ServMan v.2.1 Alpha for FC2

Panzertard

Thanks Panzer! We will run it on our server!

A things that would be cool if they could get implemented:

1. For each player message, provide his coalition and aircraft (also of players he killed)
  2. Add the coalition of the airbase when a player takes of or lands
  3. Add an option to start the server when X number of people have joined (handy for multiplayer coops)

Now there's some nice suggestion - straigh for the wishlist. :)

• Like 1

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

When using the command /players to see a list of players, the player list is cut off in the chat response if there is a large amount of players on the server.

Example

When you have 35 players on the server only 19-35 are shown in the chat window because of the maximum available lines displayed in chat at one time.

Any way around this or must I open the log file on the server with the mission running to manually find the player ID? Is it possible to do open the log files while mission is running?

Thanks

When using the command /players to see a list of players, the player list is cut off in the chat response if there is a large amount of players on the server.

Example

When you have 35 players on the server only 19-35 are shown in the chat window because of the maximum available lines displayed in chat at one time.

Any way around this or must I open the log file on the server with the mission running to manually find the player ID? Is it possible to do open the log files while mission is running?

Thanks

You are talking about finding the ID to kick? Id suggest using the score board.

Otherwise - let the standard rules do the kicking - maybe even set a bit low threshold for kick. But also adjust the "cooloff" period to low.

1 TK or AI kill - out. for 10 mins.

Up to 5 times then ban.

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

Thanks Panzertard, but I guess I am still not explaining properly. I can try and take a screen shoot next time I have the problem.

To try and explain again...

-The server has 35 players present

-You type the command '/players'

-The resulting output in the chat window does not show the full list of players because the list is to large to fit in the chat window. You will not see players 1-18. You will only see players 19-35 and their ID numbers.

Thanks Panzertard, but I guess I am still not explaining properly. I can try and take a screen shoot next time I have the problem.

To try and explain again...

-The server has 35 players present

-You type the command '/players'

-The resulting output in the chat window does not show the full list of players because the list is to large to fit in the chat window. You will not see players 1-18. You will only see players 19-35 and their ID numbers.

I understand bud - but what are you trying to achieve?

Just look at the list - and then do what? Kick? Just curious who's who?

So even though the list cant display all - what were you planning to do after looking at the list? :)

EDIT: Im asking this because I want to know your purpose of looking at the list - so I may get some ideas on not just to "make more names visible on the list" - but rather, if you're looking for a better "stats", or more flxible kick, or ...

Edited by Panzertard

Ah, my bad - I just tested login in as admin. you can't kick from the Pool page - I was sure this was possible.

Anyway - we've laid a plan on how to change some of the command and kicking by name / wildcards is one of the planes we have for future versions.

Until then - hm, maybe we can add a filter for the /players command.

Something like "/players cr" lists all players with "cr" as part of their name.

That way you can get the info you need on screen.

• 2 weeks later...

A question/suggestion of messages.

Is it possible to display just messages to red or blue? Meaning... have all of the Red take-offs and deaths display for only red and likewise for blue. That way we eliminate the extra info clutter and keep it so only red knows where red players are and blue knows where blue players are.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

A question/suggestion of messages.

Is it possible to display just messages to red or blue? Meaning... have all of the Red take-offs and deaths display for only red and likewise for blue. That way we eliminate the extra info clutter and keep it so only red knows where red players are and blue knows where blue players are.

Oh, nice - but unfortunately I think most of the text is displayed by the original client.lua, server.lua, events.lua on the Client.

But for people who wish less clutter - and run Servman as the preffered "client" net-script (on their computer instead of the original files), there could certainly be such an option.

But since there are so few that would use it (servman on a client), I'm not sure if I should make a priority out of it.

Oh, nice - but unfortunately I think most of the text is displayed by the original client.lua, server.lua, events.lua on the Client.
So is client.lua called when a player joins a server as a client, and server.lua is called when the player hosts a mission?

As for displaying messages to a single coalition only, the net.send_chat(string message, bool all) apparently only has the option of sending the message to all or to the server coalition. Since the server usually is a spectator it won't do much good, unless I am mistaken here and it can be used to send it to either or both coalitions.

