Low fps while using MFD with Mavericks etc need tips

Kaptein_Damli

Hi all!

Enjoying my FC 2.0 and followed Frazer tweakguide (http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=49434) for the DCS:BS and it applies well to FC 2.0.

Hom ever I haven´t found how to tweak the MFD maverick display? If I slew the maverick around over big cities, I get some stutters and I am sure there is a place where I can tweak the settings for the MFD? Like making it less sharper etc? Anyone got an idea? I have cockpit at 256 in options page btw.

Now I most sleep! Just strange how fast times flies when you look at option.lua files etc and try flying some, then back to graphics.cfg etc! :smilewink:

My moviemaking channel at YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/user/RobertDamli

It is not issue only with maverics...Just take look on this two pics...FPS drop is outstanding...60-->11!

yes I experience same thing in quick mission for Su25T. I suspect that my video card is bottleneck which are 9800GTX+.

it would be great if someone with a higher end of video card has the same effect of FPS drop by turning on the Su-25T MFD or not.

Maximus, The only real Maximus in DCS World. :music_whistling:

I am not associated to viper 33 | Maximus. he is the imposter.

yes I experience same thing in quick mission for Su25T. I suspect that my video card is bottleneck which are 9800GTX+.

it would be great if someone with a higher end of video card has the same effect of FPS drop by turning on the Su-25T MFD or not.

same issue on my GTX295.

Всех убью, один останусь!

I messed around with the graphics.cfg file found under /Config and tried altering settings to this:

MFD

{

L01 = 2000;

L12 = 8000;

}

Together with Frazers guide it helped a little. I also have cockpit setting to 256 in the options menu.

I also think lowering farclip to 50 000 also helps.

Medium

{

near_clip = 0.2;

middle_clip = 5;

far_clip = 50000;

structures = {40, 4000};

trees = {1000, 50000};

dynamic = {300, 5000};

objects = {5000, 20000};

mirage = {1000, 5000};

surface = {5000, 20000};

lights = {100, 30000};

lodMult = 1.5;

lodAdd = 0;

You can try my settings, structures, trees, object are also tweaked and I noticed a huge fps improvement with this settings. Remember to back up your files, I know I didn´t so I can´t

remember the original settings, lol.

Edited by Kaptein_Damli

My crap computer: E5200@3Ghz, nvidia9600gt, 4GB DDR2, Win7 64bit. 1440x900, 4AA, 8AF high quality settings in drivers.

Main ingame settingsTextures at high, Cockpit Shkval resolution at 512, scenes at medium, water in low (through lua file), no mirrors. No other files moddified.

With a similar situation (pointing shkval to 10km in that same quick mission), I go from 60 fps to 50 fps, not a big deal. If I point shkval further (+20km) perfomance degrades to 20-25, but I never point it that further.

Check your AA and shkval resolution settings folks, perhaps it's way to high. Also, throw away windows XP and install Vista or 7 for a big boost of perfomance (average boost around 30%-40% more fps) in DCS/FC2, and finally play in full screen.

Edited by Distiler

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

My crap computer: E5200@3Ghz, nvidia9600gt, 4GB DDR2, Win7 64bit. 1440x900, 4AA, 8AF high quality settings in drivers.

Main ingame settingsTextures at high, Cockpit Shkval resolution at 512, scenes at medium, water in low (through lua file), no mirrors. No other files moddified.

With a similar situation (pointing shkval to 10km in that same quick mission), I go from 60 fps to 50 fps, not a big deal. If I point shkval further (+20km) perfomance degrades to 20-25, but I never point it that further.

Check your AA and shkval resolution settings folks, perhaps it's way to high. Also, throw away windows XP and install Vista or 7 for a big boost of perfomance (average boost around 30%-40% more fps) in DCS/FC2, and finally play in full screen.

That´s a crap computer? What it´s mine then:lol:: AMD 64X2 Athlon Dual Core 2.7GHZ, 3GB RAM ATI Radeon 4670 1GB DDR3. I have medium on scenes, but high on textures and tweaked options.lua and graphics.cfg and have an average of 40. When I slew my mavs around I get down to 14-15 if I slew it to far away. I homever found that altering some settings in graphics.cfg (see above) helped a lot and you don´t really need to slew to far out anyway. Any other tips are welcome.

