Another "Will my PC cut-it" thread

Currently running a E6600 Dual-Core and I'm looking to get a Core 2 Quad Q9650. Is this going to be worth the $300+ its going to cost me?

Currently -my rig is getting about 30-40 FPS in open areas but it drops considerably in big fire-fights.

Even better - If someone is running the Q9650 - can you post yer average FPS?

Thank You

- - - - - - - - TO FLY IS HEAVEN. TO HOVER IS DIVINE - - - - - -

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Please check the graphic.cfg first.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=821897&postcount=1

This will give you mutch more performance than a new CPU.

I still have a Q6600, works on mine. So yes, it will work fine on that CPU... If worth the upgrade? I would say go for it :D

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.

I went from a PDC E2160 to a C2Q Q9400 and the difference was phenomenal. Granted, I have a decent GPU (Radeon HD4870,) but if you have a GPU to back it up, the CPU can make a gigantic difference. I went from consistent <20FPS to constant >30FPS and it's wonderful =)

Also if you haven't gotten it yet, TrackIR/freetrack is an absolute MUST. It turns an exercise in frustration into a realistic-if-nauseating rollercoaster =D

I went from a PDC E2160 to a C2Q Q9400 and the difference was phenomenal. Granted, I have a decent GPU (Radeon HD4870,) but if you have a GPU to back it up, the CPU can make a gigantic difference. I went from consistent <20FPS to constant >30FPS and it's wonderful =)

Also if you haven't gotten it yet, TrackIR/freetrack is an absolute MUST. It turns an exercise in frustration into a realistic-if-nauseating rollercoaster =D

I have a couple of 9600-GT's in SLi that seem to work very well. Some of the drivers, as of late, aren't that great, but I'm dealing with that.

As for the CPU - I'm really on the fence and wondering if it's going to be worth the money.

I have all the bells and whistles (TrackIR, Dual monitors, Saitek X-45) - I'm just not getting the frames I thought I would. Kinda a weird anomaly. I could have sworn I use to get better frames about 6-months ago. Still working with the Graphics-Tweak document with little improvement.

- - - - - - - - TO FLY IS HEAVEN. TO HOVER IS DIVINE - - - - - -

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]