version

Spanish_c-295_-_Brno_Air_Show_september_2008.jpg

Spanish cargo version equipped with air boom

Maritime Patrol Aircraft

800px-C-295_Persuader_%281%29.JPG

Chilean Navy aircraft equiped with Flir, MAD, sonobouis, digital processors and search radar. 6 harpoints for missile and torpedoes no mounted in that flight. Has no paint for that first testing flight.

References: http://minoslas.blogspot.com/2011/05/c-295-demostrador-tecnologico-awacs.html

Edited by Silver_Dragon

the eurofighter also has twice the engines of an f-16. Kind of be fun but i don` really like it. Feel free to call me an idiot for that but hey. AC-130 could be great fun just to pulverize everything u don`t like but theB 52 is too boring for me. Too easy. Thirty years ago or something before they removed the tail gun you could have fun multiplayer but who wants to be a flight engineer on a 12 hour flight, 12 person multiplayer with an AC-130. DANGEROUS when the guy ciontrolling the guns goes crazy.

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

Flyable F-4E or F-4J Phantom II

I know it's kind of an Oldtimer but it is still in use with the German, Turkish and Japanese Air Forces.

I could also probably not that complex to build like an A-10 with all of its computers and sensors.

My Mods: DCS User Files

Modules owned: EVERY Module :pilotfly:

AC130:megalol:

Eurofighter would be nice to have. If I just could wait 20 years instantly.

You can't? The rest of us can because we're magic. He he he.

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

Well, when you put it that way...a 1.04 thrust-to-weight ratio would be nice. (note this is WSO, not pilot)

My question is, if someone gave you a F/A-18C would you refuse to fly it because of the same reasons? The F-18C is probably next, and I'm kinda' glad since my friend borrowed my Janes F/A-18 years ago and never gave it back, so I missed out. I still to this day when out of gas, go...(switch to betty voice)...Bingo fuel, Bingo fuel (sound FX) dur-dee-dur-deet!

anything that can shot a mig 29 down. TIRED of being killed by russians in a-10c.

Rafael

Ryzen 7 1800x @ 4ghz | MSI GTX 980ti | 32gb DDR4 Ballistix 2400Mhz | Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero (wi-fi) | 480Gb Kingston NVMe ssd | Western Digital 1TB x2 | EVGA 850w PSU | Noctua NH-D14 | NZXT S240 | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | 4k 50" Philips android TV | Dell P2418D | Oculus Rift S | Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas

Well, when you put it that way...a 1.04 thrust-to-weight ratio would be nice. (note this is WSO, not pilot)

My question is, if someone gave you a F/A-18C would you refuse to fly it because of the same reasons? The F-18C is probably next, and I'm kinda' glad since my friend borrowed my Janes F/A-18 years ago and never gave it back, so I missed out. I still to this day when out of gas, go...(switch to betty voice)...Bingo fuel, Bingo fuel (sound FX) dur-dee-dur-deet!

I wouldn't refuse to fly it. I'd still buy it for sure. I'd just be a bit disappointed that it wasn't the Super Hornet. When you read comparisons like this it's difficult to get excited about the C:

Flying the F/A18F Super Hornet

Edited by mintsauce
  • Like 1

Ultimately that's what it is - I can't get excited about it. It'd be like having a racing game where the fastest car you can have is a Toyota Supra. Like, I guess it's fast, but it's not really the best of what you'd expect in a racing game.

I'd happily take the Superhornet over the standard, but I still think the F-15E is where it's at. These days it's pretty much the workhorse of the entire military as far as air to ground is concerned. Trading off the incredible versatility and impressive array of toys for carrier ops isn't a fair tradeoff for me.

On the other hand, the F-15E is in such active development, I'd like to see it at least Suite 6 which probably won't happen. JHMCS would be nice :D At best I can see us getting a Suite 5.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

мачора бре....и ништа друго......ooops CAT....any time baby...its been realy nice to see a CAT in new DCS game...У Свако Доба!

Шта је човек ако изгуби домовину?

Ми пилоти морамо да полетимо и преузмемо

први и најјачи удар агресора како би спасили

бар једно дете у овој земљи.

I wouldn't refuse to fly it. I'd still buy it for sure. I'd just be a bit disappointed that it wasn't the Super Hornet. When you read comparisons like this it's difficult to get excited about the C:

Flying the F/A18F Super Hornet

Thanks for the link, lots of good info, but I don't think you or Frostiken have to try to sell me or anyone else on a Super Hornet or an F-15E for that matter. They would both be blissful in DCS detail. :thumbup: I'd like a F-16 personally, but any of the above will do if I had a choice. I understand the dilemma of not being excited about a F/A-18C model when the cool factor could be much higher. I felt the same way about the A-10A announcement before they got approved to do a C.