ServMan v.2.1 Alpha for FC2

Panzertard

Generally all messages that are prefixed with "#" are messages sent by the server.

These ones are the messages I want to disable, so what should I do? (I'm not sure to understand what to do with the "net.send_chat() " and where to change it?)

Thanks in advance

Proud to be a [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] :joystick::pilotfly::book:

These ones are the messages I want to disable, so what should I do? (I'm not sure to understand what to do with the "net.send_chat() " and where to change it?)

Thanks in advance

Working on a version where you can disable certain messages via Servman.

I'll tell you more about this over the weekend - need to complete some tests first.

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

Any chance we could get a admin "Extend time by" feature?

And as an extension of that... automated "time remaining" messages every 5 minutes within an half hour of rotation?

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Any chance we could get a admin "Extend time by" feature?

And as an extension of that... automated "time remaining" messages every 5 minutes within an half hour of rotation?

Current version: If you /reinit while logged in a subadmin - the timer will be reset to 0.

Is that enough or do you need to very specific option of "just extending 30 mins, with 5 mins warnings on screen"?

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

Well the idea is to merely extend the game just a little bit especially if an interesting battle is about to unfold, the gameplay is at epic levels, or you just want to fly a little bit longer in the mission.

Generally speaking though, you will likely see two forms of rotation. Time based, and trigger based. Though, I'm considering a mix of both... set the time rotation to a few hours but allow for a triggered rotation of objectives.

Working on a version where you can disable certain messages via Servman.

I'll tell you more about this over the weekend - need to complete some tests first.

Hopefully it would disable them but still log them. I don't want the takeoff landing messages to appear BUT we are working on a PHP script to read those for our logbook creation.

Hopefully it would disable them but still log them. I don't want the takeoff landing messages to appear BUT we are working on a PHP script to read those for our logbook creation.

Yes, I understand - but that may be something for the dedicated "ServMan-EventStats" log file which will contain pure statistics data for your flights. ;)

Still, the messages need to be logged for server admins to trace players and quarrels.

Question, As a Client on 104th server I get a lot of unknown player messages. I have 2.1.4 Alhpa for FC2 installed for when I run a server. Could this be causing it on my end?

NM I see it can cause it now :)

Yes, I had it fixed, but somehow I managed to reintroduce it again. I hope to have it gone again by the next version.

Statsfile Format - is there a preffered format you gentlemen would like to see?

- Same "textfile" as it appears in the game?

- CSV comma separated file?

- XML? (I have no idea on how to do the translations yet, but it should be possible)

- Should the stats-report be created continously?

- Should the stats also inlude a separat statistics file per session hosted? (It can only contain elements that is registered by the chat for now).

Examples: "Total RED active players, Total RED deaths, Total RED hours flown".

Hi Panzer,

I would opt for writing the events to text file just like the mp_log.txt file did in FC1.12.

Preferentially, each line should contain the following:

• UTC timestamp
  • in game timestamp
  • player name
  • player coalition
  • player aircraft
  • event

Where the events would be the following:

• joined the server (would not have a plane/coalition selected)
  • enter the game (on selecting plane/coalition)
  • take off from airfield (also display airfield coalition)
  • land at airfield (also display airfield coalition)
  • crash
  • eject
  • exit the game
  • exited the server
  • joined as spectator
  • kill plane
  • kill vehicle
  • kill ship
  • kill static

The plane kill events should then give:

• player name (or AI name)
  • coalition
  • aircraft
  • weapon

The vehicle, ship and static kill events would have:

• name (BTR-80, Kuznetsov, Bridge)
  • coalition
  • weapon

It would be very very cool if it could log all weapons fired by humans, sort of like the debrief.log shows, but I don't think there is a LUA callback that does this.

S! Case

There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

And make the difference between ground unit and aircraft because at the moment the Servman log file just consider "units" and even if we can have the name of the unit, it's difficult to make an automated statistic of ground units killed, and aircraft killed.

At the moment I import the Servman log file in Excel and with automated filtering and calculation I manage to get stats and score for all of the players.

I think the best is to have one file each time the server loads a mission, because it's always better to have multiple small files than one very big file.

Also, is it possible for you to add to the file an event when players rearm and/or refuel ?

Edited by Xjikz

Proud to be a [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] :joystick::pilotfly::book:

/resume command works for all players I think.

Keep in mind there is a high probability that the server crashed while loading a new mission. This seems to be a common problem with several of the servers. Even running a mission for 3 minutes and voting to change missions causes the game on the server box to crash.

I hope this issue gets resolved because I rather dislike running the same mission for long periods of time.

• 2 weeks later...

<Cue, Prof. Farnsworth>

Good news everyone!

farnsworth.jpg

Players of DCS and FC2 will no longer be able to avoid kicks & bans by changing nick or IP.

Their unique player ID (ucid) will now be registered with Servman and the banlist.

Squadrons will (after a new version of Servman) be able to exchange player-ID's and keep the offenders locket out permanently.

The Unique Player ID is calculated from parts of the SF-key, and will truly be unique per player.

The only possible way to circumvent a ban will be to buy a new license, or:

- forward a request to said squadron CO's or Server Admins to be allowed back in.

To be let back on - simple behave - and ask for a second chance.

And to avoid any problems in the first place - behave at all times!

A big thanks to ED for implementing the necesarry stuff for making this possible!

Edited by Panzertard
  • Like 1

I don't know what's more awesome - Prof Farnsworth or the news. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Best News by a Country Mile :thumbup:

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

You didn't even need the picture. I read it in his voice anyways!

This is very very good news. I suppose this also means we can have global stats tied to a UserID?

So how exactly does the global ban thing work?

Crunch, I'm working on finalizing a release - without too much debug code shortly, matter of days I hope and before the weekend.

Unfortunately I have work to take care of - so my hours are limited. ;)

And oh - the new ucid ban wont work without a patched FC2 of course!

So we have to wait for the patch, gents. :)

Grimes, global as in masterban list - download via http I assume?

It exists in Servman - unfortunately I haven't had the time to verify that it is still working as intended.

But we still lack the ability to upload / share the data.

Anyway, the new local ban-database is prepared for this, so I can add (when time allows) an export / upload active bans.

Bans will be managed from Servman interface now - no need to mess with the files themselves. But you still can if you like.

So more about such features a bit later - first things first, prepare for a stable release. :)

• Like 1