FC2 Mission Editor - Distance Tool

Here are some of my gripes with the mission editor in FC2:

1. Even though I have imperial units selected instead of metric in the options, it only shows meters in the mission editor. (For reference the F10 view is able to show nautical miles in game, but not the ME).
  2. The distance tool in the mission editor won't display anything except meters and you can't measure a distance and then "park" the tool there while using other functions. As soon as you hit another button, the distance tool disappears. This is very annoying!!! (Again, the F10 view is able to "park" the distance tool on the map in game).
  3. Where is the "Sat" view option in the mission editor? (Once again, the F10 view has this feature in game, but it doesn't exsist in the ME).
  4. The levels of zoom in the ME are very coarse. (Of course, you can zoom with much more precision using the F10 view in game).

Can you tell I'm a bit peeved at this? :sad_2:

Please tell me if I'm missing something here! This makes building missions and placing objects with pin point accuracy much more tedious and extremely time consuming, and it also forces you to constantly convert between meters and imperial units with a calculator on the side.

1852 meters = 6076 ft = 1 nm etc.

scr100330223658.jpg

Is there any way to have the distance tool remain active even as you select and place other objects?

Edited by LawnDart

[sigpic]http://www.virtualthunderbirds.com/Signatures/sig_LD.jpg[/sigpic]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |

These are all as in Black Shark, both the benefits and the drawbacks.

It isn't possible to have a satellite view in the ME, because it is built on new technology not yet backwards-compatible with the graphics engine in-game. We hope to correct this and introduce other helpful features to the ME going forward with A-10 and beyond.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

Please put on the "wish list", a distance tool that you can use while moving and adding other objects (the way it was in FC1). Also, being able to switch between meters, feet and nautical miles would be great!

Thanks for the response.

[sigpic]http://www.virtualthunderbirds.com/Signatures/sig_LD.jpg[/sigpic]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |

Distance tool could use different coloring. It is almost unreadable when used over water.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

• 4 months later...

Hi, I'm new to Eagle Dynamics' flightsims and have just started to learn. So far I'm very impressed with FC2.

I just wanted to agree with what LawnDart says about switching between imperial and metric units with the distance tool as well as the possibility to stick the ruler on the map when working with other tools. It would also be very convinient to be able to switch between imperial and metric units when setting up the waypoints (altitude and speed).

By the way, which kind of speed is used for a waypoint - ground speed, TAS, IAS, CAS?

Well, metric units are WAY better than imperial, so why not learn them and have fun at the same time? If more people would just take the time to learn metric the US would finally be able to switch off this retarded system and catch up with the rest of the world.

That said, a distance tool that still shows distance and bearing while placing units would indeed be invaluble!

Edited by Speed

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

Yes, you're right. Everything would be much better for us simmers if the US converted to the metric system. Why don't we put that up on the ED whish list for their next A-10C sim :smilewink:

But while we're waiting for the US to switch to metric maybe ED could implement the possibility to switch between metric and imperial units in the ME.

These are all as in Black Shark, both the benefits and the drawbacks.

It isn't possible to have a satellite view in the ME, because it is built on new technology not yet backwards-compatible with the graphics engine in-game. We hope to correct this and introduce other helpful features to the ME going forward with A-10 and beyond.

This is vague,are you saying that there will be improvements to the ME in blackshark/fc2,in upcomming patches,or only to A-10 and "other" products...or both???

MODUALS OWNED       AH-64D APACHE, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24,Gazelle, FC3, A-10C, A-10CII, Mirage 2000C, F-14 TOMCAT, F/A-18C HORNET, F-16C VIPER, AV-8B/NA, F-15 E, F-4 Phantom, MiG-21Bis, L-39, F-5E, AJS 37 Viggen, MiG-19, F-86, MiG-15Bis, Spitfire IX, Bf-109K, Fw-190D, P-51D, CA, SYRIA, NEVADA, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, MARIANA ISLANDS,SUPER CARRIER, WORLD WAR II ASSETS PACK, HAWK T1

SYSTEM SPECS            AMD  7600X 4.7 Ghz CPU , MSI RX 6750 12 gig GPU ,32 gig ram on Win11 64bit.