whats the ideal ping?

danny777

i usually go on the 104th server cause its the least laggiest for me at 50 pings :) If i were to go on servers showing me 350+ ping , is that tolerable? or will i be warping and missile timings etc will be affecting me ?

ps : please hurry up with the patch, im sure many others are impatiently waiting to join in on the fun...

You're lucky with 50ms ping to 104th server. I have 200 there but with FC2 optimized multiplayer code I don't see almost any warp. The real problem is if the mission have a lot of ia concentration (like a lot of AA in the same area), then you're gonna see warps even with 10ms or peoplewith 400+ ping, those are gonna make the whole server lag.

Edited by Distiler

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

whats the ideal ping?

0. (april fool) :D

[sIGPIC]http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6720/avatarpolishairforce.png[/sIGPIC]

system specs:

mobo: Gigabyte GA-P35DS4 rev 2.1, CPU: Intel C2D E8400@4GHz, GPU: Nvidia 8800GTS 512, RAM: Kingston HyperX 4x 1GB 1066MHz Dual Channel, HDD: Samsung Spinpoint F1 640 GB x2, sound: Realtek Azalia ALC889A + SB Audigy + Dolby Digital/DTS external encoder/tuner, display: Asus VW222U 22', case: Raidmax Smilodon, headphones: Sennheiser HD650, stick: Saitek Cyborg Evo, Track IR4 Pro + TrackClip Pro, O/S: Windows 7/Vista x64

200ms is very acceptable but 400ms is about the highest as you should get. When I fly with squad mate from same country both having 350ms to some servers I can see him not being very smooth... not too bad but with sudden stick moves and I see his aircraft get bit jerky :)

No longer active in DCS...

4, I love beeing on LAN with the server

50, awesome

100, good - no problems

200, not sure I want to be there, lag symptoms will start to appear

250, a few more people connecting and we're downhill from here.

300, I'm out of here

So personally I would'nt connect to a server if I see it above 200, and if there are other server below 200.

Some servers may start off below 200 - but when more people connect my and the servers ping may start rise.

I'd leave the server at 300++

It's all a matter of opinion I guess. ;)

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

One thing to take into account when talking about Pings, you can an ultra smooth connection at 500ms as long as you have as close to 0% packet loss and a decent enough rig. On the other hand If your ping is say beow 200ms you can still have bad warpage if your packet loss is high, I had an 88% packet loss with a Belkin router I had and a 170ms ping and everything was warping around me that bad I had to give up as I was too worried about crashing with a friendly.