FC2 sound FAQ

c0ff

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

I just bought FC2 and everythings looks great :smilewink:

Except for one thing : with external view ( F2) , if my plane hit afterburner i can hear the sound properly ; but if i put the camera on a plane usiong afterburner and controlled by the AI i can't hear its afterburner sound :huh:

Does anyone got this issue too ?

PS: running under WIN 7 64 with I7 920 , gtx 260 and an X-FI soundcard . All drivers up to date !

• 1 month later...

Sorry to bring up an old post, but does anyone know what the default values are? As in what does the sim run at as standard.

I assume:

sound.cockpit_world_volume = 0 sound.cockpit_world_lowpass = but what's this?

I assume world volume is 0 because from the explanation setting it to 0 is a good starting point.

So what's the default frequency cutoff is 24k is no cut off?

Regards

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
Hi guys,

I just bought FC2 and everythings looks great :smilewink:

Except for one thing : with external view ( F2) , if my plane hit afterburner i can hear the sound properly ; but if i put the camera on a plane usiong afterburner and controlled by the AI i can't hear its afterburner sound :huh:

Does anyone got this issue too ?

PS: running under WIN 7 64 with I7 920 , gtx 260 and an X-FI soundcard . All drivers up to date !

Yes i have this issue when switching camera views between F10 and F1/F2. The sound mutes and can't even hear the chaff/flare sound, then it comes back, don't really understand why.

Thanks,

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Let freedom ring with a shotgun blast

ATI 4870 1GB Cat. 10.8 | Windows 7 64 | TrackIR 5 | Saitek x52 | 4GB DDR2 | E8400 O.C 3.8 Ghz | The Logitech® G9 Laser Mouse

http://www.war-hawks.net

is recruiting.

http://www.war-hawks.net/private/index.php/recruitform

• ED Team
Yes i have this issue when switching camera views between F10 and F1/F2. The sound mutes and can't even hear the chaff/flare sound, then it comes back, don't really understand why.

Thanks,

That's something completely different. After exposure to a loud sound, "hearing" level takes some time to come back to normal. Seems, the time constant is too big for your taste. Unfortunately, there's no user-accessible way to change it.

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

• 2 months later...

When I land at a FARP, I rearm, and refuel, and then shut my engines down for repairs. Now I start my engines, and notice that only a nano second of sound plays when the radio sounds of the tower, wingmen, ground crew and Betty should be heard. The text still appears in the upper left corner of the screen, but no more radio sound. I can continue the mission, giving my wingmen orders, and everything works right except the lack of comms audio, ONLY after FARP stop. Any ideas team?

• 1 month later...

I got my copy of FC2 yesterday and it is really fun so far. I had normal LockOn before and learned how to basicly fly a SU25 but now with FC2 I noticed that the bitching betty is completly missing, although other warning sounds like the RWR are completly functional.

Any ideas what this could be?

EDIT: After a long search through the web I finally found out what the problem was. The SU25 doesnґt have any warning sounds IRL! I just assumed that it had to have them as Lomac had them before...

Edited by Chrischn89