Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

diecastbg

Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List  

4719 members have voted

1. 1. Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

I think we should count how many thread about the same subject...I don't think I know how to count that high...

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

I mentioned it one of my posts. I can consider myself an SME as far as this goes:

The F-15E's undergone, in the last five years, two major revisions and upgrades - Suite 5 and Suite 6. Suite 6 notably had the larger impact as it introduced JHMCS to the front cockpit (Suite 7 will introduce it to the back) and allowed capability of Small Diameter Bombs (wheee!) and the AN/ASQ-236 radar mapping pod. There's oodles of other features that both suites introduced, such as the replacement of the 8mm VTRS for a DVR (the 8mm player itself is being deprecated in Suite 7 IIRC), as well as the obligatory secret squirrel kind of stuff.

Regardless, the point is the pilots need to learn this stuff. I've used the simulator that Boeing offered as a 'trainer' and it's really not the most impressive thing I've seen.

Now the argument could be that Boeing's offering is good enough, but given how lackluster that thing was (it basically focused only on the core features of the new upgrade, with zero integration with older avionics) I definitely see a fat juicy contract for the F-15E in the future, especially if AETC was pleased with ED's offering for the A-10C. I've thought about this before and while I don't know what's going on in the F/A-18 world, I do know that the F-35 is supposed to replace them, so I'm skeptical that the F/A-18Cs (the legacy Hornet, not even the Superhornet) would have any interest for the US military, which would tell me that if a 'military' trainer for the F/A-18C is in the works, it would be for a country such as Canada, Finland, or maybe even Kuwait.

That said, the F-15E is getting a batrilljion dollars invested into it to make it even better and, well, someone has to learn this stuff at some point.

So on the 'which has more contract potential' we have:

A) Clunky old useless pile of crap that's already been rendered obsolete by two different airframes...

or

B) A state-of-the-art fighter getting new upgrades on a regular basis that has zero replacement and is forecast to be in use for the next 15 years.

Thanks Frostiken, this is exactly the sort of thing I was hoping for. :thumbup:

Having read your post it seems to me that the F-15E has a good case for being the next DCS module — a case that is at least based on real-world military upgrades and potential needs, not just fanboyism.

Your comment about the F-18C's legacy status in the US military is also interesting. A non-US country requiring a simulation of the F-18 is certainly plausible, but at present the only confirmed ED customer in the fixed-wing arena is the US, so I would still lend more creedence to the F-15E argument.

I would love to read some justifications of the F-16 and any other aircraft if anyone else has some expertise to share.

@mvsgas: Great, I was just about to post an answer, but then I thought "just wait a minute or two, and someone else will have done the job!".

Gotta say that worked out excellent! :D

;)

What were you about to say , you know the answer, i don't believe.:music_whistling:

4559156569_4ecdaa5973_o.jpg

To whom it may concern,

f3h_2.jpg

To whom it may concern,

Actually, the larger the likelyhood of capture or death, and real pilots don't like that.

Let's not mix simulated flying done for the purpose of one's entertainment, with real life, where pilots would like to keep the "entertainment factor" to a minimum ;)

Besides, I wouldn't actually call Hornet to be a bad choice for a sim or an inferior aircraft, as it is in real life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Originally Posted by Death-17

Any yahoo can fly fixed, it takes skill to fly rotor.

I think we should count how many thread about the same subject...I don't think I know how to count that high...

Maybe those ED producers should count for us !:lol: Let them know how anxious we are to know the answer.

Edited by jp203000

The answer will still be the same: You'll know when they want you to know ;)

Tell them we want to know :music_whistling: why the big secret. Are they waiting til it's almost done and then gonna spring it on us?

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Because you can be a difficult bunch when things don't turn out as expected. ;)

Lies man, pure lies!!! We're the most docile kind on the net. Go ask Blizzard ;)

Spoiler

W10-x64 | Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra | Core i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15

Corsair 32Gb 3200 | MSI RTX 3080ti Gaming X

Asus Xonar AE | TM Hotas Warthog

MFG Crosswind pedals | Valve Index

Heh JP, you sure are well informed are you? :P

This is all very very simple guys. Developers not saying what they're working on is standard practice, because anything coming always steals limelight from what's already released. Do you know how long Dawn of War spent as a "Project X" at Relic? A LONG time. Why? Because they wanted people to focus on buying and playing Homeworld 2.

Just enjoy what you have, ED will announce what DCS:Next is in due time.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Heh JP, you sure are well informed are you? :P

This is all very very simple guys. Developers not saying what they're working on is standard practice, because anything coming always steals limelight from what's already released. Do you know how long Dawn of War spent as a "Project X" at Relic? A LONG time. Why? Because they wanted people to focus on buying and playing Homeworld 2.

Just enjoy what you have, ED will announce what DCS:Next is in due time.

In the back of my mind , that's what i thought . I didn't say because i was not sure if here is a right place to say that , but you did it for me , i'd appreciate that. :music_whistling:

Because you can be a difficult bunch when things don't turn out as expected. ;)

I know some of them get a little crazy. Whatever it is I just hope they can hit the 9 month mark on releasing new models. Hopefully as they make more dcs models the process will get faster.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

What were you about to say , you know the answer, i don't believe.:music_whistling:

No, of course I don't know the answer. I wanted to ask why he thought he knew! :smartass:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

I know some of them get a little crazy. Whatever it is I just hope they can hit the 9 month mark on releasing new models. Hopefully as they make more dcs models the process will get faster.

More sales -> more employees -> faster development. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

and over time: More products -> More Sales -> -> more development. -> more products -> ...

At least as long as new people still think the old product is worth buying, which is the idea behind the compatibility update I think.

Also Wags mentioned eventually doing some possible lower fidelity modules, which would take less time to develop I'm sure.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HAHAHAHA :D

i7 880 | HD 7870 | 8 Gb DDR3 1600 | ECS P55H-A | OCZ Vertex 2 180 | Intel 330 180 | WD 500 AAKS | 2x WD 2T Green | Enermax Liberty 620 | CH Combatstick & Throttle | TrackIR 3 | HP ZR24W | Windows 7 x64

Will this thread ever end? :joystick:

No, because when DCS:Next is released and people start asking questions about DCS:After Next, we'll just merge all those threads into this one. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester