Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

diecastbg

Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List  

4719 members have voted

1. 1. Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

I would have appreciated the next DCS module being an interesting military aircraft like the Harrier (VTOL) or Tornado (low level emphasis) although the Typhoon would have also been nice.

I have been flying this series of simulators since the first Flanker release.

Is there a chance that we may see a non-American/Russian aircraft as the focus one day?

Edited by Sabrefox

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a chance that we may see a non-American/Russian aircraft as the focus one day?

Is there a chance, yes. Is there a guarantee, no.

Beyond the next module, nobody knows what will come along.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

may i ask what are the dependancys for the next module. and through those dependancys what are the possibilites surrounding what it can or can not be. i ask this because im confused about all the wish list aircraft. where is the real wish list inclusive of just exactly whats possible ?

will the time come when there are no possibilites regards any new modules due to those incredible dependancy,s at hand ? this is the most important question. i just dont really know what to wish for anymore. and where would we all be without or dreams (wish list aircraft).?

is there an mpending battle of patience here for ED at some stage in the future that simply causes them to be unable to develop further modules due to incomplete technical information and the waiting game for classified info to be de classified regards flightsim development. in that hypothetical situation what would ED do out of interest ?

Edited by Ali Fish

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There isn't one.

Nate

why not? :) i understand its subject to change and especially through time. i think thats a reasonable question. or atleast we could have a thread about what not to wish for. for me i understand that Ed's development timescales are far faster than any new de classified information is going to be released and thats an important thing for the life of the DCS series given we cant actally have a definitive wishlist as you are possibly about to tell me. i just hope that this issue is not because the list isnt so concise in content.

Edited by Ali Fish

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

why not? :) i understand its subject to change and especially through time. i think thats a reasonable question. or atleast we could have a thread about what not to wish for.

I appreciate you understand that - others wouldn't and would get very upset and accuse ED of lying to then when plans change.

It has happened too many times in the past, and was very ugly, now ED holds its cards close to its chest.

Nate

All aircraft will still look the same if there's 'nowhere near the complexity of DCS'. That's pretty much a no-brainer. Operating them will 'feel' the same, just like in FC2.

The only reason you 'love' those cold war planes is because you don't have to live through the nightmare of operating them ;)

The nightmare would be part of the fun in a SIM. And, if I get it wrong, i dont have to die. IL2 planes dont "feel" the same. They all handled different. Do not see why a modern jet sim can not do the same.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aaron

i7 2600k@4.4ghz, GTX1060-6gb, 16gb DDR3, T16000m, Track IR5

BS2-A10C-UH1-FC3-M2000-F18C-A4E-F14B-BF109

Not if you don't want 'anywhere near the complexity of DCS'!

The nightmare would be part of the fun in a SIM.

It already does do that same. What's the problem? Haven't explored the flight envelope enough to see the differences between an F-15 and Su-27 in FC2?

Does the DCS:A-10C fly like any of those, or like a Su-25? Where's the lack of differences you're implying? Because if all of those 'feel the same', then so do the IL2 planes.

IL2 planes dont "feel" the same. They all handled different. Do not see why a modern jet sim can not do the same.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I KNEW IT! THEY LIED!!! Looks like the next DCS aircraft is some kind of single seat attack helicopter with contra-rotating rotors. What's next, DCS: Cierva C.19 Gyrocopter? :no_sad:

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

Sorry, I was confused by your post then. I thought you were saying that if it was not as complex as DCS, all planes would look and feel the same.

I do not have FC2, so no idea how those planes fly, but I assume they are all different as they should be.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aaron

i7 2600k@4.4ghz, GTX1060-6gb, 16gb DDR3, T16000m, Track IR5

BS2-A10C-UH1-FC3-M2000-F18C-A4E-F14B-BF109

great airplane man :smilewink:

Airplane?

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

Time to lower that hand of cards so close to the chest. We all know that what ever ED/DCS says is subject to change but at least give us an idea of what is being looked at as the next module. We will not hold ED/DCS to this as I said we all know that situations change and it may be different from stated module. 356 post of consumers wishing to know at least what may be looked at as the next module is getting a little long. Time to put some of this to rest. We can deal with a change if it happens. Cheers.:)

Time to lower that hand of cards so close to the chest. We all know that what ever ED/DCS says is subject to change but at least give us an idea of what is being looked at as the next module. We will not hold ED/DCS to this as I said we all know that situations change and it may be different from stated module. 356 post of consumers wishing to know at least what may be looked at as the next module is getting a little long. Time to put some of this to rest. We can deal with a change if it happens. Cheers.:)

You can't speak for everyone, not everybody will be so understanding of changes made. I particularly remember the Lock On forums when the DC was cancelled. It was very nasty and unpleasant.

