Stuttering 1.1 problems What is going on at ED??

Me and Jarhead fly online almost daily with no stuttering, but when I installed the thunderbird mod last night, the stuttering was out of hand, I had no stuttering without the mod.

Well, we did around 5 hours of flying without any mod last night and yes it seems more pronounced with the mod, but we had stuttering no matter which plane or coalition we flew. It's always on the client side though! There is some ground stuttering for everyone, but the airplanes don't stutter for the host computer. So far after all the testing we've done, I'm still not sure it's the mod (or that the mod makes it worse). I'd like to get the 1.1 issue straightened out first if that's what it is...

LawnDart

[sigpic]http://www.virtualthunderbirds.com/Signatures/sig_LD.jpg[/sigpic]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, we did around 5 hours of flying without any mod last night and yes it seems more pronounced with the mod, but we had stuttering no matter which plane or coalition we flew. It's always on the client side though! There is some ground stuttering for everyone, but the airplanes don't stutter for the host computer. So far after all the testing we've done, I'm still not sure it's the mod (or that the mod makes it worse). I'd like to get the 1.1 issue straightened out first if that's what it is...

LawnDart

Yea, I dont think its souly the mod making problems, I sure hope ED will look into this and find a solution.

I had stutters in client part multiplayer too. Every 2/3 second. I dont have any stutters in 1.02.

And a bug that are in 1.1 i think: terrain preload

I think terrain is preloaded from a fixed point near crimean peninsula, not from plane´s player start.

Try, for example, one mission over crimean peninsula. Is smooth like silk, without stutters.

Then, try F-15 patrol caucasus mission, when you start in runway when you look around, terrain takes a lot of time to be loaded in memory from hdd. This doesnt occours in crimean peninsula. I flied in 1.02 with terrain preload of 200km without any stutters before, but here with 1.1 the first 200 km are preloaded but only in some part of crimean peninsula.

I hope this will be fixed in a near future. Sorry for my bad english

Gryzor out

Hi All

I have the problem too.

No stuttering in solo game, everywhere on the map.

No stuttering when i am hosting the game ( but my client have it )

Stuttering in all client multiplayer game, everywhere on the map, with different host.

i play always by direct IP.

My specs :

Abit nf7S Rev 2 Nfroce2 with ethernet

AMD 2800+ Barton

1 G ram

6800 GT

cable connection 2048/387

It would be nice if we could get a fix for this.

PS : with exactly the same specs, on LO 1.02, i didnt' have stuttering in multiplayer client

Thx

Anyone have any problems using hyperlobby and getting stuttering? Heard some people mention this. Seems there's stuttering for us no matter what we do.

LawnDart

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |

It is not just a AMD thing lots of people are having this problem. Hopefully when 1.11 comes out it will fix this and other minor things.

So, when is 1.11 coming out? ;)

Unfortunately, the current multiplayer issues is preventing us (the Virtual Thunderbirds) from doing any flying what-so-ever. We'll keep testing, but I seriously think this is something ED needs to take a look at ASAP!

Love the game, but this has been one of the most disastrous releases of any patch/add-on or new game I can remember in recent times. No need to comment further on that I'm sure...

LawnDart

Hmm was this game beta tested with starforce in the build? Makes you wonder. Not to start another starforce thread but damn. I was set on buying FC when verisign goes up. Even with starforce. But if its all laggy and we will have to wait for a 1.11 patch I may just wait till then. And if there is a 1.11 patch will it be free?

Hmm was this game beta tested with starforce in the build? Makes you wonder. Not to start another starforce thread but damn. I was set on buying FC when verisign goes up. Even with starforce. But if its all laggy and we will have to wait for a 1.11 patch I may just wait till then. And if there is a 1.11 patch will it be free?

We would hope so since we already paid $35 bucks for a patch/1 aircraft add-on.

I am having some of the most pronounced versions of this problem. Every 2-3 seconds there's about a 0.1s studder, for me it seems as if the whole sim is coming to a halt where the ground is of course the easiest thing for ppl to spot but the planes are stopping as well.

I'm using an onboard NIC (what he's asking Silent is if your network card is integrated to the MOBO rather than a seperate PCI card). In anycase I have serious doubts that this game was thoroughly tested with the version of SF we're using, as the Russian version had a different build of SF that was only a CD check.

Next thing the Tbirds will be trying is to remove all the check files sent from host to client at mission start, taking out the mod (as we have already tried) and creating the most barebones of missions. To see if we can get a usable build on our hands and begin to add things back in until the problem is found.

Any developer suggestions would be appriciated, let us help you help us. :)

I just tested the Onboard network adapter idea. I used a 3com pci nic 100 megabit card. Same issue with that card as with my onboard lan.

:(

crap!

well, heres my specs, maybe we can all compare our rigs

NForce 2 Ultra 400

K7N2 Delta

AthlonXP 2400

Nvidia 5700 Ultra 128meg 71.89 Forceware

1 gig 2700ddr

SoundBlaster 5.1 X-Gamer

Sprint DSL.static IP 3meg down/1meg up

X45 latest software suite

Windows 2000 Pro SP 4

I don't even have an onboard controller, so that theory is out for me. I don't think this problem is connected to any particular hardware we might have if you ask me.

I'm editing settings and network configs now, still no joy! This has effectively grounded the VTB indefinitely seems like. I certainly hope it's not SF, that would show what quality care for ones customers ED has by the choices they've made recently.

Could someone with the CD version of the game confirm whether there's any stuttering in multiplayer?!

LawnDart

Do any of you have a router so maybe you could check if SF is in fact "dialing home" while online? Check your log and trace the destinations durring your time of flying with Neo Trace or similar app.

It isn't SF. My squadmates who are using intel setups don't have stuttering.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda