Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

diecastbg

Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List  

4719 members have voted

1. 1. Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

Forcing into that market when there are lots of other planes to do is just taking an unnecessary risk.

I wouldn't really call it forcing. I think the DCS platform would offer some really nice market potential. The major lacking component is the dynamic campaign which is for another discussion. Also with the AFM capabilities, EDGE coming, and existing fan base wanting something fresh to fly the F-16 in, I believe the rewards over risk are much greater. JMO...

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the risk is too great, the reward doesn't matter. You don't stay in a business by taking risks that are effectively unnecessary.

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

funny people only talk about western planes, you do realize if ED just make western planes then multiplayer would be only FC3 Russian planes vs study sim planes?

i would love to see a DCS level Russian / Chinese planes (more advance than the 21 that is)

but i also realize that western planes sell better than the others.

maybe upcoming(sorta) Mirage 2000C will make for some interesting scenarios.

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If the risk is too great, the reward doesn't matter. You don't stay in a business by taking risks that are effectively unnecessary.

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

What does birds and bushes have to do with this? :P J/K Sobek.

I am, after all, on the outside looking in. ED and other developers have numbers and studies to help make their decisions and will do whats best for business.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

• ED Team
you know we don't have planes like f-16, f-18 (yes it is coming eventually), f-14, f-4, f-15e?

they spent too much energy to ww2 planes or outdated fihters like sabre, mig-21.

i think if they presented us some of the planes i mentioned, both customers and ed itself would be very happy.

We dont know what ED has in the works beyond what they have announced... I am quite sure how aware ED is to the fact that many people want modern stuff as well. And you can pretty much bank on the fact that they have stuff in the works we dont know about...

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

What does birds and bushes have to do with this? :P J/K Sobek.

I am, after all, on the outside looking in. ED and other developers have numbers and studies to help make their decisions and will do whats best for business.

its not always all about business... there is professional integrity amongst peers to consider (hopefully though, due thought is also given to not creating a cartel as well) also legal issues to contend with, I assume

Edited by Wolf Rider

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

you know we don't have planes like f-16, f-18 (yes it is coming eventually), f-14, f-4, f-15e?

they spent too much energy to ww2 planes or outdated fihters like sabre, mig-21.

i think if they presented us some of the planes i mentioned, both customers and ed itself would be very happy.

you are right, su-27 is not well known. . . it´s famous!

Because systems data and other resources are still classified for most of those aircraft.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

To me it looks like they (ED) are having trouble modelling/programming the air-to-ground radar. They have been carefully steering clear of these systems by picking airframes that don't have A-G-radar.

Are they waiting for EDGE to solve this problem ? I don't know.

Just my two eurocents.

i7 6700k/GTX1070-8G/MSI-Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon/32GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX PREDATOR DDR4 3000MHZ Vengeance 1600/TM Warthog #6106/Samsung SB350_S27B350H/OCZ Agility3 SSD 128GB / Win10-64/TIR5

The F-18s on development both have A2G Radar.

They did mention A2G Radar in the Sept. Newsletter

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

The F-18s on development both have A2G Radar.

They did mention A2G Radar in the Sept. Newsletter

Yes, but bengo's point is still a valid possibility.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

You can be sure that it is not worth to try to overcome some engine limitations when you know that a new optimized one is around the corner.

We all already know that are multiple law implications in all what this sim offer currently. We know VEAO struggle with Hawk licence, we all know those two helis initially started as free mods that are in trouble to use real names. We don't know ED behind the stage activities... but this does not mean that they are not doing such things.

On the other hand, everybody wants ultra super fast jets, super complex electronics on board, so on and so forth... strange part is that always on the multiplayer lobby the VA server is almost always full ! And no god damn single fire is been shooting there. How do you think a Cesna/Piper/Extra300 will fit there... ? Or a C130... I tell you: just perfect !!!

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

On the other hand, everybody wants ultra super fast jets, super complex electronics on board, so on and so forth...