That´s a crap computer? What it´s mine then:lol:: AMD 64X2 Athlon Dual Core 2.7GHZ, 3GB RAM ATI Radeon 4670 1GB DDR3. I have medium on scenes, but high on textures and tweaked options.lua and graphics.cfg and have an average of 40. When I slew my mavs around I get down to 14-15 if I slew it to far away. I homever found that altering some settings in graphics.cfg (see above) helped a lot and you don´t really need to slew to far out anyway. Any other tips are welcome.

If you're on Windows XP (and that 3GB tells me you most probably are), what will help you most is definitelly Windows Vista/W7.

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

same issue on my GTX295.

Very interesting, thank you :)

Same with my 295 but I dont got to anywhere near that low of fps.

to confirm on this issue. launch Single player mode, hit quick mission, select Su25T. fly striaght toward target, turn your SU25T MFD TV on and head north from the target where large city are located near those target, that is where the FPS drop occurs.

Maximus, The only real Maximus in DCS World. :music_whistling:

I am not associated to viper 33 | Maximus. he is the imposter.

Same here.

Same here

i7 965 4.16 GHZ, 12 GB ram, GTX 295 :joystick:

|AMD 7800x3D | 64GB DDR5-3600| GTX 4090 | Virpil Stick, Collectiv, WW MIP, WW Throttle, MFG Crosswind V2 | Windows 11 64-bit | SSD Samsung | 4K LG Oled 48 | Oculus Q3 | Simlab based Cockpit

If you're on Windows XP (and that 3GB tells me you most probably are), what will help you most is definitelly Windows Vista/W7.

Vista is a no, no for me as I have it on my laptop and it´s slow as hell....it´s powerhungry. I believe Windows 7 to be the best choice, but then I have to reformat in order to install that OS.

I don´t want that now as it takes days to get up on feet again and XP SP3 is working fine with my system now with some tweaking. My next comp will come with Windows 7 preinstalled, but I don´t have money for a new system right now. I built the system I have now a year ago with a limited budget (built it myself) and it have served me well for a year now without any major faults.

I think there must be a way to lower the res of the MFD. It was also like this in FC 1.12, I think it´s because it uses a lot of CPU cycles to display the image, so any mod there I much appreciated! :) Anyone? A option lower than 256 would be nice? ED?

We are crying for nothing,looks like peoples who knows how to solve this issue wont help us soo...Just find your bazar/terrain/structures/ high folder, delete everything(or almost everything) and enjoy in FPS...ED spent years to create ultra high detailed world ,but i need just 0.5 sec to destroy their work.So far we dont have other solution...:idea:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Aerial Operations

Same here.

Agreed! In comparison with FC1 it is absolutely HORRIBLE in terms of FPS....

Its obviously related to the fact that the whole horizon is rendered in high detail... Even setting the far clip to a low value doesnt seem to affect the Shkval much...

There needs to be some sort of "Optimization Patch" for this!

Breakshot_Sig_2.jpg

Tim "Breakshot" Mytrofanov | C.O. of 51 ПВО / 100 КИАП Regiments | twitch.tv/51breakshot

Btw, this problem also persists in Black Shark...

However due to the lower nature of flight in BS, you rarely pan your TV into the full scope of horizon... thus the issue is less noticeable, but still there

I think ED should take a look at this and optimize whats drawn on those displays, just like it was previously in FC1 (where there was NO problems of such!)

Because the way it is now = complete unplayability for strike pilots! Even with very good machines is a no go, as we saw on all reporting above...

ED please note this down for a patch or something!

Breakshot_Sig_2.jpg

Tim "Breakshot" Mytrofanov | C.O. of 51 ПВО / 100 КИАП Regiments | twitch.tv/51breakshot

Btw, this problem also persists in Black Shark...

However due to the lower nature of flight in BS, you rarely pan your TV into the full scope of horizon... thus the issue is less noticeable, but still there

I think ED should take a look at this and optimize whats drawn on those displays, just like it was previously in FC1 (where there was NO problems of such!)

Because the way it is now = complete unplayability for strike pilots! Even with very good machines is a no go, as we saw on all reporting above...

ED please note this down for a patch or something!

Sorry, I have to disagree. In BS I get a stready 40-60 FPS with the screen on, nighttime, daytime, zoomed in, out, looking at a city, whatever. In FC2, with the same graphics settings, I go from 60FPS to around 10 with the screen on. Not acceptable!

I noticed the effect in BS as well. FC2 is a bit more pronounced. Setting autopilot and zooming in closely on the monitor helps boost usability and FPS... but it's still annoying. I think it's because the engine suddenly has two windows it has to render scenes in - the normal window, plus the shkval/tv monitor... so, twice the workload at least.