Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

diecastbg

Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List  

4719 members have voted

1. 1. Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

why ed doesn't produce well known fighters?

you know we don't have planes like f-16, f-18 (yes it is coming eventually), f-14, f-4, f-15e?

they spent too much energy to ww2 planes or outdated fihters like sabre, mig-21.

i think if they presented us some of the planes i mentioned, both customers and ed itself would be very happy.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think if they presented us some of the planes i mentioned, both customers and ed itself would be very happy.

Besides the resources and development time, you're kinda assuming that everybody wants teen fighters or hi-tech mumbo jumbo, and older planes is just something we all just settled with. There are more than enough fans of WWII or old planes in general. ED just can't make everyone happy at the same time. If we had nothing but modern airplanes, there would be threads "why ED won't make any WWII planes!" ;)

its a strength of DCS that it doesnt limit itself to certain aircraft or time periods.period.

Some may see it as a weakness as well. It really is a double edged sword.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

sabre, mig-21.
Neither of those were made by ED. As you said, they are working on the F-18, but modern fighters take a lot of work. They also recently added a PFM to the Su-27.

If we had nothing but modern airplanes, there would be threads "why ED won't make any WWII planes!" ;)
Still waiting on my civil aviation and WWI fighters. (and train simulator)

Some may see it as a weakness as well. It really is a double edged sword.
It is much more stimulating to the third party development environment, which means more airplanes for everyone faster. The weakness is only perceived.
Edited by VincentLaw

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The issues are: One, too many classified parts on modern planes; Two, probably not the right military contracts; and Three, not everyone wants just modern fighters.

DCS: F-4E really needs to be a thing!!!!!!

Aircraft: A-10C, Ka-50, UH-1H, MiG-21, F-15C, Su-27, MiG-29, A-10A, Su-25, Su-25T, TF-51

I was disappointed with some decisions in IL-2: BOS so now I really hope we can get a better DM and they can churn out a map and some ground units. With a couple more aircraft (which are obviously in the works) I think they can be competitive. I mean BOS only has 10 flyables at the moment, so even 5 or 6 isn't too bad.

We need the DM improvements yesterday though. Right now smattering an opponent with rounds and having him continue to fly like it's all good in his neighborhood not only lacks realism, but is also immensely frustrating. I mean I can still get kills, and if I can do it anyone can, but it should not be that kind of experience.

The Hip, Huey, Sabre, Fishbed, and Fagot are also starting to flesh out the Vietnam-ish era as well, which is great. Sure they may not be the exact variants, but close enough for my concern. So very good.

Besides me have the F/A-18C, Mirage 2000C S-5, and maybe even a whiskey cobra ( I dont think Belsimtek has admitted to any definite plan with regards to version of the cobra, but the poll results seemed to be pretty overwhelming, so I can dream), so we're getting stuff everywhere and for every time frame.

No complaints from me.

Edited by xaoslaad

I think this is only a cost-benefit-calculation.

WW2 planes and the first jet fighters are pretty easily done (no electronics, weapon systems or classified stuff) and have a fanbase which is big enough so that the development generates profit.

Money they need for the interesting planes like F/A-18 and so on. They just can't develop a plane over years and have nothing to sell in this time.

For me this is very frustrating too, I just bought the Dora to have the feeling of a vintage fighter, but another (pretty the same) plane doesn't make sense for me.

But while I see what other game studios are doing concerning flight sims (rather...nothing), then I'm very happy about that, what ED does.

Well, I think what most, if not all "simmers" would appreciate, is a well rounded product (sure, some would take anything on offer... that's a given) but most, a highly developed authentic model.

Developers, who are serious about their art, desire a product concept which can draw in their full attention.

The hard part is in the merging of the two.... the difficult part is in the having of real time information for the developers to work from.

Time and patience is a factor which must also be taken into account.

Me? I 'm happy for whatever the DCS developers decide they would work on, to create and bring to life in a virtual world, and have the patience to allow their focus to produce such... it doesn't matter if it is WWII, or modern, or pre - modern, or anything in between or before that.

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

Falcon has been out for like 16 years.....just saying. You would think we would have one of them flying in DCS/FC by now.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

you know we don't have planes like f-16, f-18 (yes it is coming eventually), f-14, f-4, f-15e?

they spent too much energy to ww2 planes or outdated fihters like sabre, mig-21.

WW2 fighters are and will be very very popular in the market.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

People like WW2-Fighters. They buy them. ED produces them.

I would gladly ditch all of those great WW2 planes to get an F-105 or F-4 or any modern jet. Still it won't happen and that's ok.

Whether some of us like it or not, they will produce and sell what produces the biggest revenues. If that was flying pancakes they would produce those.

WWII fighters are a lot more profitable. Less complexity so faster and less expensive to produce, large potential user base.

Complex jet fighters are much riskier from a project standpoint.

As to the F-16, it doesn't make sense. It is an immensely complex aircraft and the market has been established and is currently held by another title. Forcing into that market when there are lots of other planes to do is just taking an unnecessary risk.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

As to the F-16, it doesn't make sense. It is an immensely complex aircraft and the market has been established and is currently held by another title. Forcing into that market when there are lots of other planes to do is just taking an unnecessary risk.

+1

Pman

+ another 1

professionally and financially

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"