Actually, it's pretty impossible to tell what everybody (or rather, the majority of customers, since there's not a single thing that everybody would like) wants based solely on wishlists and threads like this one. People who are most likely to post may not be the ones who are most likely to buy or to play on MP servers. Where I work we of course listen to the community requests and complaints but if what the community says goes against what our business statistics show us... guess what wins?

My intuition tells me planes like the upcoming F/A-18C and Mirage will be very popular (not a difficult guess frankly), but whether they will be more popular than WW2 planes, especially if you factor in the production costs? I don't think that's clear based on just the community input.

This.

You mentioned NATO aircraft but what I find refreshing and enjoyable are all the Soviet and Russian bloc aircraft present and accounted for. Without ED and, for that matter, The Fighter Collection, we would have no experience operating these simulated aircraft other than as cheap, crappy mods in Falcon BMS or some other old sim.

What ED/TFC have brought to the table is indeed different, fresh, and welcome because I very much have appreciation for military aircraft I would have otherwise only known as AI targets. I enjoy the MiG-21 and MiG-29, the Su-27 and Su-33, the Su-25 and Su-25T. I was'nt even aware of these aircraft as a young adult until ED had the balls to release Su-27 Flanker, an obscure title that gained popularity and following as it evolved into DCS World.

Igor Tishin and crew have made this all possible for us and though DCS may not have the module we want to fly, third party development has opened a new door to bring relief to the overburdened dev staff dealing with EDGE, the F/A-18C, the Spitfire, and whatever else on their plate. The MiG-15 is on the way and, since this is a sandbox and not a NATO game full of overstimulated (Janes, Microprose, Spectrum Holobyte, Digital Integration, SSI, etc.) aircraft but actually a place where any kind of aircraft could exist, it is indeed refreshing after all and a hearty thank you to you Igor and your team.

• Like 1

You mentioned NATO aircraft but what I find refreshing and enjoyable are all the Soviet and Russian bloc aircraft present and accounted for. Without ED and, for that matter, The Fighter Collection, we would have no experience operating these simulated aircraft other than as cheap, crappy mods in Falcon BMS or some other old sim.

What ED/TFC have brought to the table is indeed different, fresh, and welcome because I very much have appreciation for military aircraft I would have otherwise only known as AI targets. I enjoy the MiG-21 and MiG-29, the Su-27 and Su-33, the Su-25 and Su-25T. I was'nt even aware of these aircraft as a young adult until ED had the balls to release Su-27 Flanker, an obscure title that gained popularity and following as it evolved into DCS World.

Igor Tishin and crew have made this all possible for us and though DCS may not have the module we want to fly, third party development has opened a new door to bring relief to the overburdened dev staff dealing with EDGE, the F/A-18C, the Spitfire, and whatever else on their plate. The MiG-15 is on the way and, since this is a sandbox and not a NATO game full of overstimulated (Janes, Microprose, Spectrum Holobyte, Digital Integration, SSI, etc.) aircraft but actually a place where any kind of aircraft could exist, it is indeed refreshing after all and a hearty thank you to you Igor and your team.

I almost hate to say it, but you know what, I think you are right Chappie. Prior to my getting DCS and actually flying it, I looked down my nose at these vaunted Russian aircraft. It was not till I put aside my own prejudice and hopped into the frogfoot, that I started to really enjoy the fidelity ED has brought to these jets. They've made a believer out of me.

THis having been said, my vote for next plane STILL is for the F-14 Tomcat. If ED can put that much love into the planes they have released now, I bet they can do the same for this, my favorite fighter jet of all time. Hornet comes a close second for me.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

YouTube ~ Twitch

I almost hate to say it, but you know what, I think you are right Chappie. Prior to my getting DCS and actually flying it, I looked down my nose at these vaunted Russian aircraft. It was not till I put aside my own prejudice and hopped into the frogfoot, that I started to really enjoy the fidelity ED has brought to these jets. They've made a believer out of me.

THis having been said, my vote for next plane STILL is for the F-14 Tomcat. If ED can put that much love into the planes they have released now, I bet they can do the same for this, my favorite fighter jet of all time. Hornet comes a close second for me.

F-14!for my first born x .... I just gotta have an F-14. That is one bird given very little attention and only by Microprose and Third Wire.

