Laser with Su 25 and K50

Cahuete

Hello,

Is the k50 can illuminate a target for the Su25T, like this the SU25T can fire and forget ?

It would be nice, no ? :thumbup:

Thank's and sorry for my bad english ;)

Gigabyte P35 DS3L - Core2Duo 8400 @ 3600mgz - 2*2 giga dual Corsair Dominator - Palit HD4870 512mo - WD Sata 2 Caviar 500 & 320 giga & Raptor 150 giga- XP pro et Windows 7 64

Hotas Warthog - Pro Flight Rudder Pedals - Track Ir 5

you have to stay within an arc so can't really fire and forget. it's not too much of a problem as the max range of the vikhr is about 10-15 secs to impact anyway (i'm sure someone will post the exact arc and max time to impact!)

but yes, it would be nice - would be also nice to have a radar(!) but they don't have that in real life so it's not in the sim

Edited by polomeister

Kh-25ML and Kh-29L would be illuminated in Lo by Ka-50 if ED decided to make it. Soon we will see ;]

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Yeah I know there is a laser designator seperate from the one on the weapons control panel. It says in the manual that its for buddy lasing I think. I can think of a few scenarios where it would actually be useful from a tactical standpoint and not just a coolness factor.

It's true that it would be great to be abble to designate targets from the Ka-50 for the Su-25.

Like this, the Su-25 would be abble to make some "fire and forget", and wouldn't have to search for targets.

There is only one problem : is it possible to do it in reality ?Because DCS is hardcore, do ED won't do it if it is unrealistic.

But if it is realistic, it would be great to add this possibility with the comming patch ! :)

Like this,we could do a nice teamwork and FC2.0 would have a larger interest ! :)

Please, ED, we thrust in you ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As pointed out this doesn't work for the beam-riding Vikhr/9a1472. However, I believe it works for the Kh-25 (in DCS at least I've noticed that my sensor automatically acquires and gives the launch cue during anti-shipping runs in which multiple Ka-50s are designating/attacking the same ship)

+ 1 for thrusting in ED (it is nice to trust others' research once in a while).

He said that its not yet implemented but might be possible in the future.

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p