Air-defences is FC2

I am currently having fun finding what has changed for us T-Frog drivers to deal with in the SEAD role.

I see the Buk is now capable of launching missiles from launchers independently of the search-radar. That's AFAIK how the RL one works, so that's great!

It seems to have the same launch range but less detection range with-out the SR. It makes sense having shorter detection range, but is that right that it can fire still (dependant on height etc) at the same range?

I have done a little internet research, but couldn't find the answer.

Lookin' forward to tackling an S-300...:pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

159th Guards Aviation Regiment; recruiting now! http://www.159thgar.com/

We now fly all modern Jets and Helos

The BUK TELARs carrying the tracking radar. They are cued from the search radar, and they are then autonomous in terms of engaging the target.

If you can cue them from something else (datalink, mk1 eyeball, other sensor?) you can lock onto the target and shoot.

SAMs are still not as deadly as they should be, and their ARM resistance is relatively poor, but all that will get nailed down sometime in the future, I'm sure.

In short, you should have little to no hope of tackling an S300 with a single frog ...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

In short, you should have little to no hope of tackling an S300 with a single frog ...

Funny you should say that! Just 10 mins ago I tested against S-300 and then a Patriot.

They are (when set at excellent skill) do-able; I fired at R-max (just after he engaged me) 2 Kh-58. 1 was shot quickly, the other got through. I repeated it and found that this time the 58's were both hit.

I tried against the Patriot and found similar results. So, they seem easier than in FC1 to me. That's a shame.

I do hope -as you suggest GGT- that they are 'stiffened' to make them more of a challenge again!

Still, ground units are less visible (to me at least) and this means SEAD against SHORAD is tougher. Great!:D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes, I mean realistically :)

They will not sit there to wait for you to shoot them if they can. If they cannot, they will do things to make your missiles miss, like playing with sidelobes etc.

If that isn't an option, they'll plain shoot your missiles down, and they're not half-bad at that ... in RL.

Either way, glad you are enjoying FC2! :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

If you want to increase the survivability of a SAM site, try adding a CP 9S80 "Ovod" radar station to the group, as well as a SAM protection unit such as a Tor. In most cases, such a set-up will requite more missiles to overcome and can be more interesting as a SEAD coop mission.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

If you want to increase the survivability of a SAM site, try adding a CP 9S80 "Ovod" radar station to the group, as well as a SAM protection unit such as a Tor. In most cases, such a set-up will requite more missiles to overcome and can be more interesting as a SEAD coop mission.

Yeah that's gotta be the answer.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SAMs are still not as deadly as they should be, and their ARM resistance is relatively poor, but all that will get nailed down sometime in the future, I'm sure.

I must really suck then because the SAMs don't have any problems blowing me out of the sky... :)

You guys need to do a bit better on avoidance/evasion then. Takes a bit of practice ... starting with avoidance :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You guys need to do a bit better on avoidance/evasion then. Takes a bit of practice ... starting with avoidance :)

But my NOE techniques from the Shark doesn't work with a mach2 jet! :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

True. I have a tendancy to blindly fly the assigned route like a robot, without adapting to the threats. Maybe I should leave work now and go practice...

Uh oh, I've been busted!

It's like what BeachAV8R mentioned over on the SimHq forums, I fly my missions at night then spend the whole next day thinking about what I did right, what I did wrong, what will the next mission be like, etc.

Needless to say, I haven't been very productive the last several days!