Could I suggest A P38 or P47 as the next US fixed wing, neither of these has been done as a study sim to my knowledge.

Motherboard ASUSTek TUF Z390-PLUS GAMING (WI-FI)

Processor Intel i5 9400

Memory VENGENCE PRO RGB 32GB

Video Card # 1 GIGABYTE NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX1660 6GB GDDR6

Power Supply Thermaltake GOLD 850 RGB

Sound Card NVIDIA HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO

Monitor 1. Vizio 32" 2. Samsung 32" 3. Samsung 32"

Operating System Windows 10 64 Bit build 19035.1

This post just resonates with me, as I feel pretty much the same! Well said... well said. :)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

not to feel like im nagging or beating a dead horse. but to the dcs devs.

there is no doubt you guys are doing exception work for the sim genre and i have a-10 and ka-50 and love them both.

but i would like to stress the desire/demand for an F-18 E/F model (not a flamingcliffs port) but a full, active cockpit and modelled sim like a-10c or ka-50 bs2.

i am sure i can speak for many others in saying, that a supersonic and iconic multirole aircraft is highly desired. - i should also stress i do not refer to the F-35 (lemon)

as an example, its been since 1999 when jane's released F/A-18, and to this day, i find its one of the most accurate 'to date' for the f18 and as the posts' polls indicate the majority swings in its favour.

please let us know what may be happening in the future.

thanks

Carl

It's better having to wait for something great

than having nothing great to wait for.

not to feel like im nagging or beating a dead horse. but to the dcs devs.

there is no doubt you guys are doing exception work for the sim genre and i have a-10 and ka-50 and love them both.

but i would like to stress the desire/demand for an F-18 E/F model (not a flamingcliffs port) but a full, active cockpit and modelled sim like a-10c or ka-50 bs2.

i am sure i can speak for many others in saying, that a supersonic and iconic multirole aircraft is highly desired. - i should also stress i do not refer to the F-35 (lemon)

as an example, its been since 1999 when jane's released F/A-18, and to this day, i find its one of the most accurate 'to date' for the f18 and as the posts' polls indicate the majority swings in its favour.

thanks

Carl

You do realise that F-18 was treated the same way as the F35 is, right? F- 14 pilots were saying that they are pathetic when compared the tomcat.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

i would like to stress the desire/demand for an F-18 E/F model

Do you know that Eagle Dynamics ARE currently working on an F/A-18C Hornet? As well as Cortex Designs F/A-18E Super Hornet?

i should also stress i do not refer to the F-35 (lemon)

Are you an F-35 test pilot? Are you an F-35 program manager? Are you an F-35 data collector /analyzer? If not then you are in no position to comment on the capabilities of the F-35 at this time...

You do realise that F-18 was treated the same way as the F35 is, right? F- 14 pilots were saying that they are pathetic when compared the tomcat.

True, the F/A-18 is a poor performer when compared with the Tomcat. It was never designed for all out performance. The only reason they cover the decks of our carriers is that they were the cheaper alternative to everything else that was proposed. The only real advantages the new F/A-18's really have is in the electronic gadgets they carry. Currently, the F-35 is way more expensive than the F/A-18 and it seems that it is a poor performer from most reports so, for what we will be paying for it, it had better kill all of our enemies from just the sight of it.

I'm really hoping for Leatherneck to produce a F-14.... it doesn't even matter what version either. A,B or D are all great. That being said (and hopefully in the works), I'd like an OV-10A/D Bronco, F-105D/G, F-4E ARN-101 Phantom or F-4G Wild Weasel as well.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

thanks

Carl

You can't really say anything about the F-35, far too much hype, spin and top secret specification. You certainly could not accurately simulate it to the fidelity DCS demands.

I would like F/A 18 because I want to do A2G missions from a Carrier with modern avionics and laser guided bombs and missiles with opportunity for fleet air defence, offence making it a great investment with huge Single Player campaign possibility.

You guys are aware that the F/A-18 IS currently in development by ED, as their next Aircraft, aren't you?

:D

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)