Also, announcements spread quickly but news of changes happen very slowly. There are still some, on other forums, stating the the AH-64 is next, as a fact.

Nate

If it's a competent multi-role fighter aircraft, I'll be happy.

Unless it's an F-16 because all the Viper nerds can go back to AF and pretend their crappy little Mazda Miata lawndart deathtrap is actually cool.

And unless it's an F/A-18C because we've all agreed that it's totally inept at everything.

:D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

after a russian rotary and a us fixed wing the next choice could be a russian fixed wing (and then a us rotary..).personally, i like big interdictors like su-24 and su-34. this would also cover a role which hasnt been modeled in any of the dcs titles. i dunno about all the implications of a two men crew though; that should be very interesting multiplayer-wise, but what about singleplayer? at dcs level of fidelity workload could be too much for one driver, on the other hand, i'd never give up realism over anything..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 6700K @ 4.2, MSI M5 Z170A Gaming, NZXT X61 Kraken liquid cooler, PNY Nvidia GTX 1080 Founders Edition, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 Mhz C15, samsung 840 evo SSD, CoolerMaster 1000W Gold rated PSU, NZXT Noctis 450 cabinet, Samsung S240SW 24' 1920x1200 LED panel, X-52 Pro Flight stick. W10 Pro x64 1809, NO antivirus EVER

You can't speak for everyone, not everybody will be so understanding of changes made. I particularly remember the Lock On forums when the DC was cancelled. It was very nasty and unpleasant.

Also, announcements spread quickly but news of changes happen very slowly. There are still some, on other forums, stating the the AH-64 is next, as a fact.

Nate

You may be quite right Nate, but I would hope since then that we have all grown a bit and understand more as to what ED/DCS deals with on a regular bases. Just my opinion. Past is past lets look to future. I know this can be hard due to background but hell nothing ventured, nothing gained. My hope is that we have all grown up a bit, but I do understand the stigma of the past. Cheers.:)

There's creative ways around two-seaters... Jane's F-15E did a good job implementing two seats and that was over a decade ago. It isn't that huge a problem on the F-15E though, since 90% of the tasks can be done in either cockpit... just allow hot-swapping.

Honestly in my opinion the biggest annoyance of the F-15E would be the hand controllers in the back seat... HOTAS overload.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There's creative ways around two-seaters... Jane's F-15E did a good job implementing two seats and that was over a decade ago. It isn't that huge a problem on the F-15E though, since 90% of the tasks can be done in either cockpit... just allow hot-swapping.

Honestly in my opinion the biggest annoyance of the F-15E would be the hand controllers in the back seat... HOTAS overload.

I agree Janes did a great job with the cockpit.

This would be the airframe absolutely!

Allowing two players in the same aircraft would be the right way to go about it though.

"It's amazing, even at the Formula 1 level how many drivers still think the brakes are for slowing the car down."

VF-2 Bounty Hunters

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group 1 | Discord

what about ACs in which workload is distributed between the two crews? for example, f-14 or mig-31. i'm sure that having two players on the same platform would be awesome but in single player won't it be too much for one person manage driving, weapons and radar operation (specially on such planes where radar complexity is enormous).. my only guess is that ai should occupy one of the seats, while giving the player the possibility to choose which position he sits in (of course he should be able to switch positions at any time).. don't know if this could be implemented (without losing realism), but ed is known to make things happen..

and if the next one would be a us fixed i'd like one of the hornet family, with the carrier ops stuff and all. though from what i've seen i fear we're going towards another f-16 sim..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 6700K @ 4.2, MSI M5 Z170A Gaming, NZXT X61 Kraken liquid cooler, PNY Nvidia GTX 1080 Founders Edition, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 Mhz C15, samsung 840 evo SSD, CoolerMaster 1000W Gold rated PSU, NZXT Noctis 450 cabinet, Samsung S240SW 24' 1920x1200 LED panel, X-52 Pro Flight stick. W10 Pro x64 1809, NO antivirus EVER