ServMan v.2.1 Alpha for FC2

Panzertard

Not more than I posted in the other thread, but I assume it's better to continue in this thread.

Gent's thanks, I've had a look at some of the files I recieved.

Something occurs to me though:

- If the server has a "customized" rearm database (without breaking integrity, f.ex via servman).

- the client has the original rearm rearm database (so we know he isnt cheating - integrity check passes).

Then when the client brings up his radio, to rearm:

- Client will see his local database? I assume this for now, since I haven't started testing this much yet.

- Client request a load out, let's say F3.

Then either:

A) Server responds to the "F3" slot as in "#3" in server-database?

And delivers a loadout the client didnt request (the user saw something else on screen from the client-database).

B) Server responds to a loadout-id being requested. A loadout-id from the client-database which is FC2 original, and not what we're looking for.

Anyway - this needs to be inspected. I can see there will be major challenges getting the client to be able to see what the server knows about Rearm-data.

So basicly - I think I can see problems even before we start.

I'm pondering a little bit if there are any clever workarounds.

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

Just a quick update - some of you guys PM me now & then to ask, might keep you informed here as well.

- Events/chatfiltering is possible! Thanks to c0ff for helping out.

- Custom Rearms, still investigating.

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

I just bought FC2 and am thinking of starting online play. From what I gather this is like 5 friendly kills and your out. Are friendlys clearly identifiable or is online play easily able to have mistaken identity with no labels especially in bvr combat?

Just brush up on your IFF skills and don't shoot everything you see. Servman displays warnings if you do teamkill.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Very cool, but can you implement mind control, possibly in Russian?

:D

rofl :D

I just bought FC2 and am thinking of starting online play. From what I gather this is like 5 friendly kills and your out. Are friendlys clearly identifiable or is online play easily able to have mistaken identity with no labels especially in bvr combat?

IFF, implemented for both sides. But you can ask for help on the servers you play, use teamspeak and get in touch with people. Quite alot of helpful folks out there if you just communicate with them. ;)

Hi Panzer,

Is it correct ServMan 2.1.4 doesn't work with FC2 1.2.1? It didn't work in game when I tried it just now and there were some errors in error.log.

Just a quick update - some of you guys PM me now & then to ask, might keep you informed here as well.

- Events/chatfiltering is possible! Thanks to c0ff for helping out.

- Custom Rearms, still investigating.

Great stuff! Looking forward to it!

There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Hi Panzer,

Is it correct ServMan 2.1.4 doesn't work with FC2 1.2.1? It didn't work in game when I tried it just now and there were some errors in error.log.

Great stuff! Looking forward to it!

Correct, there's been a slight change - I need to scramble a release.

So hang in there.

Please DO NOT install Servman 2.1.x on your FC 1.2.1 servers.

The server.lua, event.lua and a few more files have been changed in the patch.

Make sure you have all the FC2 1.2.1 \Scripts\Net in patched state for later.

I'm working on a release for you guys now - but for now, keep your servers in vanilla state - the next version of Servman will not be installed in the same way.

I'm working on a release for you guys now - but for now, keep your servers in vanilla state - the next version of Servman will not be installed in the same way.
Glad to hear a new version will be released soon!

There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.