If I'm not mistaken then perhaps net.set_unit(int id, string unit) could be used to switch the coalition of the server between messages.

There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

So is client.lua called when a player joins a server as a client, and server.lua is called when the player hosts a mission?

As for displaying messages to a single coalition only, the net.send_chat(string message, bool all) apparently only has the option of sending the message to all or to the server coalition. Since the server usually is a spectator it won't do much good, unless I am mistaken here and it can be used to send it to either or both coalitions.

If I'm not mistaken then perhaps net.set_unit(int id, string unit) could be used to switch the coalition of the server between messages.

Don't quote me directly on that - because I need to go back and look into the code to give you a definitive answer. ;)

the "net.send_chat" handles quite a lot of the messages yes, but I there was some other events happening as well.

Okai, now you got me digging into the code again ... brb

So on the server end the lua files don't handle any of the "Player X has landed at Anapa" or "Player x killed player y via Aim-120C"?

The idea being we turn off server messages via the settings and use Servman to handle them instead. So we can have the extra control over what is and isn't displayed.

Personally I dislike seeing all of the player landed/took-off messages. Its way to easy to know who is up in the air and who isn't and where they are coming from. But if you only received info on your teammates activities then your team still benefits from having the info.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

So on the server end the lua files don't handle any of the "Player X has landed at Anapa" or "Player x killed player y via Aim-120C"?

The idea being we turn off server messages via the settings and use Servman to handle them instead. So we can have the extra control over what is and isn't displayed.

Personally I dislike seeing all of the player landed/took-off messages. Its way to easy to know who is up in the air and who isn't and where they are coming from. But if you only received info on your teammates activities then your team still benefits from having the info.

I'm testing something now - give me a couple of days ;)

On a related note, could you perhaps look into reorganizing the logs? They seem to be contain duplicate information or useless information.

I am playing with the ServMan code myself but having more trouble with the language itself instead of the code.

There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

On a related note, could you perhaps look into reorganizing the logs? They seem to be contain duplicate information or useless information.

I am playing with the ServMan code myself but having more trouble with the language itself instead of the code.

Yes, what in particular do you mean?

The chatlog contain the "the chat just as the player can see it" including kills & deaths etc.

So when people laugh or point their fingers, you know at what incident they did that at.

The serverlog is a tool for debugging, looking for problems or finding players ID/IP for later bans & kicks.

Of course this means there will be duplicate happenings if you look in both files - but you use the file you need for the specific task you are looking for.

Edited by Panzertard

I'm using servman since few days and I can say that it work great, just on bug i noticed : In the Servman log file sometimes the kill event appear two times, but with two or three seconds difference.

As I'm making statistics with this file, I always have to double-check for duplicate events.

04/13/10215115KILLPlayerid=[7]name=AAAAside=RedkilledplayerBlueBBBBwithR-77(AA-12).

04/13/10215118KILLPlayerid=[7]name=AAAAside=RedkilledplayerBlueBBBBwithR-77(AA-12).

Also, it would be nice that the servman lists the missions that are inside directories, or that we could add more folders for the mission files available.

Edited by Xjikz

Proud to be a [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] :joystick::pilotfly::book:

I've noticed if you hit someone with two missiles, you might get the kill message twice. Once for killing the pilot and the second for destroying the Aircraft it seems. This also applies for servers not running ServerMan.

Now if this is true, then the double messages are caused by a bug in FC2, and not a bug in ServerMan. That's my guess anyway.

Generally all messages that are prefixed with "#" are messages sent by the server. Everything else is generated on the client's side. I am not sure if it is possible to disable these messages for clients, maybe by editing events.lua on the server accordingly and adding it to the file check list, but then you would require clients to download the edited version of that file before joining the server, which isn't very user friendly.

net.send_chat() can also send messages to individual players, so to send a message to one side only you could simply iterate over all its players. From the readme.txt

On the server this function supports another set of arguments as well:

* void net.send_chat(string message, int to[, int from=0])

It sends a message to the specified client [pretending it was sent by another client].

Edited by Acedy

When we fly we already have that info, from both the Abris and on Team Speak...:joystick:

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR